Arizona Super Heat Temps Average 100 Degrees Tops 120 Degrees A Problem?

It is hot as balls here, and I really hate Phoenix.

Climate change or aberrant weather, when you have to shut down schools and businesses due to heat, that is fuckin hot.

And flights getting cancelled.

Arizona already known for being hot is now experiencing record breaking temps. These are going on weeks at a time. Is this a sign of climate change?
Historic high's over 120 degrees could this be caused by radical shifts in weather patterns caused by climate change.

Hey Inofe were the snowball at to cool off Arizona. :)

Yes climates do change, the end.

If it hits 100 in both places, NYC will be worse. The buildings, the streets, the cars. All the heat trapped within the city. The humidity.

Regardless. Unless your a landscaper. It shouldn't bother you for your 30 second walk to your air conditioned car to drive to your air conditioned work.

Nothing is more annoying to hear someone from Arizona talk about heat like we all don't have the same fucking Sun.
100° in Arizona vs. 100° in NYC-- NYC will be worse.
100° in Seattle vs. 100° in NYC-- Seattle will be worse.

90° in NYC vs. 110° in Arizona-- Arizona is worse.
90° in Seattle vs. 110° in Arizona-- I'd rather be in Seattle, not Arizona, but this one divides people who have experienced both.

It's irritating for people who have actually experienced 120 degree weather listen to softies accustomed to cool ocean breezes and mediate temperatures complain about 90 like it's sweltering. It ain't shit. People in Seattle don't know hot. I've been there and elsewhere in Washington several times during the summer.

I don't even break a sweat walking in dry 90° weather. Hell, just a few weeks ago, on the 13th, I walked nearly 21 miles through the middle of the day in Wichita; the peak temperature that day was 93°, with a mean of 84°; an average humidity of 64%, and a peak humidity of 84% . Burnt like a crab since there was no shade, and I dumbly forgot to apply sunscreen. I wouldn't have made it past 10 miles where I live at 113° with no shade (and the avg humidity tends to fall in the 40's on hot summer days like this). It's just not the same. If you don't hide from a ~115° sun...it will simply destroy you.

The heat index is bullshit. I've never found anything more useless and out of step with my personal perceptions:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_index#Table_of_values
And flights getting cancelled.
Seriously. Have they ever had to literally shut down flights because it "isn't safe to take off" due to the Seattle heat? I strongly doubt it. I'd be interested to know.

100° in Arizona vs. 100° in NYC-- NYC will be worse.
100° in Seattle vs. 100° in NYC-- Seattle will be worse.

90° in NYC vs. 110° in Arizona-- Arizona is worse.
90° in Seattle vs. 110° in Arizona-- I'll take Seattle, but this one divides people who have experienced both.

It's irritating for people who have actually experienced 120 degree weather listen to softies accustomed to cool ocean breezes and mediate temperatures complain about 90 like it's sweltering. It ain't shit. People in Seattle don't know hot. I've been there and elsewhere in Washington several times during the summer.

I don't even break a sweat walking in dry 90° weather. Hell, just a few weeks ago, on the 13th, I walked nearly 21 miles through the middle of the day in Wichita; the peak temperature that day was 93°, with a mean of 84°; an average humidity of 64%, and a peak humidity of 84% . Burnt like a crab since there was no shade, and I dumbly forgot to apply sunscreen. I wouldn't have made it past 10 miles where I live at 113° with no shade (and the avg humidity tends to fall in the 40's on hot summer days like this). It's just not the same. If you don't hide from a ~115° sun...it will simply destroy you.

The heat index is bullshit. I've never found anything more useless and out of step with my personal perceptions:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_index#Table_of_values

Seriously. Have they ever had to literally shut down flights because it "isn't safe to take off" due to the Seattle heat? I strongly doubt it. I'd be interested to know.
I've lived/been to All those places.
What I'm getting at is that ppl from Arizona like to talk about the heat as if they are the only state that gets hot.
It isn't that bad in Arizona but I like that weather so maybe that's why. I like that Vegas weather when you go outside at night and it's warm.

But if you're in a different state or something and someone from Arizona comes there they'll ask you "oh how hot is it today" you could say "oh it's 94 degrees" and they will say "Oh in Phoenix or in Arizona it's 98" like it's some sort of competition or something.

I doubt it as well.

An example to those that don't understand leaving a car outside and the getting into it.

What I'm getting at is that ppl from Arizona like to talk about the heat as if they are the only state that gets hot.
It isn't that bad in Arizona but I like that weather so maybe that's why. I like that Vegas weather when you go outside at night and it's warm.

Really? Imo hot at night or morning sucks, it's dark out and will still be over 100. Almost 2am and my phone says it's 93. Low was 90 a few days ago, not a fan of that. At least days that it's around 100-105 you'll get some mid-high 70's.

Really? Imo hot at night or morning sucks, it's dark out and will still be over 100. Almost 2am and my phone says it's 93. Low was 90 a few days ago, not a fan of that. At least days that it's around 100-105 you'll get some mid-high 70's.
In Tacoma WA it's 62 Right now.
97 yesterday. Late 70s early 80s for the rest of the week.
That's perfect weather

How warm do you like it at night? Idk just walking outside when it's dark while it's still 95-100+ sucks imo.

I was about to talk about night heat even in Dubai for example hits 110 degrees during the day but at night drops to around 70 to 85. Your seeing even hotter temps at night then Dubai crazy.

They spend a lot of time doing business at night.

Nobody is complaining about warm, dry nights. This is about the the inescapable Eye of Sauron at its mighty peak:

sweltering-sun2.jpg

But if you're in a different state or something and someone from Arizona comes there they'll ask you "oh how hot is it today" you could say "oh it's 94 degrees" and they will say "Oh in Phoenix or in Arizona it's 98" like it's some sort of competition or something.
That's where I pull the California skeleton geographical alpha card; in this case, I remind Arizonans how pussy Phoenix is compared to Death Valley.

But, the thing is...nobody really lives in Death Valley. That's why it's called Death Valley. So, yeah, Arizona is damn hot. They earn some bragging rights when it comes to standing up to the sun.

It's been unseasonably cool here in Ontario. It's 55 right now with a high this week of 78 expected.... I like summer heat personally. The only upside to this is that it makes late summer fishing better....

concentrating on letting phytoplankton and dense forests regrow should be the main focus.

How can we let forests regrow? Those lumberjacks need jobs NOW.

Isn't that the argument I've seen here when discussing how we should focus on new industries for people in the coal industry? Instead of slashing regulations that had to be put in place for a reason.

Back