Ariel Phenomenon - Upcoming UFO/alien visitation documentary, Dan Aykroyd involved

I was with a friend and we were driving from SLC Utah to Las Vegas for a Grateful Dead concert. (Neither of us do any drugs by the way) We were on I15 Near a town called Scipio and my friend said "OH my God- there is a UFO"! I looked up and above us maybe only 200 or 300 ft above us was a circular craft pacing us. It had orange paneled lights all around the circumference of the object.

I was elated and immediately hit the brakes to stop and get out of the car. For me, my instant reaction was sheer excitement to be seeing this! (I had not read or heard anything negative about UFO's at that pre internet time. My friend Rene however freaked out in a way that is difficult to describe. I actually worried for her well being she was so frightened so I sped up and kept going. I did not see this but she saw the craft move behind some trees and then it was out of out sight.

When we finally talked about it she said that when she was a kid she lived on an isolated farm and her parents were in town and it was dark and a craft landed in her field and beings got out and came to the house and they were shining colored lights into the house while her and her siblings were hiding behind the furniture. Then she lost time and remembered nothing till the next day and her brothers and sisters did not remember the event at all.

She had had dreams ever since where aliens would say that one day she would have to come back with them. Scary dreams, and she thought that was what was going to happen when we saw that craft.

Hmm, well that's interesting.

How long would you say the craft was in view for you? Do you think it could've been some kind of military test aircraft? Did you believe your friend's story?

Well we're talking about a phenomenon here that none of us really understand. It could be that we're dealing with a wide variety of alien races. Who knows.

This is my theory. The universe is apparently infinite, imo there would absolutely be multiple races of extraterrestrials. It just makes sense considering different atmospheres, climates, evolutionary arcs, everything really.

Hmm, well that's interesting.

How long would you say the craft was in view for you? Do you think it could've been some kind of military test aircraft? Did you believe your friend's story?

I saw the craft for only a few seconds. It looked exactly like UFO's I've seen on the internet. My take on military test craft is for that to be an option the military has to have technology that is very far ahead of the rest of the world. I do not believe they do as of right now, the kind of propulsion systems that can account for what people see are far removed from ours.

If the government has the technology to account for many of the valid sightings that are reported then I believe they got that technology from UFO's in the first place...

My friend is now a doctor of acupuncture and we have been in touch in the last few years until recently. I absolutely believe her account of what happened to her. We lost touch though in an unfortunate way which is a part of her story.

She continued to have the dreams I talked about-- which many people believe are actually continued abductions. Then she became very religious of the Christian evangelical sort and reported to me that once she accepted Christ all of those types of experiences stopped happening. The sad part is that she became SO Christian that even though I am a Christian of the contemplative variety, it was not enough for her and she kind of pulled away from me so we have lost contact...

This is my theory. The universe is apparently infinite, imo there would absolutely be multiple races of extraterrestrials. It just makes sense considering different atmospheres, climates, evolutionary arcs, everything really.

What I wonder is, if it's actually the case that there are a great many planets in the universe that are inhabited, of those planets that are similar to earth, how similar to humans are the alien inhabitants?

I feel like you just kind of proved my point. You said:

"This is always the rub from an evidence standpoint is there's really not much to go on. The kids say they saw something - ok. Is there any evidence to corroborate it? Footprints? Landing debris? Landing prints?"

And then I said, yes, maybe in this case. But in other cases there HAS been trace evidence left behind. And then you immediately just tried to discount that by saying, "Eh, anyone who believes this shit just wants to believe."

So as you can see, even if you are presented with this evidence you'll find some reason why it's not relevant or doesn't actually prove anything.
Confirmation bias on both sides halts any helpful discussion with these cases, usually.

But you better tag me in these type of threads in the future! I appreciate you tagging me in the ones you do, though.

I saw the craft for only a few seconds. It looked exactly like UFO's I've seen on the internet. My take on military test craft is for that to be an option the military has to have technology that is very far ahead of the rest of the world. I do not believe they do as right now, the kind of propulsion systems that can account for what people see are far removed from ours.

It's a shame you weren't able to really have time to observe the craft at length and analyze it.

She continued to have the dreams I talked about-- which many people believe are actually continued abductions. Then she became very religious of the Christian evangelical sort and reported to me that once she accepted Christ all of those types of experiences stopped happening. The sad part is that she became SO Christian that even though I am a Christian of the contemplative variety, it was not enough for her and she kind of pulled away from me so we have lost contact...

How do you define "Christian of the contemplative variety"?

Confirmation bias on both sides halts any helpful discussion with these cases, usually.

It can. I really do my best to stay right in the center, a perfect agnostic, open to anything but not willing to believe something just because I like the idea.

I do like the idea of aliens existing and coming here--at least, that is, if they're not assholes--but I'm not convinced it's the case. I just don't know.

But you better tag me in these type of threads in the future! I appreciate you tagging me in the ones you do, though.

All right bro, I didn't realize you were into alien stuff! I'll do my best to remember next time.

It's a shame you weren't able to really have time to observe the craft at length and analyze it.

How do you define "Christian of the contemplative variety"?

I agree. Like I said-- I was pulling over and totally elated to see this craft. Back then I would have gotten out and shook their hands if they would have let me. I was so excited....

Contemplative Christianity has been around since the very beginning of this religion. I think it was basically all there was until Christianity became the state religion and was swamped with way more people than qualified teachers could instruct. Nevertheless is has survived in an unbroken chain of teacher to disciple even to the present day-- in Monasteries and Convents.

Contemplative prayer is a form of prayer. On a scale from shallowest to deepest it begins with verbal prayer, internal and external, then a stage deeper is meditation which is thinking deeply and intuitively about spiritual principles and ones life, and then one stage deeper gets to contemplation which is the ability to rest in silence without thought, and notice God's presence due to the lack of noise that is drowning it out.

This is not a different religion within Christianity but really just a path within it.

Also, when I was about 7 years old, I used to sit and lay on this grassy knoll in the middle of my trailer park and look at the stars, and I saw these two stars, or what I thought were stars, move up farther, then literally shoot so fast away (I'm guessing outwards from our planet) that they disappeared in about a second.

One time when I was on the highway driving with my parents to have some late dinner at an Iron Skillet, some type of craft basically appeared over our car, and was bright as shit. We look through the window and saw one of the largest aircrafts I've ever seen with an arrowhead shape with lights lining the bottom of the "wings".

This shit happened, damnit.

I agree. Like I said-- I was pulling over and totally elated to see this craft. Back then I would have gotten out and shook their hands if they would have let me. I was so excited....

Contemplative Christianity has been around since the very beginning of this religion. I think it was basically all there was until Christianity became the state religion and was swamped with way more people than qualified teachers could instruct. Nevertheless is has survived in an unbroken chain of teacher to disciple even to the present day-- in Monasteries and Convents.

Contemplative prayer is a form of prayer. On a scale from shallowest to deepest it begins with verbal prayer, internal and external, then a stage deeper is meditation which is thinking deeply and intuitively about spiritual principles and ones life, and then one stage deeper gets to contemplation which is the ability to rest in silence without thought, and notice God's presence due to the lack of noise that is drowning it out.

This is not a different religion within Christianity but really just a path within it.

So what exactly did you mean by that "wasn't enough" for your friend?

Also, when I was about 7 years old, I used to sit and lay on this grassy knoll in the middle of my trailer park and look at the stars, and I saw these two stars, or what I thought were stars, move up farther, then literally shoot so fast away (I'm guessing outwards from our planet) that they disappeared in about a second.

One time when I was on the highway driving with my parents to have some late dinner at an Iron Skillet, some type of craft basically appeared over our car, and was bright as shit. We look through the window and saw one of the largest aircrafts I've ever seen with an arrowhead shape with lights lining the bottom of the "wings".

This shit happened, damnit.

What do you make of your experience?

What do you make of your experience?
I really don't know. The experience when I was 7 sparked my interest in UFOs and since then I've been very intrigued with any similar stories.

The first experience, I'm not sure how to explain that in any sort of logical way. I've seen meteors and comets, they didn't look like this. They were brighter than all the other stars in the system that night, which is why I noticed them in the first place. Then they took off. That's some other worldly shit.

The latter? Could've been a government or military craft, but why the lights? Seems silly if it's supposed to be a stealth craft, which is the only reason I can come up with it being a military aircraft.

So what exactly did you mean by that "wasn't enough" for your friend?

Wasn't Christian enough for her. The Church she was in is authentic but immature in my opinion and they tend to circle the wagons a lot and see evil "out there" but not "within their own congregation."

People are beginning to report on this problem with the evangelical community in general that they use highly specific language with very narrowly defined meanings but dont notice that. When they come across others, even other Christians, that dont use the same language or interpret scripture the same way, they instantly jump to the conclusion that the person they are dealing with isn't Christian.

I really don't know. The experience when I was 7 sparked my interest in UFOs and since then I've been very intrigued with any similar stories.

The first experience, I'm not sure how to explain that in any sort of logical way. I've seen meteors and comets, they didn't look like this. They were brighter than all the other stars in the system that night, which is why I noticed them in the first place. Then they took off. That's some other worldly shit.

The latter? Could've been a government or military craft, but why the lights? Seems silly if it's supposed to be a stealth craft, which is the only reason I can come up with it being a military aircraft.

How big was that second craft? Have you heard of the "Phoenix Lights."--- Did it resemble that craft?

I've always had an interest in this subject as well, but I've never seen anything that I couldn't explain. I hope some day that I do. It's got to be an amazing experience.

BTW, since you're into UFOs, if you're not familiar with it I would recommend this book. It's a bit dry in its presentation, but the information is incredible:

41fU5CFGorL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

How big was that second craft? Have you heard of the "Phoenix Lights."--- Did it resemble that craft?
It was quite big, and yes, it did actually resemble those lights. At least 75 to maybe 100 feet in length.

It was quite big, and yes, it did actually resemble those lights. At least 75 to maybe 100 feet in length.

I think that is really neat man. It changes things in a big way to see something like that, really opens your mind....

I think that is really neat man. It changes things in a big way to see something like that, really opens your mind....
Yes, it definitely does. It's unfortunate when other people discount your own experiences, but as the old adage goes, seeing really is believing.

Yes, it definitely does. It's unfortunate when other people discount your own experiences, but as the old adage goes, seeing really is believing.

Yes. I have had to learn not to care at all of someone believes me and others or not. Knowing does make conversations about weather or not they exist interesting-- just to see how people think.

Wasn't Christian enough for her. The Church she was in is authentic but immature in my opinion and they tend to circle the wagons a lot and see evil "out there" but not "within their own congregation."

People are beginning to report on this problem with the evangelical community in general that they use highly specific language with very narrowly defined meanings but dont notice that. When they come across others, even other Christians, that dont use the same language or interpret scripture the same way, they instantly jump to the conclusion that the person they are dealing with isn't Christian.

Hmm, interesting. I do have a bit of experience with Christians who have pretty rigid ideas about what makes one a Christian or not.

What is her idea of "Christian enough"? Also, would she consider Catholics to be Christians?

Back