Are You Going to Purchase the PPV?

Are you going to purchase this trash?

• Total voters

Philo-Publius

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Poll requested.

Do you anticipate that you will purchase the Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather pay per view? I am almost certain that I will, even though I believe Conor has almost no chance, because I am so curious to see exactly how it goes down.

I will watch it at the local movie theater (that sells beer and real food) and will bring my son. My wife is going out of town and forbid me from purchasing it.

I don't know. Maybe. Its a farce and I know it but I generally catch big boxing events. I don't like relying on a stream.

I'm not excited about it, really. The undercard is still incomplete, unless they are only going to show just the Gervontae Davis fight and the Floyd fight. If its just two fights, then I probably will pass.

I don't know. Maybe. Its a farce and I know it but I generally catch big boxing events. I don't like relying on a stream.

I'm not excited about it, really. The undercard is still incomplete, unless they are only going to show just the Gervontae Davis fight and the Floyd fight. If its just two fights, then I probably will pass.

Since when does boxing have a strong undercard? MMA usually has that kind of value. I can't remember the undercards of any major boxing matches I saw back in the day.

Since when does boxing have a strong undercard? MMA usually has that kind of value. I can't remember the undercards of any major boxing matches I saw back in the day.
Quite often actually. Most major PPV events have decent fights on he undercards, they just aren't promoted like the main event.

Quite often actually. Most major PPV events have decent fights on he undercards, they just aren't promoted like the main event.

I wouldn't say quite often. Are some of the fights often times exciting? Yes. But very rarely do they have marquee names on undercards like in the UFC, which is a shame because they could promote 2 good fights and make it more worth the price.

I wouldn't say quite often. Are some of the fights often times exciting? Yes. But very rarely do they have marquee names on undercards like in the UFC, which is a shame because they could promote 2 good fights and make it more worth the price.
Thats a myth, I've proven it time and again on this site. You're just used to UFC style promotion.

Pick pretty much any random PPV over the past few years and look at the fights. Theres pretty much always title fights or the like. Golovkin vs Jacobs for example, had the flyweight world title being defended on the undercard. If the same quality fight were on the undercard of a UFC event, you'd have Rogan screaming about how "stacked and juicy" the card was. Canelo/Khan had quality fights on the undercard Lemieux vs Tapia, Gomez vs Hererra, and Stevens vs Texeira. Thats actually one of the weaker cards I can think of and its a bunch of top 10 fighters fighting each other.

Thats a myth, I've proven it time and again on this site. You're just used to UFC style promotion.

Pick pretty much any random PPV over the past few years and look at the fights. Theres pretty much always title fights or the like. Golovkin vs Jacobs for example, had the flyweight world title being defended on the undercard. If the same quality fight were on the undercard of a UFC event, you'd have Rogan screaming about how "stacked and juicy" the card was. Canelo/Khan had quality fights on the undercard Lemieux vs Tapia, Gomez vs Hererra, and Stevens vs Texeira. Thats actually one of the weaker cards I can think of and its a bunch of top 10 fighters fighting each other.

Summed it up perfectly.
UFC PR is the best I've seen in any sport.
They could sell ice to Eskimos.

It would appear much better if there was one belt and not a bunch. It would also appear much better if they marketed the undercard fighters more. That you can't deny.

Many of the top fighters in the world are no names due to a lack of promotion. TC isn't known outside of the hardcore boxing circles and it's a damn shame.

As much as I sit here and try to convince myself that I won't be buying it I probably will end up doing so when the time comes.

It would appear much better if there was one belt and not a bunch. It would also appear much better if they marketed the undercard fighters more. That you can't deny.

Many of the top fighters in the world are no names due to a lack of promotion. TC isn't known outside of the hardcore boxing circles and it's a damn shame.
It depends on how often you get unification bouts, I'll agree that it could certainly happen more than it does.
I don't really let it get in the way of me enjoying a fight, though.

It depends on how often you get unification bouts, I'll agree that it could certainly happen more than it does.
I don't really let it get in the way of me enjoying a fight, though.

I don't either, I love the fights.

Like for instance, Tank is going to be fighting on this card. This is your opportunity to hype him up big time beforehand so people tune in for more than just the main card. He's supposed to be the next big thing, well then market him like it.

Why on earth would you reward this shit show of an event by putting money in these to clown's pockets?

I'll probably get it on cable TV, so I'll watch it.

On a side note the attention it gets this side of the pond is amazing.

Yep. Having a big party. It is a spectacle that has a high chance of being a 1 sided beat down but we are having fun with it. Opening day of college ftball too.

I'll just go to the local Irish Pub among all the Conor faithful. I'll drink my shot and brewski in silence, watching this circus, like so
tenor.gif

I always buy the fights I want to watch rather than find a free stream. I'll be fcked if I'm paying for this farce

I'll just go to the local Irish Pub among all the Conor faithful. I'll drink my shot and brewski in silence, watching this circus, like so
tenor.gif
I cant think of a more miserable setting to watch this circus lol. Every casual douche bag fight expert in the world will be out flexing their knowledge and beer muscles.

Jack vs Cleverly too I hear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back