Are you a physically fit man? Ready for action? | Page 6

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Steven_Universe, Apr 14, 2018.

1. j123 Pro Sherdogger 500-0-1

j123
    I'm so deadly, every single limb and joint is a registered weapon in 190 countries

2. thetruth2709 Red Belt

thetruth2709
    lol I think Im in very good shape, I run, I lift almost daily....but I would be the last person you want to be next to in a fight... lol fuck that, you are on your own buddy!

3. Ichibanner Green Belt

Ichibanner
    I've been pondering the OP's question lately as I've aged and gotten "out of shape". I never won a fight because I was the "badder" dude. I won because all humans have weaknesses and I go for them. Like my Dad said; "Even the biggest guy has to be able to breathe and see to fight". Having typed that, the easiest way to survive is to avoid fights.

4. NickNick Black Belt

NickNick
    I run. So if the action is running for hours at a decent pace, then yes.

5. Swoliosis Black Belt

Swoliosis
    I can say I’m in decent shape and relatively strong. Have a grappling background. Not enough to win the olympics or BJJ championships but enough to wreck people much bigger than me who have little or no training.

6. squeezewax Brown Belt

squeezewax
    I'm 59 and in terrible shape.
    Actually i was thinking of this type of thing earlier. I was wondering if young guys were much fitter back in the pre-WWII days?
    My dad put his age up to join the British Army when it looked like war was going to happen. I imagine he was a lot fitter and less pampered than i was at that age, i was spoilt tbh.
    I don't know why but i'm assuming people were a lot more fitter and harder than the late-teens and early twenties of 2018.
    I don't think most of us would be able to survive in a conflict.

7. cooks1 No matter where you go-there you are

cooks1
    Old (49) out of shape overweight former D-1 wrestler (I was not competitive) with about 10 years BJJ and MMA training. Unlike a lot of wrestlers that were not that good in their college days, I did actually continue wrestling after college and did actually find tournaments to 'compete' in until my mid 30's.

Some firearms experience, but I no longer own one.

In terms of hand to hand- I'd put myself in the top 10% of my middle age suburbanite peer group. But there are definitely a few active military in the neighborhood that could do me in without much trouble.

8. Medulla Omoplata Brown Belt

Medulla Omoplata
    my fingers hurt

9. Metusalemi Brown Belt

Metusalemi
    My lumbago says "No!".

tonysmasseuse likes this.
  10. plataoplombo Orange Belt

plataoplombo
    Deployed twice, very comfortable in an urban environment. So in a gun fight I feel my chances are pretty good that I'll make it out alive. Very fast for my size, but I got 3-5min in the tank before I'm done. I'll more than likely ambush someone and take them out quickly.

11. CoolB Black Belt

CoolB
    Not in the best phyical shape really but I can chop wood with the best of them.

12. NHB7 Gold Belt

NHB7
    I think I’m in average shape. Plenty of martial arts training though. And a great thing about martial arts training is if you know what you’re doing, you can maximize your strength and endurance against someone much stronger and more fit than you who doesn’t know what he is doing.

Never shot a gun.

13. StotheQ Blue Belt

StotheQ
    Completely out of shape. play hockey twice a week thinking it would help, it only reminds me how useless i am.

Shot a gun for the first time 2 years ago. Find that i close my eyes most of the time when i squeeze the trigger. Friends tell me that's how the professionals do it.

I also play a lot of PUBG. So i am basically an expert marksmen.

14. oldshadow Gold Belt

oldshadow
    Ok shape for a old guy, I run 4.5 to 5 miles about 3 times a week with weight. I teach martial arts and work out a couple times a week. I've been doing some type of martial arts all my life. Fought in and out of the ring.

Trained fire arms and used them most of my life. Also other weapons training.

In my youth I have run with all types so I've been in some scraps.

Now I try to get along but I'm too old to play games if you fuck with me.

I'm 6'1" about 180 so I'm ok size wise but people say I'm a lot stronger then my size looks When the roll or lock up with me.

15. Roop Holstry Red Belt

Roop Holstry
    I look to be in great shape because I have good genetics and am naturally lean. In reality I mostly eat like shit, drink way too much, and exercise only 2-3 times a week.

I have a little bjj training and a little sparring experience. It’s enough for me to beat up an average sized guy who doesn’t train because I’m scrappy as fuck. Bigger in shape guys will give me problems because I’m only 5’11 and weigh about 165 give or take.

I avoid fights though because my weak little mind can’t afford to take any more damage.

16. MrPaigeVanZant Olympic Gold Medal

MrPaigeVanZant
    Above average condition- 4 times a week of weightlifting (tough at times due to shoulder and back).
    4 years Marine Corps Infantry
    Some self defense training, but nothing close to the level of many on here.
    Lots of weapons and explosives training

17. JSN #NotMyNelly

JSN
    I'm really out of shape. Can feel myself turning into a gaping vagina by the month.

18. 45ACP I'll Be Back Belt

45ACP
    I have a TKD BB - trained TKD from about 8 yrs old to 15. Started training mma (MT, no-gi BJJ, and wrestling with a bit of judo and karate thrown in for good measure) about 10 years ago.

I also have some formal firearms training and while not an expert in tactics, I have relatively high-level shooting skills (when compared to your average "gun-nut").

I'm 39 years old, 6'0" 170 lbs in great shape, especially for my age (was probably in the best shape of my life about a year or two ago when I was competing in sub-grappling) but I started smoking again recently after having quit for over 10 years, so my cardio is nowhere near where it could be. I also have torn ligaments that need repaired in both wrists and a fucked up shoulder so I haven't trained in a couple months.

So why do you ask TS? Are we starting a revolution?

19. akimbo187 Green Belt

akimbo187
    I bench teh 275 and usually eat a box of donuts after, so you can say I’m pretty much a beast

20. boingyman Purple Belt

boingyman
    For my expectations I'm very out of shape. I'm never been this weak since I was basically 19 years old, which I never thought would ever happen. I've only worked out maybe 2-3 times over the past 3 months. Before that I was maybe going to the gym 1-2x per week, which was already bad. My cardio is actually not too bad though, but I'm just losing muscle. I've always been skinny my entire life up until adulthood since I use to workout consistently since I was 17-18. So for me when I don't workout I just waste away and just get skinnier. Need to get back on track somehow, maybe even to the point where I need to try new ways to workout and focus more on being healthy, staying in shape and maybe aesthetics instead on foucsing on purely strength with a side of aesthetics.