Are we ok with The Mouse dodging TJ in his own weightclass?

You are. You're saying that rankings are reflective of objective quality. I'm saying that it's a system and people have figured out how to game the system by cherry-picking opponents, achieving as high a ranking as possible, and then refusing to play more in order to lock in that ranking. Just like in MMA.

ELO ratings, which were originally developed to rate chess players, actually have a much greater predictive power and thus are statistically closer to reality than the official rankings
you still here crying?
thought you said you were done...

Oh, and BTW. ELO ratings are not for tourneys only...

thank you for your participation. you get a trophy, so you don't feel too bad about your effort.

73b.png

you still here crying?
thought you said you were done...

Oh, and BTW. ELO ratings are not for tourneys only...

thank you for your participation. you get a trophy, so you don't feel too bad about your effort.

73b.png

I didn't say I was done. I'm actually really enjoying watching you flail around desperately

It happening just means the champion accepted the fight. It is not evidence that the champion is required to take the fight like you guys are saying is the case.
What says 'they don't have to take the fight'.

You are looking for a pretty silly thing.

WTF is the Champions contract for if not to fight all comers in their division?

If a champ can start saying NO for any reason then they can say NO for all reasons. Oh that guys look tough, NO.

You can't pretend they can only say NO to someone moving up or down a division into their division as that is not written anywhere. You are just allowing him to make an arbitrary choice based on something you agree with. That is not a basis for any type of consistency.

They absolutely can. This happens all the time. No idea what you are talking about.
NO they cannot and it does not if that is the fight the UFC wants to put forth. They can make it difficult by saying they are taking a holiday or break or going for surgery as Anderson tried all of the above to avoid Sonnen the second time and Weidman the first time, but if the UFC is intent on saying that is your next opponent all you can do is sit out and never fight. They cannot force you to fight but they insist on who you will fight IF you fight next. Anderson found that out the hard way when he was FORCED to fight both. Jones was forced to fight both SOnnen and Belfort despite not wanting to and knowing it was no win situation in each fight.

Now most times the UFC will not force the issue though. But that is different than a Champ refusing.

Champions are only required to fight real #1 contenders and can be stripped if they don't. TJ is not in the division and is therefore not a #1 contender.
I actually wish this was true but it is false. The UFC does not follow any official rankings or agency when it comes to title fights. They loosely use their own when it suits them. I would like to see a formal ranking structure put forth so guys like Jones are not forced to fight Sonnens and Belforts.

Let's say TJ had came down and taken a top spot in the division. I bet you DJ could not refuse the fight then. That's because there is a clear difference here that you all are pretending doesn't exist.
I am not pretending that there is no difference between someone who has earned his way up in the division and those who get to Cue jump for popularity or other reasons such as being a champ in the division above or below.

I recognize the UFC has different rules and even if I would prefer other rules the UFC is consistent with their rules. They have always allowed popular fighters, particularly Champs, or former champs to jump up or down a division and into an immediate title shot without first earning their ranking in the other division.

BJ did it. Edgar did it. Couture did it. And others did it. Had Anderson in his prime said he wanted Jones at LHW or GSP at WW he would have instantly got that fight whether he was proven in that division or not. Same for GSP had he wanted to challenge Anderson for the MW belt.

Jones was never forced to fight Sonnen. They did a show for crying out loud. Your examples are ridiculous. GSP vs. Bisping? Who was forced to fight who in that fight? No one.
Jones stated many times he did not want either the Sonnen or Belfort fights as they were no win for him. He was right. The biggest knock guys like to throw at Jones and his record was that LHW was so weak he had to beat up MW's when in fact there were LHW contenders far more worthy that were put aside to force Jones to fight those guys.

GSP V Bisping proves that it is not necessary for a fighter to first take a fight in teh division for the UFC to put him up as the next contender. So you stating that SHOULD be the case is not in fact what IS the case.

That still doesn't justify ducking TJ. TJ doesn't need to come down to 125, Mighty Mouse can fight just this one fight at 135. Its called a superfight! Turning down a big money fight vs a slightly bigger guy when he's faced even bigger people makes no sense at all.

Big money fight? but neither are draws MM especially has dismal viewer ratings and the fight fell apart because dana didnt want to pay them. Also theres a reason MMMM doesn't fight at 135 he's too small. Just like Tj is too small for 145. I wanna see the fight too but let s be real about it.

It would have been pretty silly for DJ to originally accept the TJ bout for no pay increase one week before Conor/Floyd.

Everyone likes to quote Dana's "We were going to give him PPV points" line, while ignoring that those PPV points wouldn't have been worth anything.

Now that DJ's got his contract renegotiated, I think the fight will happen soon. Maybe this year.

I just find it funny how people assume DJ is just straight scared of TJ when he’s said he’d fight him under the right situation (money, weight etc) and that he’s fought half of his career at that weight. It’s legit laughable how dumb some of the people here on these forums are.

I just find it funny how people assume DJ is just straight scared of TJ when he’s said he’d fight him under the right situation (money, weight etc) and that he’s fought half of his career at that weight. It’s legit laughable how dumb some of the people here on these forums are.

We are talking about a simple defense of the belt. There should be no special circumstance whatsoever. He’s not being asked to move up. It’s a title defense. He is attaching special circumstances because he is scared of losing. Otherwise he would simply accept the fight. What champion refuses to fight a challenger when the UFC is trying to set it up? That’s pathetic.

lmao no. You're dumb as hell boy. Can't even read can you? This account isn't that old.

*12 hours, you started at 9am and was still on 12 yrs later. You responded this time Damn near 4 am. Why are you here everyday ALL DAY if this place is a shit hole. Talking bout, "you dumb as hell

Boy!!!!"<YeahOKJen>

You sound gay as fuck Bitch. Lame ass. You went from talking like a wigga, back to BRad quick af. You stopped saying Shershitter bcuz no 1 laughed at that either.

"The Candadian Blanket," where is that funny? That's when we KNEW what you looked like.roflmao<TheWire1>

We are talking about a simple defense of the belt. There should be no special circumstance whatsoever. He’s not being asked to move up. It’s a title defense. He is attaching special circumstances because he is scared of losing. Otherwise he would simply accept the fight. What champion refuses to fight a challenger when the UFC is trying to set it up? That’s pathetic.

Lots of champions have.

I fully believe MM knows TJ will beat him. Likely knock him out. MM has no hope in that fight and he knows it.

MM demanded 2 million but then is willing to rematch that wrestler dude for his normal pay.....cowardice. Dana just pay him the 2 million so we can get this done and over with

You cunts are hilarious.

MM doesn't want his ass kicked. Plain & simple. 99.9% of you bad asses in here wouldn't fuck with someone who you knew would smash your ass either. Who wakes up and says "I know without a shadow of a doubt that dude would beat me the fuck down but I wanna fight him anyway" ???

Eddie, Conor, Tito, Germaine, Bisping are some of the champions that have dodged and refused to fight the number one contender in the weight class they held the belt in.

If a champ can start saying NO for any reason then they can say NO for all reasons. Oh that guys look tough, NO.
I don't agree with that either. If the person is in their division. Which TJ isn't.
You can't pretend they can only say NO to someone moving up or down a division into their division as that is not written anywhere. You are just allowing him to make an arbitrary choice based on something you agree with. That is not a basis for any type of consistency.
Fighters can and do say no frequently to fights. It is only the champions that are required to defend the belt. I don't know exactly how this is written, if you have it then feel free to link it but what I have heard fighters say is a champion must defend against legitimate contenders. This is kind of common sense. They can't hold the belt hostage. MM is always willing to fight the real contenders in his division so the UFC has no justification to strip him. TJ is not a legitimate contender. This is just being rational.
NO they cannot and it does not if that is the fight the UFC wants to put forth.
I believe I said that fighters in general turn down fights all the time. That is just a fact. Are you seriously trying to deny that?
They can make it difficult by saying they are taking a holiday or break or going for surgery as Anderson tried all of the above to avoid Sonnen the second time and Weidman the first time, but if the UFC is intent on saying that is your next opponent all you can do is sit out and never fight. They cannot force you to fight but they insist on who you will fight IF you fight next. Anderson found that out the hard way when he was FORCED to fight both. Jones was forced to fight both SOnnen and Belfort despite not wanting to and knowing it was no win situation in each fight.
And I am agreeing that champions can be forced to fight real contenders like Weidman was for Anderson. This is not the case for DJ and look what happened. He didn't want to fight TJ and he didn't. Seems to back up what I am saying doesn't it?
I actually wish this was true but it is false. The UFC does not follow any official rankings or agency when it comes to title fights. They loosely use their own when it suits them. I would like to see a formal ranking structure put forth so guys like Jones are not forced to fight Sonnens and Belforts.
They can make whatever fight they want but they still recognize the top contenders in the division.
I am not pretending that there is no difference between someone who has earned his way up in the division and those who get to Cue jump for popularity or other reasons such as being a champ in the division above or below.
I recognize the UFC has different rules and even if I would prefer other rules the UFC is consistent with their rules. They have always allowed popular fighters, particularly Champs, or former champs to jump up or down a division and into an immediate title shot without first earning their ranking in the other division.
I agree that they have done that and still try to do that. Now show me where they have ever stripped a champion who was willing to fight the guy who earned the number one contender spot?
Jones stated many times he did not want either the Sonnen or Belfort fights as they were no win for him. He was right. The biggest knock guys like to throw at Jones and his record was that LHW was so weak he had to beat up MW's when in fact there were LHW contenders far more worthy that were put aside to force Jones to fight those guys.
Provide a link that shows that Jones was forced to fight Sonnen. Seems like he was fine with it since he did a television show with him.
GSP V Bisping proves that it is not necessary for a fighter to first take a fight in teh division for the UFC to put him up as the next contender. So you stating that SHOULD be the case is not in fact what IS the case.
I have never made that claim so I don't know who you are arguing with.
Bisping and GSP wanted to fight each other. That's the whole point here. The fighters usually want these fights because it makes them more money. DJ is not being offered the money he wants and therefore is not interested.

Last edited:
I fully believe MM knows TJ will beat him. Likely knock him out. MM has no hope in that fight and he knows it.

MM demanded 2 million but then is willing to rematch that wrestler dude for his normal pay.....cowardice. Dana just pay him the 2 million so we can get this done and over with

You claim it's about money and then say he is a coward? Weird logic.

If I was in the UFC I wouldn't fight someone out of my division either unless I got paid to do it. It's kind of common sense.

There's a reason mm is neck and neck with Nunes in PPV sales.

I think that says more about us as fans to not watch the more exciting fighters out there.
Johnson has 7 "of the night awards" in his last 11 fights and has finished 7 in that timeframe as well.

Nunes has only gone to a decision 3 times in a 20 fight career.

Big money fight? but neither are draws MM especially has dismal viewer ratings and the fight fell apart because dana didnt want to pay them. Also theres a reason MMMM doesn't fight at 135 he's too small. Just like Tj is too small for 145. I wanna see the fight too but let s be real about it.
Didn't I just say Mighty Mouse should fight only TJ at 135 for a superfight. He doesn't have to fight anyone else at 135 because they're too big. If Dodson won the belt off of TJ, I know for a fact that DJ would take that superfight in a heartbeat. It looks like he just enjoys smashing cans to strengthen his legacy which is based purely off of statistics and records rather than actual quality wins. He just wants to fight bums.

Well, TJ has been on a tear at 125, how could you possibly deny him a ts?
It doesn't have to be at 125. It could be a superfight at 135. Now I know DJ isn't the biggest fighter there is but he had no problem fighting John Dodson, who weighs more than TJ. It doesn't even make sense.

Back