arm triangle gable or s grip?

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
what do you think is tighter works better? i feel tis easier to get my elbow and grip parallel with an s grip and walk clockwise to finish but i wonder if gable is tighter since the grip has less space

so which grip do you prefer? larger guys with big necks will usually tap with even a rnc grip but smaller guys with tiny necks who "answer the phone" takes a good 10 to 15 seconds before i can get them to tap

Gable. I personally like it best with a rear naked grip/hold

id why but gable just doesnt feel right for me i have a weird body type very wide shoulders but short arms its hard to gable and keep my arms parallel with my elbow while moving upwards to keep it tight

S-grip with the choking arm palm-up is my jam, lets me pull it tighter and get my elbow post further away with the same motion.

Gable for me.

However on arm triangles I’m a big believer in the grip not being super important as long as it’s hand to hand. Whatever works for you. What I’m not a big fan of is figure four grips for them.

I usually go for an s-grip. It is just a little bit easier for me.

Neither; gift wrap grip is the strongest :^)

i dont know why but i have a high % rate of finish and i use the RnC type grip. It just feels natural to me.

my fingers are so messed up that an S grip isnt going to ever be my first option.

arm triangles a sub i never really used and did when i learnt it was back in 2007 back then it was taught with a rnc grip which basically just neck cranks so for years is aid forget it then i saw guys doing with s grip or gable and i had more success with it but i wana make sure i get the proper grip so the arm thats choking you prefer to be on bottom?

i dont know why but i have a high % rate of finish and i use the RnC type grip. It just feels natural to me.

my fingers are so messed up that an S grip isnt going to ever be my first option.

i feel the rnc cranks guys more it finishes fat guys with super thick encks but slinnier guys with smaller necks it just cranks more i always want to have my subs be so tight it will finish guys in a mma fight who are only gonna tap if they know they are going to sleep if it cranks guys arnt gonna tap in competition in the gym 50% of taps wouldnt usually happen in comps cause guys will tap early on lots of subs to avoid injury which is smart but i think that sometimes screws people up

I do the arm triangle one handed in training often to make sure it's a choke a not a crappy crank.

Gable for me.

However on arm triangles I’m a big believer in the grip not being super important as long as it’s hand to hand. Whatever works for you. What I’m not a big fan of is figure four grips for them.

same here... figure 4 sucks.

}

what do you think is tighter works better? i feel tis easier to get my elbow and grip parallel with an s grip and walk clockwise to finish but i wonder if gable is tighter since the grip has less space

so which grip do you prefer? larger guys with big necks will usually tap with even a rnc grip but smaller guys with tiny necks who "answer the phone" takes a good 10 to 15 seconds before i can get them to tap

Gable grip al the way.

Gable grip is the strongest grip there, but anyways, dont worry about your grip, its your positioning what matters...

it can be effectve, is not efficient though.

S grip sucks.

i feel the rnc cranks guys more it finishes fat guys with super thick encks but slinnier guys with smaller necks it just cranks more i always want to have my subs be so tight it will finish guys in a mma fight who are only gonna tap if they know they are going to sleep if it cranks guys arnt gonna tap in competition in the gym 50% of taps wouldnt usually happen in comps cause guys will tap early on lots of subs to avoid injury which is smart but i think that sometimes screws people up

pretty much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back