Are you ready to admit Tony's standup is the real deal?

ewww21

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Out struck RDA who is rarely out struck, walked him down, defended all his engagements and did it all while doing the cha cha. Could have been the cardio coupled with the weight cut, but it was most likely El Cucuy being a monster.

Alvarez may have starched RDA from a lucky punch, but he wasn't winning exchanges.

Yeah, Tony is very hittable but strikes really really well.

If I remember correctly Ferg had dished out some pretty nasty eyepokes which led to the win.

Tony is top 5 P4P; anyone who isn't a salty fan of McNugget, Lando, Kevin Lee, or any other fighter he's destroyed knows he's one of the most well rounded and dangerous fighters in the sport.

You're forgetting the fact that that fight was at altitude; the volume, creativity, and power Tony delivered to RDA over those 5 rounds was insane; maybe the most underrated performance in an MMA fight over the past 5 years. As was shown tonight RDA is an absolute beast himself and Tony handily outclassed him in some of the toughest conditions imaginable.

Also easily slipped tons of RDA's strikes smoothly despite the fact that Tony apparently gets KOed and looses every fight till he somehow magically wins according to some anonymous world champion striking coaches on here.. <45>

Last edited by a moderator:
Literally no one has ever denied that.

He’s just a hittable guy. Doesn’t mean his striking isn’t legit.

I don't know man, I've heard the horror stories of RDA's weight cuts at 155, if this RDA showed up, Tony might not be on a streak right now.

Still nobody starched RDA as good as Jeremy Stephens.

If I remember correctly Ferg had dished out some pretty nasty eyepokes which led to the win.
He was taking over the fight before the eyepoke, and you say it like he did it on purpose, Tony was the one who alerted the ref to the poke, he could have pounced on RDA but didn't.

He was taking over the fight before the eyepoke, and you say it like he did it on purpose, Tony was the one who alerted the ref to the poke, he could have pounced on RDA but didn't.
Correct. 'Twas accidental. Tony would have won the fight regardless.

I used to think Ferguson just won because of the eye poke, now I know better. WAR EL CUCUY

Out struck RDA who is rarely out struck, walked him down, defended all his engagements and did it all while doing the cha cha. Could have been the cardio coupled with the weight cut, but it was most likely El Cucuy being a monster.

Alvarez may have starched RDA from a lucky punch, but he wasn't winning exchanges.
Tony is a killer for oustriking RDA but

Eddie hit him with a "lucky punch"

lol

fuck outta here kid

His eyepokes are renown in MMA.

His stand up is good, but we had to admit that Conor's better at striking.

If Tony would to stand up and fight with Conor, he most likely will end up like Eddie.
Only through dirty boxing, fench grappling to wear Conor's down is the most effective way to beat him.

Tony is good at everything.

What we saw tonight is Robbie Lawler putting a stamp on his exit as a contender. Lets index Robbies history of events:

1) Late, sudden career resurgence

2) Incredible increase in cardio

3) Documented suspicious test results

: Enter USADA :

4) Split decision war with Condit

5) First round scary KO loss to Woodley

6) Struggles to eek past Cowboy Cerrone (perfect style matchup for him)

7) Drops a lopsided decision to RDA

He looks slower, less explosive, less cardio and most notably his power is diminished.

Very fun fighter, and a tough guy, but he seems to have synced back into the journey-man slugger he was for years until he made the big splashy turnaround for a bit there.

He is like a whirlwind - it is really fun to watch. I just wish McGregor would come back and challenge Tony. Or another striker would show up so we can see Tony do what he does best.

His eyepokes are renown in MMA.

I was trying to remember the foul that happened in the Tony x RDA fight...

From memory I was thinking a bad clash of heads where RDA got the bad side of it but the action wasn't stopped... was it an eye poke?

100% I remember it as a obvious turning point for Tony taking over.

Back