Artem Lobov: Khabib Nurmagomedov is big in Russia ‘because of Conor McGregor’

Artem needs to just shut his yapper and get back to altering the sleeve length of his shirts.

Conor looked like a corpse in making weight, at 145, but he fucking made it each time. Massive respect for that.

And while I would be cheering for Khabib should this fight happen, I'm only forgiving Khabib when he hits the scale and makes weight.

But if Conor wants Khabib in Russia... okay, can't say anything cause Conor gets what Conor wants. Shitty luck for Tony, but at Conor's height of MMA, wins only get you so far. You have to be worth his time.

Everything Conor touches turns into gold. Marcus Brimage, Brandao or Poirer are probably globally more known than Mighty Mouse. Millions have seen Conor highlights, while only several thousands have seen MM fight.

Khabib could become something like Diaz, popular and a draw when against Conor, but not that popular by himself.

Dillion Danis though. Kicked out of his gym. Just lost Polaris 5 and before that, Submission Underground 4 to to Jake Shields.

Go fuck some more wigs you chump.

SVtNsT90BBI.jpg

Recently, Dana White said that McGregor is interested in meeting ‘The Eagle’ in Russia following his boxing bout with Floyd Mayweather, in an interview with MMAJunkie.com.

‘The Russian Hammer’ thinks that MMA is the biggest sport in his homeland at the moment. For that reason, he is confident that a UFC event would be a massive success should it take place.

“It would be absolutely huge,” Lobov told MMA Fighting.

“Every time I go to Russia I get the feeling that (MMA) is the biggest sport in the country right now. It’s the coolest sport at the moment. Men and women love it. It’s become mainstream and there are a number of reasons for that.

“A personality like Conor’s appeals to the Russian people a lot. He’s always ready to go, he knocks people out and he’s tough. Obviously, Fedor Emelianenko is a huge national treasure. The president, Vladimir Putin, is a huge fan of his and the sport in general.

“All of these things have made the sport very important over there, and as a result of that, MMA is very popular. When you have a sport that is so popular and a guy like Conor is at the top of his game, that provides the fans with a lot of talking points. He is the guy that everyone knows over there.”

Lobov frequents Russia for commentary duties having recently signed to be the voice of the Fight Nights Global. He revealed that many Russian fighters are thankful for McGregor raising the profile of MMA.

“When I talk to Russian fighters when I’m over there they are very thankful and complimentary of Conor,” Lobov said. “They see him as one of the main factors behind MMA becoming mainstream in Russia. The pay for most fighters has increased as the popularity of MMA has increased. They are definitely feeling the McGregor effect in the East.”

It seems likely that Nurmagomedov would be the driving force behind a UFC card in Russia, but Lobov believes that his countryman’s fan base was built on the back of McGregor bringing so much attention to the sport.

“It would be very hard to say who would be the bigger draw in Russia between Khabib and Conor. I honestly feel that Khabib is as big as he is in Russia because of Conor McGregor,” Lobov said.

“As I said, Conor is the guy who has made MMA a hot topic in Russia. More and more Russians started watching the UFC when Conor came along. The more they watched, the more they understood it. Then, all of a sudden you get this Russian guy coming along and of course the Russian people put their support behind him.”

Lobov also suggested that a lot of Russian fans are “unhappy” with Nurmagomedov’s frequent withdrawals from high profile bouts.

“A lot of people in Russian aren’t happy with how Khabib has been behaving with all of his pullouts,” Lobov said, “This isn’t a very manly thing to do, not showing up for a fight. In Russia, the people have been brought up tough. It used to be the Soviet Union. The thing everybody thinks of when they think about Russia is how tough the people are. “When they see a fighter continuously pulling out, that’s something that they really don’t like. Then they look at a guy like Conor who always shows up and does what he says he’s going to do. That really resonates with the Russian public.”

Should the Russian event come to fruition, Lobov expects support to be divided between Nurmagomedov and McGregor.

He said: “If a fight happens between Conor and Khabib in Russia, the support would be divided between them. It would be 50-50.

“There would be a lot of support for Conor. If you factor in the Irish that would travel over, there might be even more people supporting Conor at the event even though it would be taking place in Russia.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/8/...ov-is-big-in-russia-because-of-conor-mcgregor

You can't say that Artem isn't loyal.

Artem is the biggest suck up in the history of MMA, he makes Rogan seem shy

Lol @ MMA being the biggest sport in Russia right now, Soccer is way bigger, so is hockey, boxing, tennis

Most ppl in Russia have never heard of the UFC, there is very little presense

That shit is on at like 5am on a sunday

Everything Conor touches turns into gold. Marcus Brimage, Brandao or Poirer are probably globally more known than Mighty Mouse. Millions have seen Conor highlights, while only several thousands have seen MM fight.

Khabib could become something like Diaz, popular and a draw when against Conor, but not that popular by himself.

lol mm has pulled a million plus viewers before, you're out of your mind.

Khabib is a free tv fighter
Sadly, if he could just fight once or twice a year, he would be very popular by now. He should have gotten the title after he beat RDA and beat Pettis. But, he lost multiple McGregor pay days and there is no sign of him going the title. Lee or Ferguson will be before him and get an auto TS winning the interim, while Khabib, in the other hand, has no sign of fighting until next year.

The guy has been the biggest let down imaginable and hasn't even lost. And, I guarantee you that Conor ain't gonna fight him unless he shows that he can show up. Imagine scheduling the cherry popping Russia show with Conor Khabib and Khabib pulls out?? Who steps in? Artem?

Hey Artem, I wonder how your people feel about you being a dirty yellow traitor.

<{hfved}>

Too bad Kabob isn't a very well known commodity in the USA.

Is he retarded?

Khabib is famous in Russia since a long time, and his father is also very very wealthy.

Back