Aren't Kyokushin guys ideal sparring partners for boxers because of their close range fighting?

No, I'm sayin boxers will have the advantage. Boxers need close range to be effective with their punches. Against a Kyokushin-kai with no fundamental boxing training, it is far more likely that a boxer will throw hard combos to the body and then to the face, and the kyokushin-kai won't know how to parry it because an amateur can't read boxing combos. I know from experience it's impossible, even if you train face punching, to read a boxers combos

Are you a Kyokushin fan boy refusing to hear it? Everybody knows they're toast without crosstraining.

gonna have to disagree with you man, theres alot of good fighters that started in kyokushin and transitioned over to muay thai.

I also really dont think a boxer vs a kyokushin guy has an advantage. Kyokushin is very similar to muay thai and generally speaking, boxing vs mt matchups dont end well for the boxer. KK vs boxing would be similar I would imagine.

I do understand your point about kyokushin guys not protecting their face, dropping their hands etc.

gonna have to disagree with you man, theres alot of good fighters that started in kyokushin and transitioned over to muay thai.

I also really dont think a boxer vs a kyokushin guy has an advantage. Kyokushin is very similar to muay thai and generally speaking, boxing vs mt matchups dont end well for the boxer. KK vs boxing would be similar I would imagine.

I do understand your point about kyokushin guys not protecting their face, dropping their hands etc.

Muay Thai guys are able to beat boxers because they learn boxing ( some fundamentals of it) ....They would never be able to win by low kicks alone against a boxer with clever footwork who gets an opening. And there have been boxers transitioning who have dominated muay Thai guys in gyms, so it's not written in stone

It's actually similar to the wrestler with some Jujitsu fundamentals beating high level BJJ guys.

Bas Rutten talked about this and actually puts his money on the wrestler in such a scenario. Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones sure seemed to prove his point

Muay Thai guys are able to beat boxers because they learn boxing ( some fundamentals of it) ....They would never be able to win by low kicks alone against a boxer with clever footwork who gets an opening. And there have been boxers transitioning who have dominated muay Thai guys in gyms, so it's not written in stone

anyone/style can beat anyone/style

MMG4z.gif

Has anyone tried chicken and mushroom on a pizza?
I have. Chicken is fine but mushroom I am not a fan of. Chicken can become dry on pizza so it's good to pair it with extra tomatoes.

Mushroom i never eat. Its some nasty shit.

Mushrooms are awesome! How can you not like mushrooms?
The only pizza I can have without mushrooms is a plain pepperoni pizza, and even that one is improved with the addition of some 'shrooms.
You must be a fungi.

Had this one called the Godfather slice from Pizzaiolo. Wasn't bad, its a deep pan meat supreme type pizza (pepperoni, cheese, bacon). I enjoyed it. Wasn't bad for the price. I'll be having it again soon

Mushrooms are awesome! How can you not like mushrooms?
The only pizza I can have without mushrooms is a plain pepperoni pizza, and even that one is improved with the addition of some 'shrooms.

I dont like the taste or the soft feeling. Its not meat, not a vegetable. Its something else. I just dont like how it feels in my mouth.

<{clintugh}>

I dont like the taste or the soft feeling. Its not meat, not a vegetable. Its something else. I just dont like how it feels in my mouth.

<{clintugh}>

I get exactly what you mean. It's such a weird sort of texture.

I done one KK session in my life.

Shrooms are the shit !

(not teh psyche ones .. or <Waaah> needed)

speaking of italian food, you know what is the bomb? Stromboli.
Homemade-Stromboli-l-www.SimplyScratch.com_.jpg

Back