Are we ever gonna see these guys become champions in the UFC?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
What's your opinion guys... (why or why not) do you see these fighters becoming champion in the UFC at some point?

Barboza
ko-barboza-dariush.gif

Maia
2nbrjmf_medium.gif

Mousasi
Weidman-Mousasi-Knee.gif

Gustafsson
sGpFwmv.gif

Its possible,gus could probably get anthor 3 title shots at lhw with how shallow it is,so id say he is most likely to become a champion

Mousasi barely won by decision over NYSAC so, no. Would be great to see Gus win it though. Can you imagine if JBJ beat DC and we got Gus Jones II?

Best shot is Maia. I think he'll submit Jorge within 2 rounds. Could see him doing the same to woodley.
Gus maybe, but not against DC. the wrestling and clinch game of DC is too much for Gus. He did better against Jones, as hard as that is to believe.
Edson, prob not.
Gegard, possible, depending on the champ. I think Yoel and Rockhold beat him. Maybe Whittaker as well.

I would love to see Barboza get a crack but he needs a big win and he is behind Fergo and Khabib in the queue

I would like to see JDS vs Gustafsson for the HW belt.

Barboza and Gus no.
Moose and Maia possibly.

Gus already beat Jones once before.

I wouldn't rule any of them out. Seems like Maia and Mousasi will have a tougher time getting the shot in the first place than winning once they get there. Gus's division is in a state where he could be in at any time. Edson is dynamic & flashy but his division is crowded. Who knows.

None will be champion because credible wins are no longer play a factor in title shots. Thanks to that fucking Bum Conor McGregor set the stupid bar standard to "Who can sell fights" with running their mouths.

Gus, hopefully.

Gus has the best chance, because all he has to do is beat Glover and he is in title talks, and he will fight for the belt after DC's next title fight.

Maia has the second best chance, because he has to beat Masvidal, but the UFC will probably wait for GSP vs Bisping to be decided.

Mousasi has the third best chance, but it depends on GSP vs Bisping. If GSP wins, the MW division will be in shambles, with no legitimacy. If Bisping wins, Mousasi will have to wait for an American fighter to win the belt, before the UFC will even consider giving him a title shot.

Barbosa is last on the list. Honestly, he will only get a title shot on short notice.

Gus has the best chance, because all he has to do is beat Glover and he is in title talks, and he will fight for the belt after DC's next title fight.

Maia has the second best chance, because he has to beat Masvidal, but the UFC will probably wait for GSP vs Bisping to be decided.

Mousasi has the third best chance, but it depends on GSP vs Bisping. If GSP wins, the MW division will be in shambles, with no legitimacy. If Bisping wins, Mousasi will have to wait for an American fighter to win the belt, before the UFC will even consider giving him a title shot.

Barbosa is last on the list. Honestly, he will only get a title shot on short notice.
If both win do you think they will make the rematch between DC and Gus this soon?

If both win do you think they will make the rematch between DC and Gus this soon?
I believe if Gus beats Glover, his next fight will probably be a title fight. If Jones beats DC, then Gus' chances of getting a title fight will be even higher.

If DC beats Jones, then Manuwa will probably be considered for DC's next defense along with Gus.

Gus is the best chance for a title shot, especially if he beats Glover. The rest of the fighters on the list are in much more complicated politics.

For example, after beating Chris Weidman, the MMA media painted Mousasi as the guy who controversially won, and all the promotion was about how Chris Weidman is a tough fighter who was cheated because the NYSAC doesn't know what it's doing.

The MMA media set Mousasi back with that type of reporting. Mousasi needs a convincing victory soon, to become a contender. Similar to the way Masvidal destroyed Cerrone after the Ellenberger fiasco.

Back