Aron Pico lack of Chin

BringCodyBack

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
The kid has to fight calm and collected. Hopefully he will move forward and learn from this experience.

I still believe he could become a world beater.

still have high hopes for the kid. Hopefully that first fight gets rid of the jitters, even if it was a short and sort of devastating loss.

no chin, no heart, no respect for opponents

Ya a true world beater on the rise, IMO he needs to forget about facing cans and should just rematch Freeman

Classic super athletic guy with all the help and training in the world, however he fights super robotic with no thought process to his attack and paid for it big time.

Can't tell if he has a bad chin or not yet but he's definitely got the head structure of someone with a bad chin.

Ya a true world beater on the rise, IMO he needs to forget about facing cans and should just rematch Freeman
He needs like 3 cans before a rematch

Believed in his own hype.

The worst thing that can happen to a fighter.

He fought stupid and that is all. He wanted to run through his opponent and that is not how MMA works.

This guy is an amazing prospect and a future world beater so they should just feed him cans so that he doesn't lose again. I mean we all know how good he is, why should he need to prove it by beating decent opponents?

The guy just got over whelmed.

I'll save my judgement until I see him fight a few times. Seems to have the base set of tools that should lead to success.

Believed in his own hype.

The worst thing that can happen to a fighter.
Yup worst thing a fighter can do is believe in their self. Just take a look at what it did to Conor

Well, if he gets knocked out quick in his next fight than yeah maybe. But I dont wanna say he doesn't have a chin yet

No. He just got put in there against someone he had no business being in the cage with. Dumbass match making.

He needed to be in there with a Mike Jackson, someone he can hone his skills against, not a 10 fight vet with 9 fucking wins. That's asking for death

that was a grandma's house uppercut though

Jacare got KO'd in his pro debut and was able to rebound. Pico can as well. I'm a little skeptical about his management, they should have had him fight a guy who was 2-0, 1-1, 1-0 for the pro debut.

Classic super athletic guy with all the help and training in the world, however he fights super robotic with no thought process to his attack and paid for it big time.

Can't tell if he has a bad chin or not yet but he's definitely got the head structure of someone with a bad chin.
Robotic can be a problem you inherit from doing things from the time you are a kid. Jon Jones started striking in his 20's, but owing to that free mindset, he was able to become a super creative kick boxer tho he did so many things technically wrong. Another example is Sergio Martinez, who started boxing in his 20's and then went on to be a many time champ, roasting and embarrassing boxers that were boxing since they were in diapers.

Often being a child prodigy can hurt you way more than help. I think Pico is another Sage + Todd Marinovich type, where all these pressures were put on him at such a young age that he became robotic and could not enjoy himself, be free, creative and thus successful.

Jacare got KO'd in his pro debut and was able to rebound. Pico can as well. I'm a little skeptical about his management, they should have had him fight a guy who was 2-0, 1-1, 1-0 for the pro debut.

But Jacare wasn't no Golden Gloves boxer and national champion youth boxer. If Jacare got tapped in his debut, then you could find equivalent.

Child prodigies always get fucked up. This kid was essentially molded, pressured into being a certain way, and you can't do that with fighting.

Back