As a Persian, I watched 300 and...

Didn't Leonidas die pretty early in the battle? I seem to remember that Leonidas was one of the first spartans to die and the spartans put themselves in danger and fought for hours just to retrieve his corpse (unsuccessfully), the dude was also old as fuck when the battle of Thermopylae happened.
u remember wrong

The movie was awesome. The real story is awesome. Persians are pussies and got bitch slapped.

300 is the GOAT

They haven't made it yet but Chinese empire might be the subject of the next movie.
Whats+wrong+with+hipsters+_24ffca5a9dce91ce9178d6bbaab02908.gif

300 is legitimately one of the worst movies I've ever seen in terms of dialogue and plot. Visually stunning, but Frank Miller is a dumb douche.

I especially liked the oracles being pig-men that were referred to as "boy lovers" when, in actuality, the Spartans were pederasts and also happened to be wearing the most homoerotic uniforms in cinema history.

Also, the complete abandonment of the phalanx for the far more efficient Batman style hand to hand combat was just awesomely smart for guys fighting in speedos.

My brother is married to a Persian. The men really do wear white shoes sometimes. Love the silk shirts too.

LOL imagine an army of this beef fuck. Feed his fat limbs to the greek gods.
g1D26mS.jpg

ckjgaFS.jpg

YL6wDGG.jpg

Dude its fantasy based on real events. Not that hard to grasp lol

Sure why would we care, you're only yanks. We're far to busy plamasing Irish American tourists, while ripping them off for €9 pints in Temple Bar.

Bruxelles is much cheaper.

Plus, that awesome statue.

Sure why would we care, you're only yanks. We're far to busy plamasing Irish American tourists, while ripping them off for €9 pints in Temple Bar.
Personally, i noticed that many people that did the Guinness Brewery tour didn't actually drink the 'perfect pint' we all poured

that was like 8 for me, i mean someone had to drink them

You gotta remember that’s it’s a story told to the Spartans, by a Spartan, memorializing Spartans. Obviously he’ll embellish the ferocity and decadence of the enemy to make his own people look even more bad ass and righteous.
This. So much.

The Spartans didn't fight barechested either. They had armor. They would've been a lot smaller with less muscle. And the movie left out the gay relationships between boys and men.

We don’t know how tall they were meant to be in the film but xerxes def made them look short.

In terms of muscle mass and physique, some stuntmen working out for a few months and performing a cutting cycle doesn’t equal spartan warrior. Maybe if they’d never skipped leg day in their lives (or had Woodley-esque genetics) they would match the artwork.

spartan-hoplites-c-600-bc.jpg

11.jpg

rider_bm_b1.jpg

main-qimg-a0bbed7a68e4f56044f63a629a91bb6e-c

Amphora_death_Priam_Louvre_F222.jpg

It was such a confusing movie. It is banned in Iran but I don't understand! It was so over the top that its hardly worth getting upset over. I mean, the Persian immortals seemed like some anime horror army.

Also, the only human looking Persian was the black dude that got kicked in the hole. Funny thing is, the Persian immortals look more badass in the movie than in real life who had beards/no mask and colorful uniforms. In real life, most of them looked like Gerard Butlers character except smaller.

I know I am late to the party, but a third movie is on the way which evolves the Chinese empire, so I thought I would watch to see how it made me feel. I don't really understand why the Persian immortals were so fictionalized in Japanese armors and scream style masks while being deformed demons and having that crazy monster but it was fun to watch.

Salam kuni

ya there is clearly no reason it should've been banned

More people need to be like the Irish IMO when it comes to 'getting offended'

Notre Dame has what appears to be a f'n drunken leprechaun as their 'fighting Irish' mascot, nobody bats an eye

meanwhile my alma mater SDSU had it's mascot removed b/c it was 'culturally insensitive to the Aztecs'......wait, what Aztecs?
even cannibals and ritual human sacrifices need a safe space imo

We don’t know how tall they were meant to be in the film but xerxes def made them look short.

In terms of muscle mass and physique, some stuntmen working out for a few months and performing a cutting cycle doesn’t equal spartan warrior. Maybe if they’d never skipped leg day in their lives (or had Woodley-esque genetics) they would match the artwork.

spartan-hoplites-c-600-bc.jpg

11.jpg

rider_bm_b1.jpg

main-qimg-a0bbed7a68e4f56044f63a629a91bb6e-c

Amphora_death_Priam_Louvre_F222.jpg

Those "stuntmen" would be gym rats with access to modern training, nutrition, and whatever amount of roids they want to pump themselves full of. Spartan males were trained on a restricted diet and learned what it was like to starve. Based on their diet and training they would be a lot leaner and less muscular.

I primarily only know vulgarities, some of my good friends are Iranian.

Lol, I thought you were Persian. For me, Iranians are either the loveliest people on the planet or the scum of the earth. Not too many folks that are in between.

Good on you for not giving a shit about it. Their depictions of the Persians and the Ephors were both appalling.

Back