Artists to chill to?

JSN

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Who do you guys like to put on just as nice chill music?

I really like to throw on PJ Harvey albums. She so good. Lately I've been just going to YouTube and putting on on of her songs and then letting autoplay do its thing. Her catalog is so big and good and I only own like 4-5 of her albums, so I keep finding new stuff to love long time.

If you dig pj, & listen to her when
you're chilling... maybe some early
cat power would be something
like what you're looking for...

Very underrated artist. Also check out the song Islands by her.

Bill Evans, Sunday at the Village Vanguard in particular:

This alongside Rhubarb and Stone In Focus are some of the finest ambient tracks ever recorded. Love Richard D. James and thoroughly enjoy listening to his music when I need to unwind and or relax

Alice Coltrane, Ptah the El Daoud.
Pharoah Saunders sounds amazing with Alice's piano and harp behind everything.

It has some great life advice too. Pursue happiness with diligence.

PanteraVulgarDisplayofPower.jpg

Thievery Corporation
Nightmares On Wax
Bill Frisell

Deerhunter (some albums like Cryptograms), Anita Baker, Creedence (some songs, Lookin' Out My Back Door is my ultimate happy chill song, followed by Down on the Corner), Beach House, lots of blue eyed soul and low key soul/r&b from the 70's and 80's, Chillwave and Shoegazing stuff, chill late 60's to mid 70's rock, etc.

I don't know about a particular artist, although Nujabes has a lot of chill stuff, as does Emancipator (who I got to see live a while back).

Here's a few tracks that I find chill/relaxing:

my kind of chill is prolly different

nick cave obviously for when im in that mood...

Katatonia too

The neighborhood. Good late night chill or run music. Seriously, i never thought i'd like them.

Back