Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show - Debut Episode with Stipe DC Rose TCity Max Black Beast and more - 1pm ET

Jackonfire

BMF Mod
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Nu-x4J6P

The show airs live and free to the world beginning at 1 pm ET / 10 am PT / 6 pm GMT on espn’s twitter feed. That’s where you can watch live. Video replay will be on ESPN’s YouTube account after the show is over.

Guests for today's show are Stipe Miocic, D.C., Max Holloway, Rose Namajunas, Brian Ortega, Lyoto Machida, Rampage Jackson, Derrick Lewis, Josh Barnett, Rashad Evans, Leon Edwards, Kayla Harrison, and Brett Okamoto.

Link for the live twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/i/events/964202978675605505

DgjB939U8AAE8Nj.jpg

Last edited:
If you're picking Luke Thomas over the new Helwani show then I don't think MMA is for you.

lol, if they both air at the same time, i doubt Luke gets 5 viewers...

Wow, surprised they are going head to had and doing battle. This is like putting a Walgreens directly next to a CVS - just go down the street!

So question to you all, did you also listen/watch the ironically named "MMA Hour"? Did you listen for all 5 or 6 hours of the episodes? How? The people who listen/watch it... do they have families, jobs, listen to other podcasts? Where does one find time to listen to every hour of Ariels' show?

I'm asking because I gave up on "MMA Hour" as despite the fantastic guests Ariel gets, I could never find the time to listen to it properly. So I ended up subscribing to Okamoto's 5 rounds podcast on ESPN, which was an hour or less and decently solid but nothing special.
Now Ariel makes the move to ESPN, they cancel 5 rounds and give Ariel the new pod/show on ESPN...and it's 5 hours long!
Who listens to the whole thing? Do you all?
For those that don't or those that just listen to MMA pods/shows all day/know all the shows, would you be able to recommend an MMA podcast (that's under two hours) for me to subscribe to? Thx

If you're picking Luke Thomas over the new Helwani show then I don't think MMA is for you.

Ariel is about story lines, Luke actually knows how to dissect tape. Both are good and bad sometimes but your statement is kinda iffy.

So question to you all, did you also listen/watch the ironically named "MMA Hour"? Did you listen for all 5 or 6 hours of the episodes? How? The people who listen/watch it... do they have families, jobs, listen to other podcasts? Where does one find time to listen to every hour of Ariels' show?

I'm asking because I gave up on "MMA Hour" as despite the fantastic guests Ariel gets, I could never find the time to listen to it properly. So I ended up subscribing to Okamoto's 5 rounds podcast on ESPN, which was an hour or less and decently solid but nothing special.
Now Ariel makes the move to ESPN, they cancel 5 rounds and give Ariel the new pod/show on ESPN...and it's 5 hours long!
Who listens to the whole thing? Do you all?
For those that don't or those that just listen to MMA pods/shows all day/know all the shows, would you be able to recommend an MMA podcast (that's under two hours) for me to subscribe to? Thx

Just download the podcast and listen to the segments you want for two hours. It's not that complicated.

Ric's chosen sides.. this, changes EVERYTHING

Does he have any guests?

12 p.m. ET -- Show open, explanation of what we're about, UFC Singapore discussion, Kevin Lee's 165 pounds comments about fighting GSP and more. 12::20 p.m. -- The Monday Morning Analyst with Dan Hardy on UFC Singapore, UFC 226 mega fights and more. 12:40 p.m. -- Lyoto Machida joins us to discuss his next moves with Bellator MMA. 1:05 p.m. -- Brendan Schaub checks in on the latest headlines in MMA. 1:25 p.m. -- Kelvin Gastelum discusses his situation, what he's got planned for a return and more. 1:40 p.m. -- The Sound Off featuring your calls, tweets and more on the latest in MMA.

Helwani all day.

I enjoy the schadenfreude of Luke's endless tech problems no end.

I find Danny Segura insufferable though, this is devastating finding out he's going to be in NY Ric's place.

Back