Arnold Allen gets suspended sentence for xmas party brawl

TheWobbler

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Re...ded-Sentence-for-Christmas-Party-Brawl-123203

The incident occurred “when a number of parties — including one for Specsavers’ staff and another with people dressed as Oompa Loompas — took place at All Manor of Events in Henley, near Ipswich, on the night of Dec. 23 and 24.”

Allen, who was reportedly intoxicated, initially stepped in to protect his girlfriend, who was involved in an altercation with another woman. “After that you went wild,” Recorder Richard Christie QC told Allen, who reportedly was “windmilling” his left arm while his right arm was around his girlfriend.

Andrew Hayward-Farmer, the owner of All Manor of Events, reportedly attempted to break up the fight and was punched by Allen as he tried to remove the fighter’s girlfriend from the fray. Allen then kicked Hayward-Farmer’s legs out from under him as he attempted to close a gate and delivered “at least two punches to the owner.” Additionally, Allen allegedly assaulted six women as he flailed his arm during the melee.

The 23-year-old Englishman was sentenced to five months in prison for the incident, but that term was suspended for 12 months. Allen was also fined £3,250 (about $4,200) in compensation to his victims, ordered to perform 150 hours of community service and given a one-month home curfew.

“Part of your training is self-control and knowing when not to exert more force than is necessary, and that’s plainly something you have done on this occasion,” the judge told Allen. “Your whole career has been [put] on a knife-edge as a result of this.”

Allen, who trains part time at Tristar Gym in Canada, could face travel restrictions as a result of the conviction. Richard Conley, Allen’s lawyer, claimed that the fighter didn’t handle alcohol well that night because he usually does not drink during his training.

When I heard him saying on the MMA hour he won't let his mum come to the fights because she starts fights with people.. made me think they're a little rough round the edges

Y29tqc1.gif

I had to google him and still came up with this question- who?

When I heard him saying on the MMA hour he won't let his mum come to the fights because she starts fights with people.. made me think they're a little rough round the edges
In America we call those people trash.

I had to google him and still came up with this question- who?

Casual fan yeah?
Stick with the sport dude, we're In a bit of a quiet period but it will pick up,
International fight week is always a good time and it's coming up

Future title contender.

Casual fan yeah?
Stick with the sport dude, we're In a bit of a quiet period but it will pick up,
International fight week is always a good time and it's coming up
Man I used to consider myself a die hard fan when UFC was all about fighting and left all the politics aside. I'm trying to keep up homie

Man I used to consider myself a die hard fan when UFC was all about fighting and left all the politics aside. I'm trying to keep up homie

Was just being a sarcastic prick dude I only know about Allen because he's a UK fighter otherwise I'd be saying who as well

Was just being a sarcastic prick dude I only know about Allen because he's a UK fighter otherwise I'd be saying who as well
No worries bro. Usually there's some people that actually think their sherdog belts reflect how badass they are up in here

I just read this on his Wikipedia entry and was surprised that I never heard about it.

How the fuck was an active UFC fighter getting sentenced for assaulting six women dressed as Oompa Loompas at a Christmas party not a bigger story?

Bryce Mitchell drilling his ballsack in half made international headlines. The Arnold Allen story seems like it would at least be TMZ-worthy.

ETA This sport is one of the biggest clown shows on earth.

Arnold Allen gets suspended sentence for xmas party brawl

ZestyUnrealisticAdder-small.gif

Back