Ariel Helwani on Mac Diaz III. "That fight is still the plan."

Trifick

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
script>

"That fight is still the plan, however, any report claiming it’s a done deal or even close to done is premature. Not close to done at all."

"At this point, clock is ticking for it to happen on 12/30. Could also happen early 2018. Still much to be finalized at this juncture."

I tried to embed the tweets, but having a hard time.

If conor is ready to fight early 2018 let him fight the winner of Ferg/Lee.

If conor is ready to fight early 2018 let him fight the winner of Ferg/Lee.

But outside of Sherdog, who really wants to see that. From a business POV, I get the decision. That got to make back that 4.4 billion and some.

But outside of Sherdog, who really wants to see that. From a business POV, I get the decision. That got to make back that 4.4 billion and some.
I have no interest in seeing McGregor fighting Diaz third time. They can fight again another yer and had or so but this sucks. That said war Diaz if it does happen

I simply don't get it. I get the interest in seing McGregor defending his belt, returning to the octagon after almost beating Mayweather (...) - but what's the deal with Diaz? I don't get it that he's a draw or the trilogy is a draw.

WHY, GOD, WHYYYY...?!

I want to see Conor fighting new opponents. And somehow I would like to see Diaz fighting new opponents, too.

Aaaannnd NEEWWWWWW

Diaz finishes Colin again.

I don't think so.

Diaz stays inactive , while Connor beat Eddie and fought May.

His boxing and cardio improved, he'll deny takedowns and beat Diaz more decisevely
if they'll fight for 3rd time.

That's amazing, Ariel.
No shit?
Not a done deal but it's inevitable?
Really?
Nobody could have figured this out without his crack reporting.
Scoop of the year

I'm assuming it would be for the 155lbs title (You don't have to do anything in a division for a shot anymore). If so, Diaz may well miss weight.

Is it a waste if it's for the belt?

Absolutely.

We have already seen the fight twice.

There are loads of other (better) contenders just chomping at the bit.

I don't give a fuck about yet another MacDiaz. Give me something else. Anything.

The interim belt is more legit than the real one. Ferg/Lee winner won't run from anyone. Sad situation.

Back