x

Drank 20-40 units a week for 20 years with binges every week or so.

Until this January when I got so drunk I was still pissed 3 days later. Since then even one beer and I'll feel under par the next day.

I'd love to know what I did to myself. :(

Still, now it's just the occasional drink and that's better for my health, bank balance and gains.

I am very rarely drunk but I currently drink every night of the week end.

For example friday 1 liter of beer and half a bottle of wine, then saturday 2/3 of a bottle of wine.

I don t drink during the week nor do I drink hard liquor.

Do you guys think it s alot ? I am starting to question weither it is becoming an issue because come Friday night I really fuckin crave it and the routine I described happens every week.

No. That isn't a lot IMO. You're only having like 4 drinks on Friday and 3 on Saturday. I mean everyone is different but if you can handle not drinking daily and can stop at 3-4 drinks that isn't a big binge drinker IMO.
Binge drinking is being able to finish off 32 ounces of vodka in a 24 hour period for example. Which is like 20+ drinks.

Only after work

I am cutting it back to mostly weekends now. Maybe the odd mid-week jag.

No. That isn't a lot IMO. You're only having like 4 drinks on Friday and 3 on Saturday. I mean everyone is different but if you can handle not drinking daily and can stop at 3-4 drinks that isn't a big binge drinker IMO.
Binge drinking is being able to finish off 32 ounces of vodka in a 24 hour period for example. Which is like 20+ drinks.

Oh sorry I know that it isn't binging. I just wanted to hear impressions about the quantity because it is relatively recent that I drink consistently like that.

I used to only drink at parties but now on top of that I drink at home as mentioned. I got them love handles even if I train like 4 times a week and watch what I eat and it has to be correlated with the wine and beer....

Oh sorry I know that it isn't binging. I just wanted to hear impressions about the quantity because it is relatively recent that I drink consistently like that.

I used to only drink at parties but now on top of that I drink at home as mentioned. I got them love handles even if I train like 4 times a week and watch what I eat and it has to be correlated with the wine and beer....

Ahh, gotcha. Ya alcohol definitely does NOT help when trying to maintain a good physique. And it sounds like you got your drinking under control. Just beware it's a slippery slope if you tend to have an addictive personality. It starts with 1 night, then 2, then can get out of control.

Ahh, gotcha. Ya alcohol definitely does NOT help when trying to maintain a good physique. And it sounds like you got your drinking under control. Just beware it's a slippery slope if you tend to have an addictive personality. It starts with 1 night, then 2, then can get out of control.

All true.

Also, I know that there isn't any science to back that up, but I am convinced that my body stores calories from alcohol differently than say, carbs or fat. All calories are not created equal it seems. At least in my case....

Maybe twice a year I get wrecked. I'm not a big fan of alcohol and it's effects on me.

Yes, I'm kind of a binge everythinger. I gotta force myself to moderate consumption sometimes.

I'm actually the opposite. I don't think I ever start drinking beer anymore when it's dark. It actually gets me going to bed at the normal time, stopping drinking an hour or so before, and drinking water + eating food. Always feel great in the morning. I feel like if I start late, I'd end late, get less sleep, not have water before bed, etc.

I've got to give that a try. Sometimes I get those beer headaches before going to bed.

10-12 beers every Saturday night, is that a binge?

When I drink, I like to get shitfaced. Not done too many binges that stretch across more than 2 days, though.

My most recent was a few months ago, and it was pretty rough. Left the club at 3 on a Friday night, and we got seperated as I ran to a McDonald's to use their toilet. My phone had already died, so I couldn't contact them, and I wasn't wearing a watch, so I had no concept of time.

After running back-and-forth up and down the streets, and deciding they'd already gone home, I ended up waiting at a bus station, until they started running again at about 6am. Turns out, it was the wrong bus, and I ended up near a relatives house. Managed to negotiate a ride home, and got in bed for 8am.

At 1pm, I wake up to a phone call, and a crippling pain in my gut. It was my friends from the night before, who had randomly shown up in my garden. From there, we did it all again, minus the getting seperated part. Never felt so sick in my life.

I am. a remorseless one too. but I eat healthy and work out a lot the rest of the time.

1374.gif

Only drink 1 or 2 times a week, but when I do I drink an amount that would absolutely shock people for my size. When other people would be absolutely belligerent or comatose, I still seem pretty much normal.

I never drink two nights in a row though.

What is the definition of binge drinking?

Has it changed?

I feel like is one of those terms where the definition changes every now and then.

A decade ago: "a drink a day is good for you."

Today: "a drink a day is binge drinking."

When I was in high school, my buddy's sister got busted by her RA for drinking in her dorm. As a result, she had to take a "responsible drinking survey."

Even as a kid, I saw that the survey was bogus. It clearly was nothing more than a way to give the university "proof" that she drinks too much...therefore, giving them the right to expel her while still collecting tuition and room/board fees.

Back