Are you a Republican or Democrat? Shame on you

Yes it is because the correlation is so strong these days that it basically borders on causation. If you look at any ballot, the amount of outliers are few to none. If you're a conservative Republican, you're going to find few Democrats who represent your views. If you're a liberal Democrat, you're going to find few Republicans who represent your views. Therefore, the corresponding candidate from each major party almost always represents your views better than the other.
Exactly. I am still waiting for Viva to get back with examples where he would vote for an R over a D in the next midterm considering he is self described economically progressive and socially libertarian.

This stupid "everything is the same," argument is only made by people who lack the basic understanding of our current politics. It is a mask to hide ignorance. Educate yourself and vote however you feel benefits you or the nation as a whole. But don't complain about people having established beliefs just because they took the time to develop them.

Ok, how about a Texas Democrat, or California Republican, for state office?

Still doesn't matter?

I can't speak for the Texas Democrats, but centrist Republican Arnold Schwarzenegger is probably the most sane and progressive CA governor we have in our lifetime.

I of course use the word "progressive" with its literally meaning base on "progress", not in the way the crazy loons in Seattle try to slap that badge on all the insane shit they do.

Arnold getting rid of Extreme Partisan Gerrymandering in California is what I consider REAL progress. Jerry Brown and his buddies in San Francisco agreed to decriminalize the willful transmission of AIDS is not.

If Centrist Republicans and Centrist Democrats have the guts to form their own centrist party and keep the sane policies from both sides of the isle while discard the extremes, they will have no problem soaking up the votes from the 1/3 of Americans who are already registered as Independents, plus probably half of the registered Republican and Democratic voters who are disgusted with their parties, but brainwashed to think that they have no choice but to bend over and be sodomized by the "lesser of the two evils".

Last edited:
Back