Are you a Republican or Democrat? Shame on you

Nope. I have been a low info Dem, a low info rep, a free market libertarian, and I am now a economic progressive/social libertarian.

Been posting here for about 10 years, and have well over 10,000 hours spent on my political education.

I know enough, to know I know nothing.

20,000 post on Sherdog is not an education. It just makes you another Sherdogger.

20,000 post on Sherdog is not an education. It just makes you another Sherdogger.

You think this is my first account. I easily have 60,000 posts here.

Just another sherdogger.....fucking legend brah.

If you are in a state with closed primaries and you don't register for either party you are losing an opportunity to shape politics.
I agree with TS' sentiment, I vote for policy (though the two main parties are different, I won't vote for someone based on party alone, there must be substance) though this is also true. This is why open primaries and rank choice voting need to be a thing.

But globalism has and still does only increase America's influence, not decrease it. All these global institutions, who do you think really runs them? Its more or less America that decides what they do. If they get too cheeky with us we threaten to back out of them which defangs them. The UN can't do anything of significance without American's approval. Notice how virtually the entire world condemns the Israeli occupation and yet Israel has been able to rely on one ally, the US, to shield it diplomatically. That's not an accident.

That's the Shyamalan twist at the end of the globalist rabbit-hole. There's no Jews or lizard people pulling the levers, its us. You've basically bought the American propaganda that these institutions are truly global and not just Western dominated ones directed primarily by America.

I don't understand why people fight globalism. It has single handedly brought about the longest period of peace and prosperity. Yeah, the prosperity hasn't been distributed very well. The more intertied the economies are the less bullshit happens. The only saving grace of corporations is that they generally don't want conflict.

I don't understand why people fight globalism. It has single handedly brought about the longest period of peace and prosperity. Yeah, the prosperity hasn't been distributed very well. The more intertied the economies are the less bullshit happens. The only saving grace of corporations is that they generally don't want conflict.

I agree it makes for less wars between world powers, but it is like nukes. It works until it doesn't, and then it seems like the worst idea anyone ever had.

Globalism has benefits. It also has some very serious tail risk, and we never had a vote or an informed debate.

The phrase, the consent of the governed, comes to mind as a partial explanation for my opposition to manufactured globalism.

What if I told you, they were both lying?

Call that being black pilled yo.

Btw, I really hope you were joking, because this is how we end up with team white people.

I mean.... if being white is your main ideology then yeah youd vote team white people.

And they arent both lying. You can clearly see policy difference with each when they are in power.

I mean.... if being white is your main ideology then yeah youd vote team white people.

And they arent both lying. You can clearly see policy difference with each when they are in power.

It isn't at all, but if it is about teams, I'm obviously on team white people. At least that is what the mirror tells me.

It isn't at all, but if it is about teams, I'm obviously on team white people. At least that is what the mirror tells me.

Is that the platform most important to you? Vote for a white candidate. Its not my most important issue, or even really close so im not concerned.

Is that the platform most important to you? Vote for a white candidate. Its not my most important issue, or even really close so im not concerned.

I'm saying that this is the logical conclusion, to breaking into teams.

I'm not on a team, unless we are playing sports.

Don't know why you would be proud of voting for an Israeli first'er.

It's going to be really interesting seeing the progressive left call out Israel loving Democrats over the next few years. I wouldn't be surprised if they layed low talking about Israel in general. The war between the establishment and progressives isn't over. It's still a big problem that's going to for sure get worst.

It's going to be really interesting seeing the progressive left call out Israel loving Democrats over the next few years. I wouldn't be surprised if they layed low talking about Israel in general. The war between the establishment and progressives isn't over. It's still a big problem that's going to for sure get worst.

It hasn't even started yet. Wait til the Dems regain power. This is why they feared organizing people. They will have to deal with this after they win.

Trump is lucky. His supporters believe a political Messiah is coming to save them, and went home and sat on the couch again. That isn't going to happen for Dems if it is Bernie or Warren.

It hasn't even started yet. Wait til the Dems regain power. This is why they feared organizing people. They will have to deal with this after they win.

Trump is lucky. His supporters believe a political Messiah is coming to save them, and went home and sat on the couch again. That isn't going to happen for Dems if it is Bernie or Warren.

And Conservatives will continue to debate which candidate loves Israel the most as they do every 4 years. "He doesn't respect Israel as much as me!"

It's pathetic.

If you are still a Republican or a Democrat, shame on you. Shame, shame, shame!

I don't care if you support individual Republicans or Democrats if you can tell me exactly why you support those people. If you can point to specific statements, or policies that candidate supports, I am fine with that.

However, if you have ever checked a box on a ballot because of the letter next to that name, shame on you. If you plan on doing so in the future, not just shame, but piss on you.

You are a traitor to this nation if you vote up and down ticket for a party.

Discuss........

This is the problem - it's called hedging your bets, and it's done for a very good reason.

fortune5-4074.png

I'm saying that this is the logical conclusion, to breaking into teams.

I'm not on a team, unless we are playing sports.

Thats simply not true. It is the logical conclusion if race is your primary voting consideration.

Politics is also a team game. Notice how there is 2 teams competing. Jill Stein will never write a heathcare bill. Because she isnt on one of the teams. Kinda like how i will never win the superbowl, because i am not on a team.

And Conservatives will continue to debate which candidate loves Israel the most as they do every 4 years. "He doesn't respect Israel as much as me!"

It's pathetic.

The funny part is that on the alt right, which is Trump's base, it is split between Israel will bring Christ back, and 1488'ers.

I mean I don't like Israel, but that has to do with the government of Israel's actions, specifically within the borders of my country. I fucking hate me some Israeli government, but I draw the line way before Mein Kumpf.

Thats simply not true. It is the logical conclusion if race is your primary voting consideration.

Politics is also a team game. Notice how there is 2 teams competing. Jill Stein will never write a heathcare bill. Because she isnt on one of the teams. Kinda like how i will never win the superbowl, because i am not on a team.

No. The first thing I do, if we are breaking into teams, is to look around and see who my team mates are by looking for the same jersey.

You give people too much credit. At our core, we are still dumb monkeys. The lizard brain, our fight or flight mechanism, and basic evolutionary traits are not something you can wish away.

At some point people are going to start looking around for those wearing the same uniform.

Shame on me, I vote for every libertarian on a ballot (including Gary Johnson the past two elections) regardless of who they are.

Shame on me.

So you vote for the 1 libertarian candidate every other election, that shows up on your ballot?

If you are a serious libertarian, I hope you have been writing in names, because the two party monopoly certainly isn't going to make it easy for you, by actually putting 3rd party candidates on a ballot.

I agree it makes for less wars between world powers, but it is like nukes. It works until it doesn't, and then it seems like the worst idea anyone ever had.

Globalism has benefits. It also has some very serious tail risk, and we never had a vote or an informed debate.

The phrase, the consent of the governed, comes to mind as a partial explanation for my opposition to manufactured globalism.

You are over simplifying everything. We have had the greatest peace in modern times. This graph is logarithmic so it makes these meat grinder conflicts look less pronounced.

ourworldindata_wars-long-run-military-civilian-fatalities-from-brecke1.0.png

Back