Social Are you pro choice or pro life?

Are you in favour of

• Total voters
yes, that is also true. Begs the question if he thinks life begins at fertilization or implantation or if he even considered the distinction.
Well he seemed to be pro Plan-B immediately after a rape, so I think he's aware that he wants to prevent fertilization.
Plan-B is not very good (if at all) at preventing implantation. In fact, its not very effective (if at all) once a woman has ovulated.

I'm not pro choice, because it's a bullshit political name.
I'm pro abortion.
It's not a bullshit political name. Many millions of people who aren't "pro-abortion," as if abortion is great, are also pro-choice, which means they think it should be the woman's choice.

Don't be retarded.

"Pro-life" is clearly the bullshit political name in this. These people are mostly for the death penalty, more supportive of wars, etc. And as Pan has pointed out so well itt, they also support abortion, to a significant degree that exposes their ideological claims as bogus.

Pragmatically pro-choice.
That being said, rampant promiscuity and using abortion as birth control is disgusting and shows a lack of self control and having a decent set of standards.
But the alternative is worse.
I get a kick in the ass over libs fawning over Margaret "human weeds" Sanger, though.

Pro choice. There is no point in bringing a life into this world if it's going to be unwanted or neglected.

Also it's the woman's choice because it's her body. I've always thought this was a no brainer for people but a surprising amount of people are 'pro life'

I don't agree with the term pro life to begin with I think it demonizes pro choice people right off the bat.

Funny how everyone who is pro choice is already born......

Murdering unborn infants is horrific and a mortal sin.

Pro choice. There is no point in bringing a life into this world if it's going to be unwanted or neglected.

Also it's the woman's choice because it's her body. I've always thought this was a no brainer for people but a surprising amount of people are 'pro life'

I don't agree with the term pro life to begin with I think it demonizes pro choice people right off the bat.

If only there were people who cant have children who would gladly love and provide a wonderful upbringing for them..... we could call it..... i dont know...... adoption. Yeah thats a good word for it

If only there were people who cant have children who would gladly love and provide a wonderful upbringing for them..... we could call it..... i dont know...... adoption. Yeah thats a good word for it

Oh yeah! I forgot that! Because all adoptions go to good people! And adopted kids never have issues! And women should be forced to endure 9 months of their body changing rapidly affecting hormones etc!

Well that’s the point. Just like the point of the term “pro choice” is to distract from and soften the idea of killing fetuses. It’s all BS political speak.

Everytime the abortion comes up, i never see a point that i always felt was important.

Overpopulation.

Plain and simple, we already have wayyyy too many people on this planet. Why are we so invested in insuring more will be born? We should be rapidly aborting pedophiles, serial rapists, etc instead of arguing about aborting fetuses.

The lie about abortion is that humanity has any say in who is given life. We don’t.

I"m a "viable fetus" guy, I suppose as anything else introduces religion into the debate; and I most certainly don't want that. If I can perform CPR on it and it has a reasonable chance to survive, its alive. Similarly, as medical technology improves, my metric shifts.
For instance: in the distant past, you didn't even name a newborn for an extended period of time, sometimes years; and if the child died during that time period, it not only wasn't terribly surprising but also quite common. Now, we are at 20-25 weeks, and the child mortality rate has severely plummeted in the last century. Pretty good stuff.

I'm pro-choice up to about 24 weeks at which point many fetuses start to become viable. I don't think viability is the perfect cut off mark but I just don't believe you should be allowed to abort at anytime until pregnancy.

I'm in the middle. Rape, incest and life of the mother absolutely. Oops I forgot contraception, no.

Situational, lean strongly towards "life."

There should be no surprises in my preference.

i'm for a woman, a person, choosing what to do with their own body, until the body growing inside them has grown enough survive and be raised by someone else.

the living deserve their rights until there are two living things.

I don't believe in the Bible.
I don't like government telling any person what to do with their body.

So I'm fine with abortion within 8-9 weeks. Once the fetus starts looking like a baby and has a heart, it's immoral and inhumane to kill it.

Back