Arnold Sports Festival 2016 Fighter Appearances

browng210

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
The Arnold is just a few short weeks away in Columbus Ohio, and it has always had a gaggle of popular MMA/UFC fighters. The Arnold website does a crappy job of saying who is making appearances and where... So if you go and are in the know post the appearances!

I know Urijah Faber will be at the Torque booth, Forrest Griffin was there last year as well.

Felice Herrig is usually at the AllMax booth, don't know for 2016.

Randy Couture is confirmed for 2016 doing a seminar of some sort.

Dustin Porier, Tecia Torres, Ashlee Evans-Smith at Headrush booth.

Torque booth:
Cody Garbrandt Friday-Saturday 10-2
Anthony Johnson Friday-Saturday 2-5
Urijah Faber Saturday 12-4

Get your $62 T-shirt signed by Randy Couture at the Affliction booth

Get your $62 T-shirt signed by Randy Couture at the Affliction booth

Tried to get a pic with Randy last year only to get to the front of the line and figure out I had to get a fucking Affliction shirt in order to do so -_-. Wasn't worth it as I didn't have too much money to spend. Thankfully Forrest Griffin and Dustin Poiriers booth weren't greedy so I was able to get pics with them and plus Torque and Headrush are better quality clothing apparels imo than Affliction/Xtreme Couture.

Oh wow that's rough, 2 years ago I walked right up to Cain at the BSN booth. There was no line and all the muscle heads were oblivious, I thought I skipped the line but nobody knew he was going to be there and word hadn't spread yet. Randy walked right by me last year, I didn't say anything because 3 hours signing pictures for people has to be torture, the guy deserved to walk to his room in peace haha. Forrest was really cool last year.

Dillishaw at MusclePharm Sat 12-3
Matt Brown MusclePharm Fri 12-3
Royce Gracie also at Affliction

Out of the fighters I've met at the Arnold over the last few years Urijah was by far the coolest

Well, Friday was the day to be there this year... Saturday Jon Jones' line was 2 hours deep 10 minutes before he was supposed to be there so I didn't bother with it. I saw him later at UFC 196 so he must have flown to Columbus aftter the press conference Friday night and then back to Vegas Saturday afternoon for 196. Porier, Tecia Torres, and Ashlee Evans-Smith were all really accessible at the Headrush booth. I saw Royce walking around chatting with some people at the Monster Energy booth. I got to talk to Matt Brown for a couple minutes, he was pretty cool. Rumble had a long line and I was tired so I didn't get to say hey to him, the guy was being really cool to everybody from what I saw, he is intimidating, looks just like the monster he is in the cage. My wife really enjoyed Faber, imagine that... At the same time Faber was there, TJ Dillishaw was at the MusclePharm area, the wife spotted TJ walking out of the expo and I got a quiick hey how ya doing from him. It was cool to talk to Garbrandt and Ashlee Evans-Smith because I saw them fight in Pittsburgh a couple weeks ago and they both won, Evans-Smith was really pumped and probably the nicest fighter I spoke to this year.
If you've never been to the Arnold and you're within a couple hours it's pretty fun and surreal, the martial arts competitions on Saturday were a full hour late getting started, which is normal, some guy was trying to sell a body protector that looked like a pregnant belly, and they had an Aqua Bag booth, those things are really cool.
Sadly the MMA fighter appearances are way down this year compared to the past. I don't know if Reebok is to blame or UFC 196 being the same weekend, but I hope there are more fighters next year.

Arnold Sports Festival 2017 is this week. Anybody going? I know of Thug Rose, Randy Couture, Felice Herrig... Fighter appearances dwindle every year...

I saw a post from GAT about Jon Jones but I can't find it now, usually Monster has a few fighters but I haven't seen anything from then either. I'm going up early on Friday and I may go back on Sunday.

Clay Guida and Travis Browne at "Max Effort' booth

Back