Artem Lobov gives back Michael Johnson's purse money

Crom Cruach

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Artem Lobov gave back the 20% of the purse that Michael Johnson was fined by the commission for missing weight.

Said it was out of respect for The Menace taking the short notice fight and trying to make the weight despite only having 3 weeks.

Say what you want about his GOAT status (undisputed) but that's what a true fighter should be. I'm surprised we haven't had 9 pages of hate on it. Hespect to the short armed one.

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/11/ufc-artem-lobov-keeps-word-pays-michael-johnson-fine-money

OKqKy87.png

That is a classy move by Lobov.

Still doesn't belong in the UFC.

In situations like this, I don't know why they don't just make them catch weight fights. I mean it's not like they are contender fights, or title fights. There's basically nothing on the line.

Another article I read said Johnson cut 30lbs to make the scale for Artem and only missed weight by 1lb.

That is truly a man who Eats His Shit Whole.

Woodley did this after Kelvin binged on Taco Bell and missed weight.

Artem is an legend. Learned from Tyron.

"Lobov would give you his last euro.."'

Kavabum was right

Another article I read said Johnson cut 30lbs to make the scale for Artem and only missed weight by 1lb.

That is truly a man who Eats His Shit Whole.

Ha ha ha funniest comment I've read in an age!

I respect Artem for taking the fights n for this. Maybe his blind loyalty to his boys is somewhat admirable especially since most folks now have no idea what loyalty is.

With that said, its sad they cant pay DJ like 500k more for a fight vs TJ but pay guys like Artem money to fight at all. For an org thats supposed to be full of only the best they sure did mess this one up.

In situations like this, I don't know why they don't just make them catch weight fights. I mean it's not like they are contender fights, or title fights. There's basically nothing on the line.
I think that if it happened that way then there would even be less incentive for fighters to make weight. Lower ranked fighters would miss all the time in hopes their opponent tried harder than they did because they knew it would just be a catchweight with no penalty.

As bad as I wanna hate him because of his love for Conor, I just can't!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back