Artists that are clearly ridiculous, yet you like them

Death Grips. They don't call it hobocore cause they are tame.

But man do they make some brash, abrasive, kick-ass music.

Underdog (and I really love this band)

that entire first album (and some live shows) are available as a youtube playlist HERE

I've never played a MOBA type game but I still enjoyed this

You're not going to give up promoting these guys are you? <45>

Your not gonna give up on being a try-hard are you?

Death Grips don't need promoting. If you knew anything about music you would know that.

Your not gonna give up on being a try-hard are you?

Death Grips don't need promoting. If you knew anything about music you would know that.
music? <45><45><45><45><45><45><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

Have you heard about his love for Disney?

No, I hadn't heard that before but it totally fits his persona. I love that he recorded his own tracks of the theme songs to listen to on the rides, that's great!

A friend of mine is the merch manager for Umphrey's McGee. In 2003 Buckethead opened for them one of the three nights of their New Years run in Chicago. Anyway, my friend picked up Buckethead from the airport to give him a ride into the city. She said he had a bunch of little toys and action figures that he was fidgeting around with the whole ride. She said he was kind of like a little kid.

TISM is the fucking best. Posting a song wouldn't really wouldn't tell the story though.

TISM was a band that started in the 80's in Australia and basically became the biggest alternative band in the country.

Without trying.

Actually they pretty much sabotaged every single attempt by the media to make them big by trolling journalists and tv networks before trolling was even a thing.

TISM on dealing with journalists:
TISM have been masters at subverting the interview process. Their tricks have included making journalists perform the interview from a field via two cans and a piece of string; having them dress up in scuba gear; and forcing them to forward questions in advance and lie in a pitch-dark flotation tank while the band responded.
https://www.theage.com.au/news/music/sticky-carpet/2006/08/03/1154198253868.html

TISM on Australia's most popular family orientated tv show at the time.

Singing Saturday Night Palsy

They won an ARIA (Australian equivalent of a grammy) for best independent release and had well known (in Aus) Hungarian sports reporter accept for them and call the music industry in his native tongue a septic boil on the buttocks of humanity. Followed by hoping that they all die a horrible death.

They applauded because no one knew what he was saying.

When given the opportunity to host RAGE (Big tv show where aus artists play their fav music clips kinda like MTV) they played themes from news shows and the incredibly grating rage theme over and over and over again.

Oh and their website was www.tism.wanker.com

A friend of mine is the merch manager for Umphrey's McGee. In 2003 Buckethead opened for them one of the three nights of their New Years run in Chicago. Anyway, my friend picked up Buckethead from the airport to give him a ride into the city. She said he had a bunch of little toys and action figures that he was fidgeting around with the whole ride. She said he was kind of like a little kid.

I've read similar stories about Buckethead over the years. Given he put out, what, 200+ albums in the last two years and, stuff like the above, I do wonder if he has some form of mild autism or something similar. Not in a harsh way, mark you, just an observation.

TISM is the fucking best. Posting a song wouldn't really wouldn't tell the story though.

TISM was a band that started in the 80's in Australia and basically became the biggest alternative band in the country.

Without trying.

Actually they pretty much sabotaged every single attempt by the media to make them big by trolling journalists and tv networks before trolling was even a thing.

TISM on dealing with journalists:

https://www.theage.com.au/news/music/sticky-carpet/2006/08/03/1154198253868.html

TISM on Australia's most popular family orientated tv show at the time.

Singing Saturday Night Palsy

They won an ARIA (Australian equivalent of a grammy) for best independent release and had well known (in Aus) Hungarian sports reporter accept for them and call the music industry in his native tongue a septic boil on the buttocks of humanity. Followed by hoping that they all die a horrible death.

They applauded because no one knew what he was saying.

When given the opportunity to host RAGE (Big tv show where aus artists play their fav music clips kinda like MTV) they played themes from news shows and the incredibly grating rage theme over and over and over again.

Oh and their website was www.tism.wanker.com

I love stuff like this. The Replacements were similarly self-sabotaging, got kicked off of SNL for being too drunk, would routinely swap instruments mid show, start fights, play entire sets of country covers in hardcore clubs in the 80s, all that jazz.

Favourite story about them like that is, for the opening, titular track of their album "Hootenanny", which was being overseen by a producer placed there by the label who, clearly didn't really care and, after each take would go "yeah, sounds great guys, want to hear it back?" regardless of quality.

So, they all swapped instruments, played a super sloppy blues shuffle with singer Paul Westerberg off key yelling "Hootenanny! It's a hooootennannyyyy!" into the mic and, once the take was done, guy asks the same question and, Paul just goes "Nope, track 1, side 1, done!"

Also, The Butthole Surfers... they have some cracking stuff in a similar vein to TISM, I would say. Such as their penchant for projecting medical films on the back wall of their sets while they performed. Including (and I will spoiler tag this, because it is pretty gross)
penile reconstruction surgery footage, following a farming accident apparently. Which they would sometimes show backwards. And, the lead guy also lamented that they never got a hold of "Operation Dry Pants", which was an instructional film on how to deal with incontinence in children with Down's Syndrome...

Oh and, the lead guitarist once got trashed on acid and ran around a Dutch music festival naked before their soundcheck. And tried to start a fight with Nick Cave, before being chased around by security.

Gwar, I saw them perform this on stage it was great.

Shaun Ryder is a complete buffoon but the Happy Mondays album Pills n Thrills... is excellent.

It's always seemed like Aphex Twin is just f'n around about 80% of the time. Super frustrating.

Yep....happy mondays rule.

What's really funny was Chael Sonnen smack talking an opponent and calling him "Bez" and then saying "call the cops".

Back