Ariel Helwani briefly spoke to Khabib, who is in Boston now. (tweet in direction Conor)

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of him but lately the extreme delusion and refusal to defend the title have put me off.

i can understand that... while conor showed his irish flag as a "warrior" back in the days to enter the octagon to prove himself and get a country behind him....
the money got over him and this warrior in the cage turned into a gucci diva... and many fans doesnt like to see that.

I'm all in for a Conor vs. Khabib fight, but if that's the plan, then they shouldn't have made a fucking interim belt. If they aren't worth at least the #1 contender spot, then the UFC is officially saying they mean what we already know they do (i.e. interim belts mean fuck all).

I love Khabib... I mean, 25-0. How can you not to? Still, Ferguson, as much as I don't like him, he's the interim champion. It's either Conor vs. Ferguson, or strip the Irishman already and make it Khabib vs. Tony for the undisputed title.

If the problem is that there is a stupid and useless interim belt that's not actually a guarantee that its holder is the #1 contender and it's creating problems in that they'd rather have a different contender fight for the belt against Conor, I find it rather baffling that your solution is to strip Conor of the undisputed belt to resolve that. It's Tony's belt that's the problem, not Conor's.

The solution would be to strip Tony of the interim belt and call a spade a spade and admit he's only got a belt because Stipe/Cain fell through at UFC 216 so they made up an interim belt to justify it being a PPV rather than cancel a PPV and make it free. If there's no interim belt then they can make whatever fight they want.

Alternatively they can simply follow precedent, where Randy fought Brock at UFC 91 despite Nogueira being interim champ. In fact Nog defended his own interim belt the very next month at UFC 92. They had two champs defending two different belts at one point.

If Tony wins he'll be on an 11 fight win streak at lightweight. If khabib wins he'll be on a 9 fight win streak in the UFC at LW. Having a guy with 1 win in the division hold a "belt" Is a farce. Even conor can't get behind that.

If Tony wins he'll be on an 11 fight win streak at lightweight. If khabib wins he'll be on a 9 fight win streak in the UFC at LW. Having a guy with 1 win in the division hold a "belt" Is a farce. Even conor can't get behind that.

Khabib would be 10 fight win streak

woodley would be a smarter fight for conor... 3rd belt... ...money... woodley wants this fight to and better stylistic matchup for conor. conor can work against this overhand right from woodley very well i think.

That’s just fuckin stupid. If you think the UFC will let that clown near ANOTHER belt you’re retarded.

He’d NEVER beat an elite WW. But, why would the UFC take the chance on him fucking up a 3rd division ?

Woodley searching for a money fight he’s NEVER going to get. Nobody likes him, or wants to watch him. He killed his legacy before it started.

Back