Are you for or against TRT in combative sports like UFC and Boxing?

I'm against them because they create an uneven playing field. There's a natural order to the progression of an athlete's career: as he gets older, he improves his skill set and gains experience but loses athleticism. He eventually reaches a tipping point where the advantages of added skill and experience no longer outweigh the diminished athleticism, at which point he starts to decline. Throwing TRT into the mix distorts this natural order of things and allows older fighters to reap the benefits of both age and youth.

Where PED testing misses the mark is when they "pop" someone for taking over-the-counter supplements that can be found in any GNC or Walmart. That's just absurdity.

Anyone who's pro PEDs is an idiot.
The Tour de France wasn't better when they were all on roids/epo the teams with the best doctors just did better. The competition is the same now, the racing is just as competitive.

The main problem with PEDs is that they give fighters an advantage over fighters who refuse to use them and compete clean. You shouldn't have to inject stuff to make a living in sport.

Look at how young PED users die too. Flo-J'so world records that have lasted for 30 years, she retired the season out of competition testing came into athletics, dead at 38.

I know crazy huh? LoL

Okay older guys get TRT younger guys get Dbol. I dunno let's do the steroid lottery. Spin the wheel and get those steroids? If the wheel points to USADA the fighter is screwed. "Vitor got TRT you get USADA for this fight!"
thats the only reason I cant support it

older guys just gotta accept when their time is over imo

thats the only reason I cant support it

older guys just gotta accept when their time is over imo

Yeah I hear ya.... how about like Bellator is doing let the older guys use TRT and fight eachother?

Look at how young PED users die too. Flo-J'so world records that have lasted for 30 years, she retired the season out of competition testing came into athletics, dead at 38.

And if the athletics bodies get their way her records will no longer be valid. They are talking about removing all records prior to about 2000.

Watching TRT vitor belfort and TRT Manny Pacquiao and roided up Juan Manuel Marquez made me wonder if all fighters took trt if it would be much more enjoyable to watch.

These 3 guys were blitzing guys like beasts when they were jacked up on TRT,

Vitor Belfort looking like the monster from Rawhead rex dropping and blitzing top competition during his TRT reign.

Rawhead-Rex-4.jpeg

Pacaquiao a former 108 pound fighter went all the way up in weight eating punches and just going forward breaking faces

highlight or TRT Pacquiao

Marquez a former 126 pounder who never dropped Pacman in 3 fights came in their third fight looking like the incredible hulk under memo heredia he got Pacman when he was off the TRT, and knocked him out cold.

I'd be kinda ok with ACTUAL TRT. But we all know that's not what's happening.

Fighters use the legal loophole of TRT scrip to have Testosterone in their system. They can swole up with huge dosages outside of a TESTING period, and then ramp down to TRT levels when tested. This is a HUGE advantage over a PED user who has to stop completely a week or 2 out. And obviously it's a tremendous advantage over the rare natty fighter.

So in theory is support proper TRT, but it's impossible to properly monitor. Random testing would show the inconsistencies of the levels. Immediately after a modest 100-200mg injection, levels shoot up very high, which would lead to a Test Fail. They level off eventually, but is it fair that an athlete gets to be high for any length of time??

So no way.

Last edited:
Yeah I hear ya.... how about like Bellator is doing let the older guys use TRT and fight eachother?

Bellator are not letting people use TRT

However, its quite possible that fighters in Bellator are using PED's because their testing is not up to the level of UFC (and some other organisations)

Fuck that shit. No cheating. If you can't handle the body stress and lost your physical age, it's time you train others and leave the competition world. You're suppose to reach the top because you are the best skilled athlete not the best science experiment. If you want to roid the fuck up go do some body building or wrestle in the WWE or some other family spectacle. This is not a Biggest hormone cow contest, these are humans and usually they are supposed to be role models, kids look up to you, don't be fucking showing them that you need to stick needles like a crack head to be good at something.

Let everyone use PEDs it'll be absolutely fair. PEDs don't improve your technique and skill anyway . Once everyone is juiced the fights will be more brutal and entertaining. USADA has turned these fighters into sissies who get injured regularly.

I think thats a big selling point for some fighters

older fighters that "retire" from the UFC will probably end up in Bellator shredded a few months later :p

Bellator are not letting people use TRT

However, its quite possible that fighters in Bellator are using PED's because their testing is not up to the level of UFC (and some other organisations)

Yes accurate.

I think thats a big selling point for some fighters

older fighters that "retire" from the UFC will probably end up in Bellator shredded a few months later :p

Hey that's fine with me... I'd like to see Marquardt in Bellator soon. TRT Marquardt v TRT Vitor would be awesome, instead we get the deflated version.

Hey that's fine with me... I'd like to see Marquardt in Bellator soon. TRT Marquardt v TRT Vitor would be awesome, instead we get the deflated version.
yeah its a shame that fight never happened in their prime

Im against it in combat and physical sports. Cheerleading, baseball, chess, volleyball - don't care

Okay what about little guys? Like the flyweights like DJ?

Look at Manny Pacquiao this guy was a former 108 pound boxer who peaked at 126 pounds, but once he got ont hat TRT he became a freak show, david and goliath type fights, wrecking bigger men who walk around and fought at a high weight than him, and the casuals starting buying his fights like candy.

Should the little guys be allowed to take TRt like Pacquiao did on his welterweight run?

Against. Aside from some points other people made in posts that I liked, this is already a violent sport that is going to have a reckoning - sooner or later - when it comes to CTE and post-career qualify of life. PEDs make that situation all the worse and MMA may be too much of a young, fringe sport to withstand that kind of scrutiny. It's not the moneymaker American football and boxing are nor does it have the tradition and "prestige" to get people to look the other way and ignore it.

MMA will always be the redheaded stepchild of sports and have a target on its back with legislators, moral crusaders, and a lot of the general public. You normalize PEDs and you risk running afoul of all those people, people who have jeopardized this sport in the past. Performance art wrestling and baseball got a lot of attention for steroids. Wantonly roiding guys beating the shit out of each other would be on another level. You're just screaming "more intervention and red tape mumbo jumbo in MMA PLEASE." I don't even want to imagine what would happen if a roider could be linked to the death of an opponent.

Against. The direct health risks are no joke. Additionally, fighting is phyiscally damaging enough and doesn't need further amplification.

I am totally for TRT in everyday life, if it helps people recover or to be healthy but by no means should it ever be allowed into professional competitive sports.

Watching TRT vitor belfort and TRT Manny Pacquiao and roided up Juan Manuel Marquez made me wonder if all fighters took trt if it would be much more enjoyable to watch.

These 3 guys were blitzing guys like beasts when they were jacked up on TRT,

Vitor Belfort looking like the monster from Rawhead rex dropping and blitzing top competition during his TRT reign.

Rawhead-Rex-4.jpeg

Pacaquiao a former 108 pound fighter went all the way up in weight eating punches and just going forward breaking faces

highlight or TRT Pacquiao

Marquez a former 126 pounder who never dropped Pacman in 3 fights came in their third fight looking like the incredible hulk under memo heredia he got Pacman when he was off the TRT, and knocked him out cold.

it really depends what you want.
If it is forbidden, then it should be forbidden for everyone.
The reasoning for forbidding (beyond health issues), it is to set a level playfield for all fighters.

But IMHO the biggest issue (if you allow it), is that the fighters with most money will have access to better stuff.
So where do you draw the line?

I do think that for simplicity sake, do not allow and try to catch the ones who uses it.
USADA was the first step, this new biological passport will catch the rest.

The only thing left is to make penalties so big, that fighters will rather not risk it.

But as long as the UFC allows their preferred fighter to get caught with little to no repercussions, they are setting the wrong example and sending the wrong message.

Back