Artem Lobov vs. Ryan Hall TUF 22 Finals Fight

Who wins?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Must be difficult to create hype for a final where both the participants got a loss during the show.

I posted a thread in the grappling section telling them that Ryan Hall was in the finale and there were a few posters that wanted me banned for spoilers. The show just aired so it's not a spoiler. I know not that many people watch TUF these days so I was just trying to give them a heads up. I wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers, so I deleted the thread.
I get your line of thinking, but what constitutes a spoiler is pretty community dependent, and the f12 is both rather international and with quite a bit of people who watch the show after the fact. I don't get onto sherdog, grappling subforum or otherwise, if I'm behind on my watching, but I certainly wouldn't post stuff like that straight afterwards there.

Rooting hard for Ryan, btw. But I'm not believing strongly. If Artem could keep it standing vs Chris, I don't see Ryan getting him down unless he can pull off the Imanari roll again. And I think that's considerably more difficult to do against a (nearly) full training camp opponent.

Fingers crossed.

Sorry, I just can't get hyped for this fight anymore.

A guy who lost his fight to enter the house (okay, he single-handedly provided more excitement in the house fights than everyone else combined) vs a guy who lost in the quarter final.

What a load of crap. Hall was eliminated in the quarterfinals, but the semi-finalist losers don't get a shot to replace Rogers?

Pseudosport.

What a load of crap. Artem was eliminated in the first fight, but one of the winners don't get a shot at staying in the competition?

Pseudosport.

These fights don't even go in their record, they don't get an appropriate camp and don't get to cut weight in the optimal manner, which often makes them go into TUF one weight class higher than they fight.
I watch TUF too, but take it for what it is, reality tv. It is produced for entertainment value only, proper fair sport is not their concern at all.

Sorry, I just can't get hyped for this fight anymore.

A guy who lost his fight to enter the house (okay, he single-handedly provided more excitement in the house fights than everyone else combined) vs a guy who lost in the quarter final.

do you only watch undefeated fighters or something? must be a rare occasion that you tune in for a card

do you only watch undefeated fighters or something? must be a rare occasion that you tune in for a card

Yep, you got me. That's exactly what I do.

Nothing to do with the fact this is not a fight between the two best guys in the house. Or the fact the actual best guy in the house has beaten both already, Hall in the house, Lobov in the UK.

It's a silver-medal fight that means nothing now. Rogers is such an idiot for lying on his visa application, it renders the finale meaningless now.

Ryan hall by sub in the first. There's a reason why Artem is 11-10 fighting mostly bums.

Ignorance at its best.
Well, you say that Lobov only fought bums. Well then that says something about the standard outside of the UFC in the states when this bum-fighting 11-10 European guy KOs American fighters with 12-1(Chris), 8-1 (Jenkins) and 14-2 (Erosa) records.

Ye

Nothing to do with the fact this is not a fight between the two best guys in the house. Or the fact the actual best guy in the house has beaten both already, Hall in the house, Lobov in the UK.

Fight finder doesn't tell the true story of the Rogers/Lobov fight.

It was fought in a tiny cage, which restricted Lobovs movement hugely and made it much easier for Saul to get the takedown. The show was promoted by Saul's gym and he still only managed to scrape a split D.

Artem wins the rematch.

Yeah the Saul v Artem split decision wasn't a complete robbery or anything but if it was in Dublin Artem would have got the nod, you know what I mean? Close fight.

And yeah the cage is laughably small. It is a good fight yous should check it out on youtube. It looks to be in some hotel and the commentators go nuts whenever Saul does anything.

As far as rematch goes I dunno if Artem would win because I think Saul has improved more since that fight, he made a lot of stupid decisions in that fight. Obviously Artem has improved too, it would have been nice to see it.

Rooting hard for Ryan, btw. But I'm not believing strongly. If Artem could keep it standing vs Chris, I don't see Ryan getting him down unless he can pull off the Imanari roll again. And I think that's considerably more difficult to do against a (nearly) full training camp opponent.

Fingers crossed.

Chris oddly never even shot vs Artem. That being said Artems wrestling is no joke. You may not have seen it on the show but when he fought Saul in Europe Artem took him down multiple times.

In past seasons, the best indicator of the winner of the final fight has been each fighter's non-TUF fights before the show. Except for the live season, guys have time to train at their home gyms with full camps before the finale. Fights during the season are short-notice and there's alot of pressure to cut weight multiple times in just a few weeks, along with the multiple problems of living in the house.

I like Ryan Hall a lot and Artem's fights have been impressive with 3 KOs in 3 fights, but this finale is bullshit. TUF has been going downhill for a while now but at least it was always a legitimate tournament where "winning fights = getting into the UFC". Bringing Artem back and choosing Hall instead of one of the losers from the semifinals is so arbitrary.

Saul out of the fight because he lied on his visa application. Definitely one of the dumbest reasons for a fighter having to pull out of a fight. I really wanted to see Saul-Artem, had Saul winning the whole show. Damn shame he had to do such a stupid fucking thing.

Well you can actually watch Saul v Artem, they fought a few years back I watched the entire fight on YouTube. I think it's still up there. Saul LnP'd on Artem, then won by decision

What a load of crap. Hall was eliminated in the quarterfinals, but the semi-finalist losers don't get a shot to replace Rogers?

Pseudosport.

Hall lost to Saul by mojarity decision, Marcin tapped in the 2nd. That's why I suppose

Artem will win this, sucks Saul is off the card, do they put him on the London card in Feb or what? If he cant get back into US will UFC keep him? Do they have any fighter on the roster who cant get into US?

A few months back during Romero v Machida, a few brazillians couldn't get in the country a few weeks before the fight because of visa issues. I don't believe this happens all to often

Back