Social E

Are you for or against Euthanasia?

• i'm for euthanasia.

• I'm against euthanasia.

Results are only viewable after voting.
When I was researching this I found that a really strong majority of people want to die at home where they are comfortable. In-home options are necessary imo.
Yeah I am for that too, with some guidance. Exit bags, prescription assisted, etc.

Not for the people who have no other options but hanging, shooting, drowning, etc. Seen it all.

I've seen hangings of all types, shootings from 22 cal, 12 gauge to rifle rounds, drowning, ODing, car crashes, jumpers, all of it.

What makes you think people owe it to society to keep living? I think that's nonsense.

Nothing. I just think that it is in the society's best interests to make them think that.

We tend to forget, in our modern state of affairs, that 99,9% of the time that humans have lived on earth, their existence has been pure shit, from beginning to end.

Humans feeling like they owe a debt of gratitude to their community, was one of the better ways ever invented, to keep them going.

Last edited:
its personal opinion for the poor fucker suffering, nothing to do with anyone else.

Nothing. I just think that it is in the society's best interests to make them think that.
Maybe people can be convinced of that where you live. I don't think the momentum is going to swing back in the other direction over here. We've always claimed to hold up individual liberty, and Americans seem increasingly less inclined to allow religious values and such to impede individual rights.

I could be wrong, but it just seems like a matter of time before we legalize this.

Maybe people can be convinced of that where you live. I don't think the momentum is going to swing back in the other direction over here. We've always claimed to hold up individual liberty, and Americans seem increasingly less inclined to allow religious values and such to impede individual rights.

I could be wrong, but it just seems like a matter of time before we legalize this.

It seems like a matter of time, but it seemed like a matter of time in the 1930's as well, when there was a wide-spread progressive movement in the US advocating euthanasia, abortion, sterilization, eugenics, among other things that were regarded as progressive at the time. The experiments in Nazi Germany, unfortunately, sullied the reputation of that sort of progress for a long time, and led to a traditionalist backlash.

It all depends on whether the current generation is mature enough to handle such concepts. Looking at the seemingly purely business-driven medical profession these days, I'm afraid that I'll have to say no, to that.

If it were just about old people and terminally ill people's suffering being ended, we could all be comfortable with that. But we never seem to be able to moderate ourselves, regarding that.

It seems like a matter of time, but it seemed like a matter of time in the 1930's as well, when there was a wide progressive movement in the US advocating euthanasia, abortion, sterilization, eugenics, among other things that were regarded as progressive at the time. The experiments in Nazi Germany, unfortunately, sullied the reputation of that sort of progress for a long time, and led to a traditionalist backlash.

It all depends on whether the current generation is mature enough to handle such concepts. Looking at the seemingly purely business-driven medical profession these days, I'm afraid that I'll have to say no, to that.

If it were just about old people and terminally ill people's suffering being ended, we could all be comfortable with that. But we never seem to be able to moderate ourselves, regarding that.
There are some major differences in what our society is okay with now versus in the 1930s, ranging from what substances we allowed people to consume all the way to who we let them sleep with, much less marry. While I'm for assisted suicide, I'd be happy to postpone that struggle until later if it meant people on their death beds didn't have to go through hell just to satisfy our society's misplaced idea of morality.

Back