Arguably the best band to come out of inarguably worst era of music is?

We have to look at this from a pop culture perspective. In the 90s radio, and MTV, etc, etc, were quintessential for this. If the band got no aire time then they dont count. They really have no influence on the mainstream music scene of the time.
Smashing Pumpkins were all over 90s radio and MTV btw even though that has nothing to do with "best band". Troll on
LOL, that is not what I mean, and you know it.
Maybe you didn't mean it but you said it. I am not arguing Pumpkins are the "best" band from the 90s, I just saying it's become obvious you are not familiar with a lot of 90s music. You already made up your mind anyway but no one is going to agree with you. Green Day was only influential to other pop-punk bands like blink 182 and other shit tier punk stuff, I don't like those types of bands but music is objective. I still think you are just trolling for a reaction though.

WTF are you taking about 90s being the worse era of music it was the golden age of Hip Hop as well as thriving age of college radio bands, house music and techno. You obviously have shit taste in music if you put forward Green Day as the best.

Just for one simple counterexample, if you're saying the worst era of music is the 90s, then keep in mind the Smashing Pumpkins came out in that same era and they are infinitely superior to Green Day. Coming out within a year of one another, Mellon Collie curbstomps Dookie.

The 90’s was a great musical era for a lot of different music tho imo. Hip Hop’s ‘Golden Era’ was the 90’s, Trip Hops Golden Era was the 90’s.. there were also a lot of trend setting ground breaking movements like Grunge that produced a shit ton of great/classic music. The late 90’s started to slip up but even then there was some decent stuff.

Pantera,Deftones,Alice In Chains,Audioslave,RATM, Killswitch Engage....just a few quick like.

I graduated high school in 98 and I thought the 90s had a lot of great music...

Deftones
Rage Against the Machine
Pearl Jam
Blind Melon
Red hot chillie peppers
GNR Illusion albums
Off Spring
Pantera
Weezer
Alice N Chains
Faith No More
Sound Garden
Nirvana
Tool
Sublime
Green Day

I never did care for the pumpkins though. Billy Corgan came off as too much of a bitch to me. Cool dude irl though.

I'm about the same age as you and I thought the 90s were pretty good for music as well. Metallica's Black album was during this time as was The Division Bell by Pink Floyd, R.E.M. put out 3 or 4 solid albums, same thing with The Cranberries, The Tea Party, Blue Rodeo, and The Tragically Hip. Up in my part of Canada, "Lost Together" by Blue Rodeo was going back & forth for the #1 spot on the radio with GnR's "November Rain" for over a year.

There was a lot of good music and IMO Green day wasn't really special, there's a lot of 90s music that still gets more airplay on the radio than they do.

Actually, I should have been more specific. Not the whole decade of the 90s, but just the middle, and later half, when grunge/alternative came out. That is the era I am talking about.

worst era of music in the history of music is when gangsta rap and hip hop took over the masses of tards

Though GreenDay undoubtedly had much more mainstream success than their “punk-rock”/ska counterparts, I would rank Rancid’s “And Out Come The Wolves” and “Offspring’s “Smash” as better albums. I realize I’m a little off-topic as far as this thread is concerned, just offering my opinion. Cheers.

I am asking you guys what you think is the best band from that era.
Many bands from the 90s are still around... and Pearl Jam is obviously the best band from the 90s. They kept putting out albums after the 90s and still put on great shows.

Pearl Jam is better in every way, If you count Incubus they are too. Fuck even shit bands like Silverchair are better than fucking Green Day.
Incubus is a very tail end of the 90s band. My favorite album of theirs came out in 2001.

Just to be clear... the grunge era was over by about 95. Even bands like Pearl Jam and STP had changed their sound by 1996. So when talking about an "era" as 90s music.. it needs to be broken down into the first half of the 90s and second half of the 90s.

There's no such thing as "worst era" or "worst decade" for music, imo.

The quality has been completely consistent, at least if you're digging just a tiny bit deeper than what's topping the charts. Nostalgia plays a huge part also. My dad insists that the sixties/seventies had the best music - cuz he grew up in the sixties/seventies and isn't very curious or openminded.

What is your best band to come to out of inarguably worst era of music in the history of music?

Despite how much I hate everything from that era, I do have a soft spot for Green Day. I dont think any other band's music from that era will hold up to the test of time like Green Day's will.

<{ByeHomer}> <Dany07>
Green Day ? Active from 1986 till Present ?.....could you name the era in question, so I can make a list of better bands.....and there will be enough bands to make a list, a big list

What is your best band to come to out of inarguably worst era of music in the history of music?

Despite how much I hate everything from that era, I do have a soft spot for Green Day. I dont think any other band's music from that era will hold up to the test of time like Green Day's will.

With all due respect, you should have done a better job of defining what era you're referring to. It was also inaccurate to say inarguably. And then you pick Green Day of all bands from that era. Bands like Alice in Chains would have been a much better choice.

<{ByeHomer}> <Dany07>
Green Day ? Active from 1986 till Present ?.....could you name the era in question, so I can make a list of better bands.....and there will be enough bands to make a list, a big list

LOL in 1986 Billie Joe Armstrong, and Mike Dirnt were 15. LOL at "active since 1986"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Day

With all due respect, you should have done a better job of defining what era you're referring to. It was also inaccurate to say inarguably. And then you pick Green Day of all bands from that era. Bands like Alice in Chains would have been a much better choice.

I am talking about the grunge/alternative era. Green Day, and inarguably the worst era in music should have been dead give aways.

The 90's shits on the 00's and 10's. I think the 50's was boring as fuck outside of the jazz they often wouldn't even allow on the radio,and unless you have a raging hard-on for Benny Goodman, Duke Ellington, and big band or klezmer in general, what the hell did the 30's & 40's bring to the table? String of Pearls and crooners? Cool gigs, but not that cool.

The 90's is just in that cultural dead spot right now. It's not old enough to have experienced a resurgence by being explored and fetishized by the new breed of adults who never experienced it, not even as infants, because they're still working to challenge it, and cast it off: to prove why their parents suck. We are just now hitting the entry to that phase. Fast forward 5-10 years and you're going to start hearing all of its best shit incessantly dragged up in sappy montages on the CW. You'll start hearing it in bars again. People will start writing columns about how the popular bands that were so popular for us to hate on were misunderstood geniuses. The fashion was the weak point of the 90's, but get ready for 90's night every week. It's coming.

Round and round it goes.

Oh, also, the answer is Radiohead.

Should be obvious.

Don't be an American Idiot. Green Day isn't even in the top 10 punk bands of that era.

There were no "punk bands" of that era.

Define "worst era of music" when Captain and Tennille ruled the charts in 1975 and won a grammy.

Back