As Bad as 2000 WCW was...

Absolutely. He totally shouldve made the move to WWE during the Invasion, when he came back in 2003 he just wasnt the same in 03
He needed surgery on his ankle so that limited him a lot in the ring.

Im not sure it would have been better if they committed to that character though. It was very theatrical and didn't fit with the rest of the program. If the Mortal Kombat theme had taken off, Seven might have slotted in with those guys. I guess they made a movie knock off character work with Sting, but that played off his longstanding role in the company, rather than trying to hide it.
The Crow movie being cool as fuck really helped. Sting spent his whole career giving guys the benefit of a doubt. Half his angles were about him trusting guys and getting screwed over by them in the end. The one time he needed them to believe him they didn't so he finally snapped.

The Crow movie being cool as fuck really helped. Sting spent his whole career giving guys the benefit of a doubt. Half his angles were about him trusting guys and getting screwed over by them in the end. The one time he needed them to believe him they didn't so he finally snapped.

Dark city was an awesome movie too, it just didn't translate to the squared circle as well.

What??!!! Goldust was in wcw wcw ????

I didn't get the whole Seven angle either. Why waste all that time and money, just to have him shit on the character and be regular Dustin Rhodes anyway? They loved burning money in the late 90's. It's no wonder we got the result we did.
it was an attempt at being edgy with a worked shoot and fell flat. like 99% of their ideas around that time

Anyone who's saying "it's better than today" has clearly never seen WCW in it's dying days.

I bought a WCW Hardcore title replica from a Mexican flea market last year so that's pretty cool, I guess.

At least 99 gave us Rap is Crap.
fun fact: There were two cuts for the rap is crap music video. They are almost identical, however one has a few different crowd shots used when they filmed the video in Nashville. How do I know this? Because a 16 year old me is screaming and giving the wolfpack sign to the camera in one cut of the video. During the filming, Hennig said "Who is this Konnan guy?" Because they were apparently going to do a program together "He's your bitch!" My friend shouted back. Hennig replied "He ain't my bitch" I kept yelling about how his cowboy hat was perfect, his boots were perfect, everything was perfect.

Back