Arizona Super Heat Temps Average 100 Degrees Tops 120 Degrees A Problem?

What? This shit makes no sense............
i live in the literal hottest region of the entire US and one of the top four hottest regions in the world

Yet the record high is supposedly from 1961.....

IOW it being hot in the Arizona desert is not a correlation w/ climate change, it absolutely is not a direct result by causation....

i live in the literal hottest region of the entire US and one of the top four hottest regions in the world

Yet the record high is supposedly from 1961.....

IOW it being hot in the Arizona desert is not a correlation w/ climate change, it absolutely is not a direct result by causation....

Explain your last post, which made no sense.

Explain your last post, which made no sense.
how long have we been truly accurately able to predict temperature?

how long have we been using carbon emitting machinery?

30+ years is a significant chunk of that timeline, and as I said the record high in my region is from 1961.....
IOW, sure it's 109-118 (depending on where in the city) here today, but that's not abnormal for a desert (like phoenix) and the average high for June here is 104-111

if it's 110 in Montana, then ya we clearly have a problem
edit: record, not predict in the first sentence. my bad

how long have we been truly accurately able to predict temperature?

how long have we been using carbon emitting machinery?

30+ years is a significant chunk of that timeline, and as I said the record high in my region is from 1961.....
IOW, sure it's 109-118 (depending on where in the city) here today, but that's not abnormal for a desert (like phoenix) and the average high for June here is 104-111

if it's 110 in Montana, then ya we clearly have a problem
edit: record, not predict in the first sentence. my bad

Scientists have had extremely reliable methods of checking past temperatures, carbon levels, etc etc for the better part of a century. How long we have had them does not matter. We dont start the date of analysis at the moment the technology arrives. Scientists are viewing analysis and information based upon models of 10s of thousands of years. 30 years is nothing, geologically.

It's still not as hot here in NorCal as it got in the late 70's, and then again in '88, so it's not like this is unprecedented.

Don't think it's so severe yet we can attribute record-breaking waves for any given month to Climate Change. That delta temps seem to only show up as a 1-2 degree shift over the past 100 years.

Over the past 1000 years we've experienced alternating warm and cold periods. 1000 years ago was the start of the medieval warm period. 500 years ago was the start of the little ice age. We're presently experiencing another warm period. I don't doubt that the extremity of our present warm period is influenced by manmade factors, but I also believe our role may be a bit exaggerated as well as the potential ramifications. Unfortunately EVERYTHING has become so politicized that it's harder to tell exactly.

It's still not as hot here in NorCal as it got in the late 70's, and then again in '88, so it's not like this is unprecedented.

Don't think it's so severe yet we can attribute record-breaking waves for any given month to Climate Change. That delta temps seem to only show up as a 1-2 degree shift over the past 100 years.
Yeah, but how can anyone make money from it? That's the real question.

What is the humidity? Two years ago I went to Calexico/Mexicali, and it was 116F, but no humidity. I is not too bad. If I stand in shade I was good.
93 degrees in Seattle is worse than 110 in Arizona.

Dry heat ain't shit

walked doggy at 5am, as soon as the sun came up. Still too hot to walk a dog (97 degrees).

I live in the Mojave Desert, it's been 115+ every day since Monday...

I'm 33, and it's been like that out here since i can remember, surely global warming is the cause, amirite?

Pumping CO2 into the air has an effect.

What is hard to understand about this?

concentrating on letting phytoplankton and dense forests regrow should be the main focus.

Due to confirmation bias, any weather related anomaly can be linked to global warming.

Whether it is true or not, makes no difference.

Change weather related to any subject and global warming to globalists and you have the staple IDL answer to any question ever.

Agree I don't think people understand my post. I think that a small shift in temperature can cause even greater shifts in the environment.

2 degree shift can cause weather patterns to change causing droughts in areas that are historical hot but not dry.

Causes more dramatic weather like floods and rising water levels. Rises temperature in hot areas by shifting weather to cause walls to keep warmer temperatures to hang around longer.

There is more to factor then just a 2 degree shift in fact in some areas of anartica have recorded a higher shift then 2 degrees. They have been seeing a more worrisome jump in temperature.

Point being that 2 degree shift can be more destructive then just the number. Famous last words "what could a few degrees do!"

Agree I don't think people understand my post. I think that a small shift in temperature can cause even greater shifts in the environment.

2 degree shift can cause weather patterns to change causing droughts in areas that are historical hot but not dry.

Causes more dramatic weather like floods and rising water levels. Rises temperature in hot areas by shifting weather to cause walls to keep warmer temperatures to hang around longer.

There is more to factor then just a 2 degree shift in fact in some areas of anartica have recorded a higher shift then 2 degrees. They have been seeing a more worrisome jump in temperature.

Point being that 2 degree shift can be more destructive then just the number. Famous last words "what could a few degrees do!"

That assertion is not "economically viable" you idiot.

For earths 4+billion time frame and we are breaking records crazy!! Before man it never changed all those damn cow farts and fires from caveman caused the ice age and now we are causing another epic weather change. Wake up humans .... so how far does the records go back like 150 years ? Not much of a record considered the scale it's against 4 billion years worth

Back