Are we already in a recession?

The real estate market here is going crazy. My company is going to have the highest revenue yet, and we are still going to have highest profits after doing a shitload of remodeling.

No, I just like facts. Unfortunately your side doesn't so I'll keep calling people like you out when you spew nonsense with no facts.
I have no side, I simply stated its easy to assume that.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

The sky is falling.

...Eventually.

I have no side, I simply stated its easy to assume that.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

The quote was, "People seem to spending more than ever" and I just asked for facts to back that up. Maybe a little evidence. People like him and probably you will say anything to support your position and I need evidence. If there is something wrong with me for wanting evidence then so be it.

The real estate market here is going crazy. My company is going to have the highest revenue yet, and we are still going to have highest profits after doing a shitload of remodeling.

isnt that just like the last recession?

I just had a supervisors meeting with my companies estimators and owners...commercial construction

We are hiring like crazy to keep up with work /contracts coming up. We will see the largest work load and contracts we’ve ever had in the next 2-3 years(these are contracts already signed ..not projected) . Our company is going to grow bigger then it ever has in next 2-3 years. Our biggest problem is finding enough workers to fill the jobs up.

If the construction industry is any precursor to economic wealth or misery(which we all know it is)...

Frankly put... the op vid is horseshit.

The quote was, "People seem to spending more than ever" and I just asked for facts to back that up. Maybe a little evidence. People like him and probably you will say anything to support your position and I need evidence. If there is something wrong with me for wanting evidence then so be it.
youre not innocent bud. You automatically assumed he was playing politics and doing the left right thing with your comment on "sides"' and then make a sarcastic comment on wal mart shoppers. Now youre playing innocent and acting like "what Ii didnt do nuffin! Only aked for facts.." Just be a fucking man and admit you like stirring up shit and fucking withe people. You wont do that though will you? Cant we all just get along ?

I'm sure you have all the data and metrics to back this up. Or are you just gong by what you observe at your local Wal-Mart?

I go by construction.

More people are building and upgrading, adding dormers then ever before.

Tons of middle eastern and Asian coming over with lots of cash.

These are not your poor immigrants of the past.
Big bucks,

Lots of foundations being dug . Nice mansions being tore down for new.

I'm sure you have all the data and metrics to back this up. Or are you just gong by what you observe at your local Wal-Mart?

And what hurts is, they are given special loans and special incentives to get all this.

Liberals shower them with handouts which is how they get to live in America.

Special car loans, special business loans, special home loans.

Very hush hush. Only for non Americans

You added in an unnecessary walmart comment to try and demean him and you did the same thing to me. You're being passive aggressive and a douche.

I just had a supervisors meeting with my companies estimators and owners...commercial construction

We are hiring like crazy to keep up with work /contracts coming up. We will see the largest work load and contracts we’ve ever had in the next 2-3 years(these are contracts already signed ..not projected) . Our company is going to grow bigger then it ever has in next 2-3 years. Our biggest problem is finding enough workers to fill the jobs up.

If the construction industry is any precursor to economic wealth or misery(which we all know it is)...

What kind of construction? What do you build?

If you're so concerned you post them, I'm just calling you out on being a dickbag and you just keep going.

I go by construction.

Big bucks,

He's just trying to have an informed, rational discourse.

What's the proper way to ask for sources that show that you are accurate in your ability to make sweeping statements about the economy because of the construction you see on your drives to and from wal Mart?

I go by construction.

Big bucks,

Posts like these scare the crap out of me.

Both the technical and fundamentals are pointing to a recession, but businesses and the market are revving up like we are on the verge of an economic boom.

It's like we never learn our lesson. Weren't you guys in the real estate business during the last recession?

Weren't you guys receiving the same indicators?

@ndwolfwood I think this time it's going to be corporate real estate, homeowners with adjustable rate mortgages, credit card debtors, student loaners, car loaners, corporate, municipal, and federal bonds, equities, and a collapse of the dollar, which is why they are pushing cryptocurrencies so hard, even though it is cannibalizing the dollar.

If these industries keep heating up based on the false narrative of economic prosperity, it will increase money velocity (exchanges and transactions), and we are going to get smacked with inflation. Higher prices, less purchasing power through a devalued dollar.

The fed would have to raise rates to curb inflation and encourage saving, but because things are so tight for the average person, and yet our lifestyles and social media personas have been built on cheap money with low interest rates, we will feel the pain when we can't access or pay back the burrowed money we have already spent.

Last edited:
Posts like these scare the crap out of me.

Both the technical and fundamentals are pointing to a recession, but businesses and the market are revving up like we are on the verge of an economic boom.

It's like we never learn our lesson. Weren't you guys in the real estate business during the last recession?

Weren't you guys receiving the same indicators?

@ndwolfwood I think this time it's going to be corporate real estate, homeowners with adjustable rate mortgages, credit card debtors, student loaners, car loaners, corporate, municipal, and federal bonds, equities, and a collapse of the dollar, which is why they are pushing cryptocurrencies so hard, even though it is cannibalizing the dollar.

If these industries keep heating up based on the false narrative of economic prosperity, it will increase money velocity (exchanges and transactions), and we are going to get smacked with inflation. Higher prices, less purchasing power through a devalued dollar.

The fed would have to raise rates to curb inflation and encourage saving, but because things are so tight for the average person, and yet our lifestyles and social media personas have been built on cheap money with low interest rates, we will feel the pain when we can't access or pay back the burrowed money we have already spent.

Your thinking way too much. Simply comes down to tax dollars .

More people ever are using tax based services and being paid taxed paid jobs then there are people contributing.

More people using the school system then Paying school tax.

More people driving on roads and bridges then there are people paying to maintain them.

Lots of people have cash and are doing well, but once the gov runs out of tax dollars the shit trickles down quick

Same people responsible for the tax gap and also sending damaging amounts of cash out of the country then ever seen in history.

There can be very strong arguments that the economy may not be actually doing as well as stocks and investors show, but I don’t think we’re anywhere near a recession at the moment

Back