Arm Drag Defense?

S

Stively

so i am a white belt and today i was rollin with a purple belt of 3 years. i was holding my own most of the time but he had one hell of an armdrag. he was dragging my right arm from bottom butterfly /open guard. the only defense i know is to grab onto his gi pants as soon as i feel both of his hands on my right arm. is there another way to defend that is more efficient because i often find myself trying to pass and not fully aware of where my hand is at (to grab his pants). ideas?

granby roll when he armdrags you. GO to some wrestling websites to look up a granby roll if you don't know what it is.

when he hits the drag you just roll across the shoulders you can end up on top depending on how your opponent moves.

ha u fucker...i was reading this thinking "damn..that sounds familiar...my friend had that problem today" check out that thread i just made about that says "good ish" josh...your armbar defense is no more you short armed, 35" bicep fool"

the grandby roll? i dont really know much wrestling...but how would that video work from an armdrag from open guard/butterfly/guard? or am i missing something

yeah i agree with neely. i love that you're giving feedback but how will that work into my situation??

it is hard to explain how the granby would work, when your opponent hits the drag, just go with it and roll across the tops of your shoulders, it is much easier to demonstrate than to explain, it is very simple and very effective.

NeelyWCU said:
the grandby roll? i dont really know much wrestling...but how would that video work from an armdrag from open guard/butterfly/guard? or am i missing something
like he's got ahold of your right arm, you rotate your shoulders with the arm drag and flip over to the right side so you have side control, with your back on his chest.

Arm drag defense from closed guard : post up your leg on the side of your arm being arm dragged, this will prevent him for taking your back.

From open guard : use his pulling momentum to jump over his leg. If you know he likes armdragging just bait him with your arm and be prepared.

if its from open guard, i'll try to backstep into a half guard or even side mount. if they are dragging your right arm, backstep with your left leg.

Back