Are your parents dead?

Mom died last year, dad died back in 2005.

Fuck you TS

My father mght as well be

My mom's alive though

When my dad died it was the first time someone close to me had died.
I never saw my parents for the last decade or so of their lives as we ended up living in different countries, so the only contact was the phone.
I knew i would never see them again so i think i must of gradually said goodbye to them over that decade. I always thought when one of my parents died i'd be an emotional wreck, but i was shocked when i wasn't. And i think it was like that because over the years i knew i'd never be seeing them again.

I think of them a hell of a lot nowadays though, much more then when they were living. I often forget they're dead actually. I'll see something on the telly or read something and straight away think, 'oh i better remember to tell mum about that,' but then i remember she doesn't exist anywhere in the universe.
I wish i'd never moved to another country.

Yes, mine died around 8 or 10 yrs ago, never memorized the dates, died in their eighties.
They had a hard life especially early on what with the war happening. Mum was evacuated coz she was a little girl and dad put his age up and joined the East Kent Buffs, and then the 2nd SAS Regiment.

Jesus, a SAS member making to his 80's is an accomplishment. RIP to your parents, to all of you here, that have lost yours.

My parents are still alive, but there getting up there in age (late 60's, early 70's)...I think about them passing more and more, as I get older. Not going to lie...freaks me out, especially my Mom, we're very tight. I don't take this eventuality lightly, I talk with my Mom basically everyday, visit with her as often as possible, ask her lots of questions, about when she was a RN, when she was a child, etc etc. It's important to me to know as more then just my "Mom", but her as a person. I'm very grateful to have a loving Mother, Step Dad, Sister and Brother-in-law.

RIP. Sorry to hear.

Thank you, my good man. I appreciate it. I assure you, I would not have posted if I hadn't come to terms with it yet, you know?

I had been prepping myself for this moment over the past several years (looks like you have too), as my parents are in there seventies, and none of us are getting any younger. :) I think that helped ease the blow a bit. And the fact that he was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer in June........I had plenty of time to come to terms with it. The next 5-6 months were the hard part. Him passing was almost like a relief.

either way, make the best of what time you have left with your mom, whether it be one day or 50 years. You will definitely appreciate and cherish it.

Back