Are we ok with The Mouse dodging TJ in his own weightclass?

I'm glad he ducked
The less attention that shit weight class gets the better
Hopefully they'll dissolve it soon and Mouse will be forced to kick rocks or fight the likes of TJ and Cody @ 135

I'm glad he ducked
The less attention that shit weight class gets the better
Hopefully they'll dissolve it soon and Mouse will be forced to kick rocks or fight the likes of TJ and Cody @ 135
Lol 125 is only getting more attention now. All everyone ever talks about is DJ nowadays. They won't get rid of anything.

MM wanted a ridiculous amount of money that he is not worth to fight TJ. He is content with making peanuts and fighting jobbers.

For MM to truly be known as a transcendental champion he needs to push himself into greater challenges. Clearing out his division is fine but it’s been done before by others. Doing what DC did or Conor would be a testament of his greatness.

I’m not a fan and his fights bore the fuck out of me. Yet it sucks to see someone who is top 3 P4P be a bottom draw and relatively unknown to causal viewers.

It also rubs me the wrong way when he complains about his pay. Realistically he’s not doing anything that fans are paying to see yet wants to be paid as if he were. You want to rematch 2 or 3 of the same opponents each year that we know you can beat you’re gonna get paid your 200k.

You mean that thing that DJ never said? In fact he said the exact opposite!
https://www.gq.com/story/the-real-life-diet-of-ufcs-demetrious-johnson

Cutting weight is one of the things that has always fascinated me. How close to 125 pounds do you usually stay?

It all depends. You know, last night I had two beers and four slices of pizza and five apple empanadas and I woke up at 143 pounds. I can eat whatever I want and I don’t get over 145 pounds. A lot of the guys who fight at 125 pounds, they get pretty big and when it gets closer to the fight, they’re walking around at 135 pounds. For me, I try to stay the same weight I typically walk around at. I’ll show up to a fight week on a Tuesday weighing 138, 140 pounds. I only have to weigh 125 pounds for like, one second. So when I jump on the scale and they yell, “125!” Then I can blow back up. Come fight night I’ll weigh 140 pounds. That’s how I run my style. Like I said, a lot of people blow up to 150 or even 160 pounds, then they have a hard time cutting more weight. But I stay at a pretty consistent weight, so when I make that 15 pound cut, it’s not such a drastic change where my body is like, “What’s going on?” I just gotta shed 15 pounds of water and then I’ll put it back on, don’t you worry.

Go back to your room and think about ways that you can fix your idiocy, child.

Right there, even in this article, it says 145.

Not get back to telling your mom to leave me alone.

Right there, even in this article, it says 145.

Not get back to telling your mom to leave me alone.
I don’t get over 145 pounds.

I’ll show up to a fight week on a Tuesday weighing 138, 140 pounds

did TJ ever go down to his weight, and didnt he JUST win the belt with no defenses in his fight before he called out might midget? I guess I could see why he would deserve a shot if TJ actually held and defended and was a dominant champion like MM. but didn't he lose his first defense to a knee-less Cruz? I haven't really followed these guys in a while so my details could be off,

Your details are off. And in this case knowing the details is essential to grasping the big picture.

TJ defended twice before facing Cruz, then lost a very questionable decision which had a tremendous impact on fans perception of TJ.

If you follow the actual scoring criteria, which gives no "points" for defense or grappling which does not lead to effective striking or positional advance, and only even considers the primary scoring factors in the correct order - striking*, grappling* aggression, octagon control- then TJ should have sons that fight, having landed the harder, cleaner, more effective strikes in a fight consisting almost exclusively of striking.

Now if TJ was awarded that decision, as the scoring criteria should support, he would be a 6x defending champ on an 8 fight win streak with wins over all of the top BWs, putting him where he belongs at the top of the P4P rankings, where it would make perfect sense to face the #1-2 guy (DC was just bumped up to 1) in his weight class, for the chance to become champ champ and prove P4P dominance.

One questionable decision changed everything and turned the division upside down. While Dom fought Faber who beat an unranked fighter to get his 6th title shot, TJ took out HIGHER RANKED Assuncao and Lineker. Both were infinitely more deserving of title shots that Uriah. If these fights were counted as the title defenses they should rightly have been 6x, meet defending champ TJ Dillishaw who at the time would have held wins over the 4 of the top 5 at BW, Dom, Barao, Assuncao, Lineker.

*if a round is primarily contested striking then striking is the primary factor, grappling would only be considered if it was the primary factor of a round or if striking was absolutely even.

And TJs last loss before that was ALSO A QUESTIONABLE SPLIT DECISION. If he got 1 MORE POINT against Assuncao in their first fight.... 12 fight winning streak right behind MM who has 13 straight (and refuses to risk his streak by fighting TJ in MM's own weight class)

Last edited:
And TJs last loss before that was ALSO A QUESTIONABLE SPLIT DECISION. If he got 1 MORE POINT against Assuncao in their first fight.... 12 fight winning streak right behind MM who has 13 straight (and refuses to risk his streak by fighting TJ in MM's own weight class)
Too bad that's not the case and TJ lost. He can settle for his 3 fight winning streak tho.

Are we okay with TJ calling out the guy a weight class below him before fighting Moraes/Assuncao/Cruz?

Too bad that's not the case and TJ lost. He can settle for his 3 fight winning streak tho.
A simple minded reply which assumes MMA judges are infallible.

Anyone who knows a damn thing about MMA should recognize TJs abilities as extremely elite with relative ease.

A simple minded reply which assumes MMA judges are infallible.

Anyone who knows a damn thing about MMA should recognize TJs abilities as extremely elite with relative ease.
You were not speaking on TJ's abilities. You were saying that TJ's losses should be ignored and thus he should be allowed to fight DJ.

You are basing TJ's accomplishments on hypothetical scenarios and not reality. TJ lost. It is a simple as that but that has nothing to do with a fight against DJ. TJ has never (and will never) made 125. He is not a contender in any sense of the word.

If he wants to try (and fail) to make 125 and fight a FLW ranker to earn a title shot then he can give it his best effort.

"Conor cut weight to fight smaller guys! What a scumbag!"
"TJ is cutting weight to fight a smaller man! Lets dick ride!"
shershitters lmfao
If you don't shut ya wannabe an American Hip Hop gangsta ass up, somebody who didn't grow up on 1 of the friendliest places on the planet is gonna tell you about yourself. You keep using this "shershitter" term like it is even slightly funny to anyone but ya bitchass, and then talking about people getting "bodied." Mfr, if you REALLY grew up around ppl losing their lives in the street some dumb ass "American street slang" wouldn't fascinate you so much, but I can't listen or read your impressions of what you THINK a tough guy sounds like any longer.

You want a played out bit of American slang that applies to you???

Stop it FIVE<LikeReally5><LikeReally5><TheWire1><TheWire1><TheWire1>

We get it, you're from the mean streets of Canada Bruh.<YeahOKJen>

TJ hasn't fought at 125 last I checked, if he's serious about wanting that fight he should fight someone else there to show he can make weight. Or fight DJ for the belt at 135. Neither of those things will happen because he's an opportunistic snake and just wants a no-lose situation where he isn't putting skin in the game.

TJ (not a fan of his btw) was ready to go down to mouse poop weight and fight The Mouse but it never materialized. I find that extremely offputting.
I find your ignorance of what happened extremely offputting as well.
But I guess I have to accept that dumbasses like you exist!

I find your ignorance of what happened extremely offputting as well.
But I guess I have to accept that dumbasses like you exist!

what happened? DJ asked for more money than Conor knowing ufc would turn im down.

Back