Arrests in 2015-2017 per EU member state and affilation and trends from 2011-2017 (source Europol)

Son of Jamin

Make MMA Great Again
@Silver
Reaction score
DrrNlUkX0AER11k.jpg

Key observations:

* 62 times more arrests of Jihadists compared to right-wing extremists.
* Total arrests of Jihadists are 179% higher than all other groups together.

Trend from 2011-2015

The number of arrests of Jihadists has increased with 463%
jihadism_arrests.png

Link to report for 2015
https://www.europol.europa.eu/sites/.../europol_tesat_2016.pdf
Link to report for 2016
https://www.europol.europa.eu/newsr...ted-attacks-1002-arrests-and-142-victims-died

Important findings and trends:
DruHsCcXcAA3y4i.jpg

The political discussions regarding these types of threats are highly politicized and it is therefore crucial to look at the stats to see what is really going on.

I wonder about more recent figures. I would assume both the Jihadist figures and the right-wing figures have gone up.

I wonder about more recent figures. I would assume both the Jihadist figures and the right-wing figures have gone up.

I think that's a reasonable assumption , interesting that the UK is 'only' third for arrests I would have thought we'd be number one between Jihadis,Loyalist / Nationalists and random nutters .

Not everybody likes stats but I love stats because they tell you the statistics that non stats don't bother to.

I think that's a reasonable assumption , interesting that the UK is 'only' third for arrests I would have thought we'd be number one between Jihadis,Loyalist / Nationalists and random nutters .
According to the stats for 2017

Total arrests:

Jihadists: 705
Left-wing: 36
Right-wing: 20
Separatists: 30

Page 55
https://www.europol.europa.eu/sites/default/files/documents/tesat_2018_1.pdf

But but but white people are the greatest threat........

You also got to take into account the population % of these people, which skews the numbers even further. It's like 200x more likely for an arrest to be a Jihadi than any other form of terrorism (and I think we can safely assume the backgrounds of the people with those numbers).

DrrNlUkX0AER11k.jpg

Key observations:

Trend from 2011-2015

jihadism_arrests.png

Link to report for 2015
Link to report for 2016
https://www.europol.europa.eu/newsr...ted-attacks-1002-arrests-and-142-victims-died

DruHsCcXcAA3y4i.jpg

The political discussions regarding these types of threats are highly politicized and it is therefore crucial to look at the stats to see what is really going on.

Do you know by any chance how they determine what a terrorist arrest is?
Because the number for right/left wing terrorist in Germany seems very low.
In fact, the Jihadist number seems very low as well.

DrrNlUkX0AER11k.jpg

Key observations:

Trend from 2011-2015

jihadism_arrests.png

Link to report for 2015
Link to report for 2016

DruHsCcXcAA3y4i.jpg

My takeaway?
1. Austria has a real separatism problem.
2. Sweden is underreporting.

Just thought I'd add some figures regarding terrorism and terrorist related arrests made in the UK between March 2017 and March 2018 under the Terrorism Act 2000.

There were also increases in the number of arrests for terrorist-related activity across all ethnic groups, except for those in the Black ethnic group, which decreased by 2, to 44 arrests. The largest
increase was seen for those of Asian ethnic appearance, which increased by 11% since the previous
year (from 162 arrests to 180 arrests). This is the largest number of arrests of Asian people in a financial year since the data collection began.

I think we can safely assume the vast majority (if not all) of those "asian" arrests are made in regards to Islamic terrorism/terrorist activity.

The number of persons in custody for terrorism-related offences has been growing. As at 31 March 2018, there were 228 persons in custody in Great Britain, a 27% increase (up by 48, from 180 in the
previous year). This was the highest number in custody for terrorism-related offences since the data collection began in April 2009. Of those in custody as at 31 March 2018, the majority (82%) were categorised as holding Islamist extremist views. A further 13% were categorised as holding far right-wing ideologies and 6% held beliefs related to other ideologies (which includes Northern-Ireland related groups, such as the Ulster Volunteer Force, and those individuals whose ideology is not clear).

Also, the number of Islamic extremists in police custody rose every quarter from March 2016 until December 2017, slightly falling up to March 2018.

Also for context:

Notes: 1. HM Government’s Prevent Strategy 2011 defines an ideology as a set of beliefs. An ideologue is a proponent as well as an adherent of an ideology.
2. ‘Islamist extremist’ refers to prisoners from Islamic proscribed groups who advocate, justify or glorify acts of violence (especially against civilians) or other illegal conduct to achieve fundamental changes to society.
3. ‘Far right’ refers to individuals from politically far right-wing proscribed groups such as National Action which became the first extreme right-wing group to be proscribed as a terrorist organisation in December 2016.
4. ‘Other’ refers to individuals from proscribed groups not categorised as ‘Islamist extremist’ or ‘far right-wing’.

These numbers make a mockery of recent stories we've seen in the UK fear mongering about the "resurgence" of the Far Right. The fact is, the "far right" and their affiliate groups are child's play in comparison to the amount of Islamic extremists we have walking amongst us, and residing in our prisons.

Take care of the Islamic Jihad problem and the Far right problem goes away over night.

https://assets.publishing.service.g.../police-powers-terrorism-mar2018-hosb0918.pdf

Total arrests of Jihadists are 179% higher than all other groups together.

and to think we have people on this forum that deny immigrants are also over represented in other crimes.

Literally no positives. Low employment, high crime. "Taxing Mohammeds janitor job will pay for pensions!" We will see in the future, leftists will have the audacity to insist they bring their family over because "muh human rights".

and to think we have people on this forum that deny immigrants are also over represented in other crimes.

Literally no positives. Low employment, high crime. "Taxing Mohammeds janitor job will pay for pensions!" We will see in the future, leftists will have the audacity to insist they bring their family over because "muh human rights".
Indeed and as @WhitebeltXL wrote, why is it that the "far right and their affiliate groups" are painted as the worst threat to European society?

It is because their world view collides with the left wing's world view. Islamic terrorism isn't a big deal because it doesn't challenge the multicultural experiment and lax immigration, something many on the right oppose. To make an analogy, why is it that everyone from the Swedish foreign minister to reporters feel the need to attack Jordan B Peterson? It is because his reasoning goes against their socially constructed hierarchies and his 12 rules are the epitome of conservatism. Everyone that challenges the left's- and social liberal's world view must be ostracized and publicly shamed. The same goes for the right.

europeans need to get their right wings arrests up to combat all these jihadi arrests.

We should definitely let more of these future cancer researchers into our country just like Europe.

It's definitely interesting to see how low the reported number of right-wing arrests is. I assumed it would have been considerably higher even though I don't really hear about right-wing political violence in the EU very often. Maybe the media/popular opinion has played a role in that assumption?

It's definitely interesting to see how low the reported number of right-wing arrests is. I assumed it would have been considerably higher even though I don't really hear about right-wing political violence in the EU very often. Maybe the media/popular opinion has played a role in that assumption?
Media plays a huge role in this.

To give you an example, there was an election in Sweden in September. Media wrote daily on the threat of a Nazi surge and how Sweden were under an attack. They received a whopping 0.03% of the votes, that is 2106 votes in total.

Media portrays them as this big and dangerous group, which actually emboldens the Nazis because it's the perfect PR-campaign for them. If media only reported about them when there is something newsworthy, they would slowly wither away in obscurity.

The Swedish Security Service says time after time that it's Jihadists and the Left-wing extremists that are the biggest threat to the government but media spins it and changes the narrative to Nazis.

So leftist are actually more criminal than right-wingers. Weird, I’ve been told the opposite over and over.
There are much more right-wing domestic terrorist incidents in the US than left wing according to our stats. However, Europe leans considerably more to the left and there are cultural and demographic differences which skew the stats.

In France we have between 5% and 10% of the population who's "originally" from north africa. Most of them borned in France, so they're not immigrants.
99% of them are coming from high criminality zones, ghettos to simplify.
The thing who's disturbing and most of "anti Islam" muricans don't understand/know it, is that if you study the history of Europeans jihadist they are all ex thugs, who did drugs dealing, car jacking, robbery etc ...
On an other hand, if you look at salafists, who are the real Muslim zealots/integrist very few of them are involved in terror attacks or "normal" crimes.
The funny part is, the ex thugs jihadist from France are/were more embrassing an American thug/ghetto/hip hop/2pac culture than a Muslim one.
You're welcome.
Je vous en prie chers amis.

Back