Ariel Helwani Joins ESPN, Leaves MMA Fighting company. Will also have new ESPN+ show with Chael

Garbage. He was fired from Fox over 2 years ago. And there is not one instance of him being unethical that you can point to. You're parrotting UFC nonsense from their paid shills.

And Helwani was probably fired from Fox by the UFC for the Rory Macdonald interview about him looking to leave the UFC. How is that being unethical or a shill for the UFC?

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...porting-on-free-agency-unleashed-a-firestorm/
http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/ariel-helwani-opens-up-about-his-departure-from-fox.html

Imagine working for CNN and then on the side, you investigate CNN, look for gossip, have a podcast, interview rival news reporters for gossip, etc. You don't think that's a conflict of interest?

Once he got hired on at Fox, (like what ESPN is making him do), he should have stopped MMA Hour, the gossip, etc. He's trying to wear two hats. One of a legit journalist and one of a TV personality.

He even admitted himself that he had ethical problems with what he was doing and tried to justify it by his paycheck having Fox's name on it.

Ariel being exclusive to ESPN and free to report what he wants is the best possible outcome.

So mmafighting will go down the drains even more. They're hardly at any events lately and now their biggest Cash cow is gone. Won't be long before Luke Thomas completely seperates himself from mmafighting as well.

He’s a twat and nobody is watching that bullshit espn+ garbage. This new deal is a clusterfuck

So that wil be 5 minutes of program then 12 min of adverts.

ESPN went outside the org to get Ariel rather than promoting Bokamoto to the high profile spot. I suppose that says something about the eliteness of the Ariel.

So mmafighting will go down the drains even more. They're hardly at any events lately and now their biggest Cash cow is gone. Won't be long before Luke Thomas completely seperates himself from mmafighting as well.
Surely there must exist some ultra hot woman who likes to show off her cleavage who also appreciates MMA and does her homework that they could get to replace Ariel.

Imagine working for CNN and then on the side, you investigate CNN, look for gossip, have a podcast, interview rival news reporters for gossip, etc. You don't think that's a conflict of interest?

Once he got hired on at Fox, (like what ESPN is making him do), he should have stopped MMA Hour, the gossip, etc. He's trying to wear two hats. One of a legit journalist and one of a TV personality.

He even admitted himself that he had ethical problems with what he was doing and tried to justify it by his paycheck having Fox's name on it.
Ariel being exclusive to ESPN and free to report what he wants is the best possible outcome.

Its bullshit because there was a long thread about it and people were saying that this practice of promotions paying TV stations for production costs is common for pre/post fight shows in major league sports. I think this gives sports promotions some control over the shows, by getting Ariel fired at least in his case.

And your excuse that Ariel was wearing 2 hats doesn't fly because what you're saying is that Helwani is pressured to be more pro-UFC. But Helwani is constantly being criticized for treading on sensitive issues to the UFC - so how is he being a shill? Like I said in my previous posts about this matter, give examples or admit that you're just parroting what paid UFC shills are talking about Helwani.

Fox has pulled content which is too hot for the UFC but I don't see any equivalent outrage about UFC throwing its monopoly weight around. But Helwani getting a paycheck from the UFC to work in Fox produced show is too much for some people apparently.

UFC likes this arrangement because it gives them some clout and they can indirectly pull hot articles or punish journalist who don't toe the line. Otoh the UFC can use the Fox show to reward certain people with an extra salary

Something really rubbed me the wrong way with AH when he was working for FOX. Hes whole mma persona became tainted by hes close relationship to FOX and the UFC. Hope he can stay true to himself this time around.

I agree. I can't see how this is going to be better then him doing coverage for MMAfighting which has no affiliation to the UFC. Unless somehow he's getting Dana to do personal scrums for him like in the old days I can't see how this is going to be a better thing going forward. It always seem like these giant corporate shows fucking suck. It would be like Rogan saying his JRE podcast got picked up by HBO.

Dana is likely going to have to do interviews with Ariel. I expect red face Dana trying to hold back from yelling at him

Where is Luke Thomas going to go? Mmajunkie sucks, Sherdog is a sinking ship at this point with no video content and the radio show is basically done.

Ariel and Chael are my two favorite MMA personalities to listen to. Matt Serra and Jim Norton are close behind.

Doesn't ESPN now have a relationship with UFC as well?

Hopefully, he can continue to cover MMA from a subjective viewpoint.

Time to establish some facts before ending this thread.

FACT: Ariel Helwani is the greatest MMA reporter/journalist in the history of MMA. Name one who is more prominent. He's interviewed more fighters, more personalities, etc. Broken more stories. Reported live from numerous events including historical events. In contrast his haters get excited if they bump into Danny Castillo in a supermarket.

FACT: Ariel is not an incel. Most of his haters are hence the envy.

Those two facts pretty much cover it.

6qr2hrM.gif

/thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back