Ariel Phenomenon - Upcoming UFO/alien visitation documentary, Dan Aykroyd involved | Page 3

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by shadow_priest_x, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Son of Jamin Make MMA Great Again

Son of Jamin
    Well, there have been many cases of mass hysteria and peer pressure leading many children to testify to something that were not correct (e.g. Little Rascals day care sexual abuse trial).

Another example: Children hunting vampire...

It took one word to set the kids off and make many of them to believe they saw a vampire.

MusterX likes this.
  2. sloppypie Purple Belt

sloppypie
    This is always the rub from an evidence standpoint is there's really not much to go on. The kids say they saw something - ok. Is there any evidence to corroborate it? Footprints? Landing debris? Landing prints? Video evidence?

So then there's no corroborating evidence, and conspiracy people say from this vantage point ok, explain what happened, as though it's that easy. It's an incredibly annoying argument bc they are the ones making a conclusion it's aliens. I've had this argument with people on ghosts too.

Sure, it's a possibility. But eye witness evidence is very often the least reliable, especially in terms of a scientific explanation. 60 kids probably did see something, but I'm not convinced it's aliens. People misidentify things all the time and since culturally aliens are popular, it's always what people assume something is that they don't know what they are seeing.

3. revoltub blackwater Belt

revoltub
    Kids have influence over other kids. Some kid may have had a big imagination and the other kids just followed along.

maybe the kids were all just playing an elaborate joke and wanted to add aliens.

4. MusterX Steel Belt

MusterX
    Yes I am aware of what is known as mass hysteria. I'm not sure this is though. The reason why is because prior to being interviewed, before anyone "put anything in their head", they were frightened enough to cry and scream and run to the teachers explaining they had seen something they couldn't explain. So they made the claim prior to any sort of subtle prodding from an adult. So I dunno. I admit I have no idea what happened that day...

[​IMG]

Son of Jamin likes this.
  5. MusterX Steel Belt

MusterX
    People don't believe video evidence either. We have mountains of videos, apparently they are all fake. Its one of those things where unless a person sees it for himself he can't believe it but then you are right back to eye witness testimony. My question for you is what did they see that they falsely identified as a metallic saucer shaped craft with little men around it in this environment?

[​IMG]

Malvo and JudasAnthony like this.
  6. sloppypie Purple Belt

sloppypie
    I don't know, and the average adult doesn't know what they see half the time either. To assume they saw aliens though, knowing how unreliable eye witness evidence is and how in just about every instance it's incorrect in its conclusion, it's safe to say what they saw was very likely not aliens landing on earth.

And yes, video evidence is fake 99.9% of the time. But at the very least it would help corroborate what happened.

And corroboration is everything. The more evidence the better. 60 kids thinking they saw aliens, without anything to back it up, isn't exactly the most credible story to prove aliens.

7. franklinstower Blue Belt

franklinstower
    I am unaware of such a propulsion system. Can you provide a link for it?

8. franklinstower Blue Belt

franklinstower

I feel like if peoples eye witness accounts were as unreliable as they would have to be in order to misidentify thousands of experiences, many of which go on for ten minutes or more and involve interaction with beings from these crafts, we would have gone extinct a long time ago.

The degree and magnitude of the unreliability that would account for all of this would be terminal.

JudasAnthony likes this.
  9. shadow_priest_x Titanium Belt

shadow_priest_x
    The impression I got was that this was a fairly remote school off in the African grasslands. As Muster mentioned earlier, it probably was not uncommon to just let the kids loose during recess.

What we know though is that the teachers claim they were at a meeting. The students themselves claim the teachers were in a meeting.

I don't know why you'd just assume that aliens, if they came here, would necessarily be interested in abducting and/or killing children.

I can feel you on that one, but if you research the story you'll find that it seems the interaction with the kids was incidental, not intentional. For instance, some of the kids mentioned that the aliens didn't seem aware of their presence at first. And they didn't stick around long either.

10. shadow_priest_x Titanium Belt

shadow_priest_x
    If they weren't at a meeting, what then? Both the teachers and the kids maintain to this day that the teachers were in a meeting.

Are you saying the story was concocted by the staff and then they got the kids to go along with it? If so, you still have to deal with the extreme unlikelihood that over 60 kids, ranging in ages from 5 to 12, not only all got their story straight but that not a single child cracked under pressure to recant. Not only that, but that these kids are now adults and all the ones that we know about continue to maintain that what they they say happened really happened.

I'm not sure why you say the questions were extremely leading. I specifically noted that Mack was NOT leading the kids.

11. shadow_priest_x Titanium Belt

shadow_priest_x
    I know of no aircraft, manned or unmanned, that can maneuver like that. Remember, we're talking thousands of miles an hour.

12. shadow_priest_x Titanium Belt

shadow_priest_x
    Good quotes.

I have little doubt that something unusual happened that day. The only question is, What?

JudasAnthony and MusterX like this.
  13. shadow_priest_x Titanium Belt

shadow_priest_x
    It's interesting you bring that up because there HAS been trace evidence in certain UFO landing cases: indentations in the soil, affected (sometimes dead) vegetation in the immediate vicinity of where the landing was supposed to have taken place, and elevated levels of radioactivity.

Even when this evidence is documented, however, skeptics tend to just blow it off.

JudasAnthony likes this.
  14. shadow_priest_x Titanium Belt

shadow_priest_x
    You still have to deal with the fact that we're talking about over 60 kids, all of whom told more or less the same story, none of whom ever recanted and said it was all a lie, and some of whom still publicly talk about it today.

It's hard enough to get an adult to stick to an outlandish story without breaking under cross-examination, much less 60 children.

JudasAnthony likes this.
  15. shadow_priest_x Titanium Belt

shadow_priest_x
    If our senses were still so unreliable that "in just about every instance" they're incorrect in their conclusion, then we would be bad off indeed. We would be unable to even get through the day, because we would a have conversation with our wives thinking its our brother, we'd imagine seeing minotaurs wandering down the street, we'd mistake red lights for green ones and get into fatal car wrecks.

I mean, at the end of every day do you really doubt that most of what you think you saw that day you actually saw?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    bandicoot likes this.
  16. revoltub blackwater Belt

revoltub
    I'm always weary of any story involving greys. it seems too common of a trope and even if these kids were only 8 or so they'd have still seen tons of alien imagery by then. By the time I started school I knew what an alien looked like.

The kids also say that their "leader" was taller and had long black hair. This contradicts (to an extent) other stories where the leaders are taller and look like Mantis', others where the leaders are Norse Aliens, or others where the leaders are bugs of some sort. Or perhaps they are "androids" used by the reptilians.

Listen, Im not trying to discredit this, it's really cool, I'm just playing devils advocate.

shadow_priest_x likes this.
  17. shadow_priest_x Titanium Belt

shadow_priest_x
    Are you saying some of the kids involved with this story said this, or are you talking about what other people have claimed in other incidents?

18. revoltub blackwater Belt

revoltub
    if you don't know what you're seeing, it's different.

For example, apparently native americans had trouble making out what the European ships were as they were coming to the shore. Your brain fills in the gaps.

A lot of stories surrounding bigfoot and such are IMO the same phenomenon. someone see's a bear standing up and they panic and think it is bigfoot.

19. revoltub blackwater Belt

revoltub
    other incidents

20. shadow_priest_x Titanium Belt

shadow_priest_x
    I'm sure that's the case in many instances. But in every instance?

Are you aware of the white crow argument? Basically it states that in order to prove that not all crows are black, you don't have to prove that none of them are. You only have to find one white crow.

This can be applied to any kind of paranormal phenomena. In order for the phenomena to exist, every story doesn't have to be true. If only one story is true, it exists.

revoltub likes this.