Are we all in agreement that Hail Mary KO is Conor's only option?

An elite striker stopping an opponent by utilising their elite striking is not what "puncher's chance" means, you absolute goofball.
This. You might as well say Khabib has a “grapplers chance” because if he stands with Conor for longer than 30 seconds he’s going to sleep. When 18 of 21 wins come by TKO/KO you no longer get to call it a “punchers chance”.

It's perfectly conceivable that Conor can land a non-Hail Mary KO, by using superior footwork, angles, and knockout punches.

It's just a matter of how long Khabib stays standing.

Uhh by that logic, Conor should be the underdog in every fight, since KO is primarily how he wins.

he can pick him apart and stop him. hail mary one punch ko is not his only chance.

he can also get dominated on the ground.

al iaquinta had a real estage agent puncher's chance

i think mcgregor has 12 proper chances

It would be funny if Conor touched him the jab and filled the room with uppercuts for the KO.

Conor is the better striker in every way. Much better than just a punchers chance.

Exactly... a "puncher's chance" means you have that ~5% chance of landing one lucky strike.

Conor has proven that he can land big strikes consistently, and he can stop Khabib with volume punches, rather than 1 big shot. By definition "puncher's chance" implies he needs to land that 1 KO punch, which simply is not true.

Watched the chad fight yesterday. Chad took him down early and let him up and in the second had him down for quite a bit. Khabib can avoid the shot and get him down. Will be a long fight. But i feel conor starches him early.

Conor can obviously win this fight but I'm expecting Khabib to basically maul him for 3-4 rounds then choke him out. I think it will be pretty boring actually.

I think Conor needs a stoppage for sure, wouldn't say it would be a hail mary KO though, Conor has top tier accuracy and timing. I think most people are in agreement though that if Khabib makes it to round 3 Conor is highly likely to lose and would need a hail mary at that point in the fight.

I for one do not agree, and im pulling for Khabib

Punches, kicks, whatever. Most of us will assume Conor can stop Khabib if he catches him clean with his elite striking.

However, if we're saying that's his only route to success, then surely Khabib has to be the big favorite, given Conor only has a punchers (or kickers) chance...?

Conor wins this no matter where the fight goes.

The statement "hail mary ko" gives me the impression that you don't understand much about striking and likely don't understand the technical side and tactics of boxing, muay thai and kickboxing or any other striking discipline. A "hail mary ko" comes across as just a wild haymaker or the equivalent for a kick, knee or elbow. It is basically a blind power shot where someone loads up on a single strike, throws and hopes it lands.

You don't seem to factor in that there are multiple components that go into attaining a knockout. That there are strategies and tactics, that there is a need to read the opponents moves and reactions, assess range and timing, use feints and lighter strikes to set the opponent up and bait them into leaving an opening and then the ability to capitalize on it. Saying a fighter has a puncher's or kicker's chance is the same as saying a grappler has a submitter's chance. It is like saying a grappler has a chance to full off a lucky or "hail mary submission" without considering all of the tactics and strategies that go into a grappler attaining a submission. It is reducing skill and strategy to luck and chance.

Conor has an infinite number of ways of winning, he could win with striking, grappling, Allah striking down Khabib because he only prayed 4 times yesterday, you name it.

Punches, kicks, whatever. Most of us will assume Conor can stop Khabib if he catches him clean with his elite striking.

However, if we're saying that's his only route to success, then surely Khabib has to be the big favorite, given Conor only has a punchers (or kickers) chance...?
I don’t think that’s necessarily true. When you’re the dominant striker I don’t think it’s a “punchers chance”. If he can avoid being mauled on the ground by Khabib he has great odds. But who knows, I can’t remember the last time I was so on the fence about who would win a fight. Rooting for Khabib though.

It doesn't look to good for you TS .. not one person in agreement with you..

I won't abuse you .. you have done a good enough job of making yourself look like a cunt..

thats the point i've been trying to make that all conor has to do is use his movement and distance and counter kahbib with solid punches to slow him down and prevent his td's. Conor could back pedal and counter punch kahbib as he's coming in for a td, and move out of the way just in time to land an uppercut or a hook that has enough force to drop kahbib or at least getting him dazed enough that he goes for the finish and ref stops it.

Its not a matter of what happens if kahbib grabs hold of conor, most likely he's going down on his back, however kahbib still has to absorb strikes to get close enough to do that, so the question is how much punishment can he take and if he rushes in will it have any affect if conor lands, so it is possible the one and only time kahbib goes in for a td his opponent times the perfect strike that eventually results in a tko/ko finish.

I want kahbib to win, but you can never count out your opponent and overlook the skill sets they may excel at, all things should be taken into consideration, this is why upsets happen, you just never know.

Back