Are you a believer? If so, why?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
I am just sort of in that place in like wanting to find a reason to believe. though I don't really think that it would be rational thing to do. If you are a believer, why?

TL;DR: You're already there -- lack of belief is itself a belief.

Not in anything supernatural, no.
There's no reason to put the weight of my belief on something that there's literally no evidence for.

I am just sort of in that place in like wanting to find a reason to believe. though I don't really think that it would be rational thing to do. If you are a believer, why?
What, religious belief? Not especially. My family was pretty religious and as I get older I DO see the value of it, but it just doesn't speak to me.

If you are talking about religion, I grew up in a Catholic country on a Catholic family, I was baptized and did my first communion, but religion/church never really made sense to me, I never felt I fit in either.

It's been around 15 years now or so that I stopped believing on a superior power, I do believe in my self and being the master of my own destiny, that makes way more sense to me.

Nah. Aint nothing out there.

Religion? Nope. I have a good personal code of conduct, but my actions are not driven by any belief other than my own moral compass.

I haven't ruled out alien life somewhere out there though. Hopefully not gungans.

I am a believer, not sure in what , but I have seen and experienced enough unexplainable stuff to know that something is up...some kind of hidden stuff going on, who knows, maybe it’s God..

Best not loose your time with fairy tales @ TS. You'll end up procrastinating if you lie to yourself that there's another life around the corner, so might as well live this one to the fullest.

Religion? Nope. I have a good personal code of conduct, but my actions are not driven by any belief other than my own moral compass.

I haven't ruled out alien life somewhere out there though. Hopefully not gungans.

Where did your Moral Compass come from?..Morality is deeper that environmental ..

Where did your Moral Compass come from?..Morality is deeper that environmental ..

It mostly is. Anything beyond the preconceptions fed to us as a children is just natural. Even dogs feel sorry for suffering humans.

I follow the teachings of Christ. Not perfectly. Not even close. But everyone has faith in something.

All I can say is that I believe in living a life where I do good and bring happiness to others, which gives me a feeling of content. I go to church a few times a year and while I roll my eyes often at a lot of it, I usually leave with a feeling of peace. I get what I choose to get out of it, not what some guy in a chair tells me to get out of it.

If I die feeling I've done more good than harm then great. If there is a God and he/she is happy all the better.

Back