Ariel Helwani Joins ESPN, Leaves MMA Fighting company. Will also have new ESPN+ show with Chael

lol
Lets see if he is neutered by ESPN in 2019
He done it before

Ariel - 1

FrankieNYC - 0

oDyECdI.jpg

Pretty sure the press release says "“Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show” which is the MMA hour, we will see. It would have been smart of ESPN to just buy the rights off Vox or MMAFighting, whoever owns it. If its on ESPN it probably will not be 4 hours as it is now either...what other restrictions will he have?

Interesting thing is, Helwani thinks of himself as a journalist but it sounds like ESPN want a hype man...interesting times, especially if he gets to interview Dana again.

Ariel is the best host in the biz
Journalist don't create their own news

Let's see what he does at ESPN in 2019 once UFC starts airing.
When he was cashing UFC checks for Fox many on here thought he was a shill.
i thought he was pretty fair, but after he lost the Fox gig bc of Dana, he went the other way.

interesting for sure

It should be. It always starts with "a Vox Media" show, not an MMA Fighting show.

Hopefully it's unaffected
I'm hoping so! I have a Monday routine to listen every week. Makes Monday at work not so so bad lol

I'm hoping so! I have a Monday routine to listen every week. Makes Monday at work not so so bad lol

I hear ya. I think his show is one of the most underrated things in MMA, we get so many huge insights from fighters / coaches etc. on there

lol dana mad.

And why so much hate for Ariel? Him and Luke are the best in the business. Get over it shmucks.

Great news for ariel. He put in the work and got rewarded.

Dana will be forced to do sit down interviews with Ariel per the new ESPN deal

giphy.gif

Exactly what I was thinking.

Even better, Ariel can ask any questions he wants, leak any news he wants with zero reprecussions.

Going to be fun

I'm just breaking your balls because you are a Helwani hater

I know ;)

but where is your comprehension?
I am far from a hater
I say over & over he is a great host

I just think he isn't a true journalist because he instigates & creates news.

Your comprehension is better than that

But I certainly did not see ESPN hiring him once they over-paid for UFC
that is why I have a wait 7 see approach with how critical he will be in 2019

I know ;)

but where is your comprehension?
I am far from a hater
I say over & over he is a great host

I just think he isn't a true journalist because he instigates & creates news.

Your comprehension is better than that

But I certainly did not see ESPN hiring him once they over-paid for UFC
that is why I have a wait 7 see approach with how critical he will be in 2019

ariel_haters.gif

Ariel is the best host in the biz
Journalist don't create their own news

Let's see what he does at ESPN in 2019 once UFC starts airing.
When he was cashing UFC checks for Fox many on here thought he was a shill.
i thought he was pretty fair, but after he lost the Fox gig bc of Dana, he went the other way.

interesting for sure
What will happen this time?

Like for example, the UFC signs a new 'uniform' deal when Reebok runs for the hills.

Will he hop on his ESPN - UFC funded MMA podcast and deride the new deal if it looks are terrible for fighters?

He'll have to make the same choice again and he's got to decide what he is "a journalist, a podcast host or a hypeman"

Personally, I think he makes a good host, interviewer and talking head - this idea he has that he's like a serious journalist, reporting important information has harmed his career in my opinion.

Hope it all goes well for him and he's not gagged.

His audience will shrink substantially.. but his paycheck will rise significantly.

Most people have no clue who Helwani is.

Think what a colossal psycho you have to be to hate a reporter most people don't even fuckin know.

Personally, I think he makes a good host, interviewer and talking head - this idea he has that he's like a serious journalist, reporting important information has harmed his career in my opinion.

Agreed 100%
He is a great MMA personality, similar to Rogan
They both have bias/agenda, but you know that coming in

The press release seems like it is more about "host" than "journalist", but nobody will know until midway through 2019.

Chael will (of course) do whatever they want & what makes him the most money

Agreed 100%
He is a great MMA personality, similar to Rogan
They both have bias/agenda, but you know that coming in

The press release seems like it is more about "host" than "journalist", but nobody will know until midway through 2019.

Chael will (of course) do whatever they want & what makes him the most money
In chael's defense he had a hard upbringing. Some years his father Barely made six figures.

Back