Arguably the best band to come out of inarguably worst era of music is?

There were no "punk bands" of that era.

Define "worst era of music" when Captain and Tennille ruled the charts in 1975 and won a grammy.

LOL, that aint worse than Beck winning a grammy, no way.

Don't be an American Idiot. Green Day isn't even in the top 10 punk bands of that era.

They were a punk band in an era that was not even punk but categorized as grunge/alternative. That is how bad that era was.

best band from the worst era?
wtf
and hating on Beck for winning a shit grammy?
get your head together, little guy.
you sound concussed

What is your best band to come to out of inarguably worst era of music in the history of music?

Despite how much I hate everything from that era, I do have a soft spot for Green Day. I dont think any other band's music from that era will hold up to the test of time like Green Day's will.

You think green day is the only good 90s band? Ok lol

Smashing Pumpkins music is unbearable even now. Do you hear any Pumpkin songs still playing on radio or what not. Green Day songs are played on oldies, but 90s is now oldies.

Cherub rock is unbearable? Rocket?

Incubus is a very tail end of the 90s band. My favorite album of theirs came out in 2001.
Incubus is actually a good example, especially since they started as a nu-metal band. Early 90's was awesome and Green Day eats dick.

LOL, that aint worse than Beck winning a grammy, no way.
Coldplay wins best alternative album in 2003 for "A Rush of Blood to the Head" over "Sea Change" and you have the temerity to grouch about Beck winning a grammy? Shame! SHAME!!!

From the 90s, Live, Oasis, Crash Test Dummies, Suede, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Nirvana were the emerging bands I liked.

Incubus is actually a good example, especially since they started as a nu-metal band. Early 90's was awesome and Green Day eats dick.
Science is a great album, and was like 97'.

From the 90s, Live, Oasis, Crash Test Dummies, Suede, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Nirvana were the emerging bands I liked.
Did you see my thread on going to see crash test dummies? They were great. Was 15 feet away from the stage, and talked with the band for a little bit. They sounded great, but Ellen was weird in her back-ups, like she was off key and loud in purpose; for her solo stuff she sounded great. Brad Roberts sounded as good as ever. They are going all throughout the east, so try to check them out. They are playing pretty much all if 'and god shuffled his feet.'

Incubus got caught by "successful ballad syndrome"............the same thing that brought down Foreigner, Chicago, Doobie Brothers, and a bunch of other bands throughout history.

Science was one of the best albums of the 1990s and no amount of sappy ballads can erase that.

2000's really sucked. I can't think of a single good band. Maybe Coldplay? They are decent but overrated.

Oh wait MGMT. I'll go with MGMT.

Also, out of all the awesome bands from the 90's you pick GREEN DAY?!!? LMAO!!!

My least favorite time in music was between 1980 and 1984, and the best band in that era would have to be Swans.

My least favorite time in music was between 1980 and 1984, and the best band in that era would have to be Swans.

I would have to say Pink Floyd. 1982 gave us The Wall. The metal scrub in me has to disagree as well. Ozzy, Metallica, Iron Maiden, and Motley Crue were tearing it up at that point too.

Did you see my thread on going to see crash test dummies? They were great. Was 15 feet away from the stage, and talked with the band for a little bit. They sounded great, but Ellen was weird in her back-ups, like she was off key and loud in purpose; for her solo stuff she sounded great. Brad Roberts sounded as good as ever. They are going all throughout the east, so try to check them out. They are playing pretty much all if 'and god shuffled his feet.'
I'd absolutely love to see them live. However, I live in Hong Kong these days, so there's no chance. No real concert scene here, other than a few international acts a year, and the insipid cantopop and K-pop.

I'd absolutely love to see them live. However, I live in Hong Kong these days, so there's no chance. No real concert scene here, other than a few international acts a year, and the insipid cantopop and K-pop.

Well I guess you're seeing some other interesting things then lol.. But it was a cool show.

Last edited:
I would have to say Pink Floyd. 1982 gave us The Wall. The metal scrub in me has to disagree as well. Ozzy, Metallica, Iron Maiden, and Motley Crue were tearing it up at that point too.

Floyd was around well before that, but still a solid post.

Incubus got caught by "successful ballad syndrome"............the same thing that brought down Foreigner, Chicago, Doobie Brothers, and a bunch of other bands throughout history.

Science was one of the best albums of the 1990s and no amount of sappy ballads can erase that.

I think they got away from the dj influence.. He was a big part of the sound. Then they thought they became too "artistic" to do anything hard sounding.. Which was stupid and wrong. If they just weren't feeling like doing anything hard anymore, they could have explored some more trippy/expiramental stuff, but they just went bland. Totally bland. They were really talented at really young ages, as well. I have their pre-science demo type stuff, and THAT is better than what they are now lol

Back