Are you messed up in the head or maybe a retard(sociopath)?

I’d agree, but many sociopaths are great in cut throat business ventures because they feel no guilt crushing opposition or stepping over co-workers.

That just supports my argument for empathy being a detrimental trait. It hinders success.

I'm the opposite of a sociopath in that I empathize to a pathetic extent. I'm so sensitive to other people I can barely deal with them. I wish I was a sociopath. I should spend like 6 months in Tijuana or something to numb myself to human emotion
I'm in the same boat. Since we're talking about psychology stuff I had to do counseling once and they told me I was this rare personality type infj that's prone to always do that. I don't put much stock into it as some people do but it's interesting to read about nonetheless.

I’ve been told I was one. I lack empathy and believe it’s a harmful character trait that gets in the way of success and progress.
Tell them you post on sherdog that should clear that shit up

Sociopaths are impressionable idiots. Being a psychopath is where it's at...and I doubt anyone would realize they are a sociopath. Lacking self-awareness is pretty fundamental for one of those retards.

I think so, I’ve never felt normal or what I perceive normal is, any social interaction I always act like how I imagine a person should act in that scenario, I have no desire for friends or people to hang with, happiest when alone tbh. Not sure if that’s fuct or just how people really are.

I'm the same. Most of my interactions involve me acting in a way that's overly proper and boring to bring interactions to an amicable but quick end. Any deviation from "the plan" due to the other person and not my own desire to extend the interaction or make it more entertaining, irritates me to the point of wishing for something terrible on that person.

I'm the same. Most of my interactions involve me acting in a way that's overly proper and boring to bring interactions to an amicable but quick end. Any deviation from "the plan" due to the other person and not my own desire to extend the interaction or make it more entertaining, irritates me to the point of wishing for something terrible on that person.

We should hang out and just be awkward and not really talk to each other.

Probably. I understand what "normal" is, but it's not normal for me to be "normal".

My head is right where it should be
But my brain isn't all that it could be
I'm gonna get a new one
A shiny sparkly blue one

Get fucked, fucked is how you spell it

I am very social person but I hate people.

We should hang out and just be awkward and not really talk to each other.

I've had some surprisingly fruitful and long lasting relationships with similar people. We have really fucked up conversations and when we're done we go our separate ways. We may not talk for months, or even years, but the relationships never get stale and it doesn't seem like work.

I'm the opposite of a sociopath in that I empathize to a pathetic extent. I'm so sensitive to other people I can barely deal with them. I wish I was a sociopath. I should spend like 6 months in Tijuana or something to numb myself to human emotion

That has to suck.

I've had issues with hypertension and have had times where I was incredibly sensitive to everything so I kind of know where you're coming from.

A sociopath wouldn't give you an honest answer. You can't communicate with them like you can a normal person. They'll pretend and feign investment in your endeavor, but in reality they'll just be manipulating you for any of a billion irrational reasons.

All caps *Don't know what you're talking about you don't are you talking about what you don't know*

People ask me how to get a cat to trust you.
Here's the way:
Pick up a rock, and hit the cat in the head until it trusts you

I don't know why two virtually identical threads were started asking essentially the same question, but they're married now.

Back