Are you for or against the USADA Snitch clause?

If the snitch brings down a big ring of users then maybe. But who could Jon Jones possibly snitch on that's worth reducing his sentence by 2 years? Jon Jones is the highest profile athlete at his Gym. If he snitched on some random supplier I honestly couldn't give a shit about that.

Let's hypothetically say he snitched on Diego Sanchez.. who gives a crap.

How can Jon engage in the snitch clause if he did nothing wrong? The way USADA keeps ahead of the curve is by having caught cheaters rat on the newest updated doping methods?

Could it be he was micro T dosing and now has to divulge how he was beating the system? Could it be he will finally have to fight clean? Mir got busted for the same thing and was friends with Jones. Both probably were microdosing testosterone and finally got caught via TBol residue being on the lab equipment.

How can Jon engage in the snitch clause if he did nothing wrong?

He simply acknowledged that he was aware of those who were cheating and was willing to provide evidence. In return he received a reduced sentence for his case which was determined to be a merely incidental.

Calling the police on a serial killer isnt snitching imo, same thing here. Jon Jones is INNOCENT, and if he allegedly did snitch on a juicer, good. We need CLEAN athletes in the sport like JBJ, competing.
this.
All clean fighters like Jon should unite and snitch err... "inform" on those who are not.
That's the only way to get a clean sport!

I believe Jones gave up some suppliers names. I think USADA values catching big suppliers over a few fighters. I also think that Jones was set up by one of these suppliers and I think that's why he was cooperating with USADA in this capacity.

He may have also informed USADA of new methods/designer drugs he has heard of and seen. May not have been actual names of fighters

It's a last resort move since they didn't have a good defense. Anything to avoid a long suspension. Wouldn't work if he wasn't who he is. Against for several reasons. If they want inside info they could make deals with strength & conditioning trainers that aren't notable enough to make headlines and are therefore more effective, more reliable and closer to the sauce.

They offered Crocop lesser time if he snitched as well. He just chose not too.

Snitches get....stit......complete leniency and multiple do-overs

Against. Usada is supposed to find and punish cheaters. What's stopping wealthier athletes from having a fall guy/s that they pay handsomely if shit hits the fan. They go down instead and then guys like Jones just get a slap on the wrist, get to compete again and make millions more.

A bunch of mini trumps in this thread

"I know all about flipping. You know.... flipping.... It should be illegal."

LMAOOOO

NegligibleObviousGoosefish-size_restricted.gif

The problem is the lack of transparency. We'll probably never hear what information Jon provided so it's impossible to tell if this is legit or a complete fraud.

If you want the sport clean, as clean as it can be, you should be in support of the snitching.

I'd tell on a drug dealer right now If it helped out the neighborhood.

Honestly its one of the dumbest things ive seen. You shouldn't be allowed to get a reduced sentence for snitching on other cheats. Hes not getting killers off the street. Its so dumb its comical

I knew it all along. Jones never roided, he was just working for USADA. I am pretty sure some haters need to apologise..

The problem is the lack of transparency. We'll probably never hear what information Jon provided so it's impossible to tell if this is legit or a complete fraud.
Probably because he's never going to snitch on anyone, that's just covering up the corruption.
They would have already pressured him to give at least one name. When you get busted say for selling yayo you don't get anything without giving something.

I knew it all along. Jones never roided, he was just working for USADA. I am pretty sure some haters need to apologise..
Then how does he have pertinent info like suppliers? What’s his info then? Brawk came over and pissed in my cheerios, that’s why I failed.

He supplied USADA with every supplement he was thinking (or claimed to be taking) they came back with no dirty supps, he rolled on somebody else and got a reduced sentence.

And don’t give me the “earlier tests didn’t find turanabol” crap, it was revealed months back they found a new test, tried that method and got a positive result

im for it if it in fact leads to another cheater getting caught. but the reduction in sentence by 30 months? that's a ton. a 1 year reduction is more than enough motivation for a snitch.

and also, the reduced sentence should never exceed more than half of the sentences given out as a result of snitching.

Then how does he have pertinent info like suppliers? What’s his info then? Brawk came over and pissed in my cheerios, that’s why I failed.

He supplied USADA with every supplement he was thinking (or claimed to be taking) they came back with no dirty supps, he rolled on somebody else and got a reduced sentence.

And don’t give me the “earlier tests didn’t find turanabol” crap, it was revealed months back they found a new test, tried that method and got a positive result
What Are you talking about? Jones was a secret agent, a hero all along. He was just pretending, to smoke out the real cheaters.

For?

or

Against?

I will have something out later today, but an excerpt.

If Jones is serious about what information he is giving to USADA, not only already, but ongoing as the arbitration decision requires. If he is serious about making a positive contribution towards clean sport, about being part of making a change in the culture of doping within MMA, then Jones will be welcomed with open arms into the anti-doping community.

If it is a self serving, temporary measure, just to get himself a lighter punishment, or an opportunity to settle old vendettas, then perhaps it is just the same old Jon Jones, and it is only a matter of time until the next proverbial train wreck?

if it leads to anti doping charges against people then we will hear.

every previous substantial assistance case weve seen followup charges

Back