Are you in your prime?

Physically?

Mentally?

Past or in? Or are you still working up to it.

And another follow up question...

Do you feel your age?

Mentally I still have a lot of room to improve. Physically my knees and shoulders aren't what they used to be but I feel my body is still good to improve.

How about you Sherbros and gals?
Definitely past it. In fact, I just had a doctor tell me the wear and tear on my hip joints is severely advanced for someone my age. I will need total hip replacements within the next 10 years, and that is not common for someone my age.

Yesterday my best friend got married and I was a groomsman for him. We've been friends for almost 26 years. Five years ago when I got married he was my best man. I was comparing pictures of myself in my tux at my wedding to some pictures my wife took yesterday of me in a tux for his wedding. I've aged a lot going from 27 to 32.

Yeah physically. I'm more in shape and stronger than I've ever been and have no aches and pains, and healthy. I'm at a high point right now.
<mma4>
Good for you and well done.

I just feel,attitudes and knowledge around reaching any sort of peak level of fitness or physique were none existent in the UK in the 90's,everyone I knew played football/soccer and pretty much tried to get by on ability,we also drank like fish and fucked or tried to fuck like rabbits.

Wasn't until my 30's when I moved away from home due to work,I fell into lifting and then MMA,easily the fittest time of my life,but still,I wonder how fitter I could've been had it all happened a decade earlier.

37 and feel like my physical prime ended about 2 years ago. Anyone that claims they are in their physical prime at 42 or some other similarly advanced age only feels that way because they didn't maximize their potential when they were younger , sorry fellow older guys but its the truth. You may well be in YOUR best shape , but your ceiling is no doubt lower now than it was at 30.

That said , I feel like mid to late 30s / mid to late 40s are probably the overall best time for most guys that take of themselves. Probaby peak mentally and emotionally, should still be in NEAR peak condition, comfortable in your own skin , should be financially stable , should have a family if that's your thing ect ect.

So yeah , in my prime years .....just not quite physically.

Last edited by a moderator:
<mma4>
Good for you and well done.

I just feel,attitudes and knowledge around reaching any sort of peak level of fitness or physique were none existent in the UK in the 90's,everyone I knew played football/soccer and pretty much tried to get by on ability,we also drank like fish and fucked or tried to fuck like rabbits.

Wasn't until my 30's when I moved away from home due to work,I fell into lifting and then MMA,easily the fittest time of my life,but still,I wonder how fitter I could've been had it all happened a decade earlier.

Haha I know what you mean. If I had been doing this stuff at 20 or 25 instead of forty, wonder where I'd be now? Either in even better shape, or full of injuries and aches and pains. Who knows?

I'm not quite at the optimus prime level... More like prime rib at a vegas strip club.

Probably when I was 24-25. Lots of lifting and Bjj at the time. Now I'm 20lbs heavier, smoked a bit too long, and no longer train. I ride bikes, but not nearly as much as I should considering the money I've spent. Meh

I would say I am in my prime years now at age 49.

My physical prime was at about age 22+/- when i was playing high level rugby but I was a tall skinny, but super fit kid who lived to work out.

At his age however I still have the strong muscular base but have filled out and have a far more confident and easygoing style that works for me now. i've never found it easier to approach, meet and pick up women and pretty regularly have women from age 25-50+ hit on me. When I was younger I had to do all the work.

so if prime is not just physical but when EVERYTHING comes together for you than my prime is now.

Prime, prime for what? Even if you're in your 90s that could be your prime for something. Obviously nothing really strenuous but my grand pappi is about to be 90 and he is still towing a boat around fishing the creeks and climbing into tree stands during deer season.

Just because you aren't pro athlete/sex machine material doesn't mean you're not in your prime to get shit done.

I'm physically stronger than I've ever been but I'm not in my prime anymore.

Back