Are Tyron Lanket Woodley's claims of 'institutional racism' in the UFC legit?

Is the UFC 'institutionally racist' against black fighters?

• Total voters

Concrete Whale

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
iu

He is going big with this now and there doesn't seem to be much evidence or anyone backing him up on it. What do you think Sherdog?

lol no..... didnt this come up back when Rashad was complaining and it turned out everything he said was an exaggeration.

Lankets gonna Lanket.r

edit:

funny thing, I thought the thread title had a typo and Woodley was being cslled a blanket. But to check, I looked him up, and I saw both Lanket and Lakent.

Please advise.

Last edited:
Rumble and Cormier are two of the most liked fighters by both casuals and hardcore fans

annoying turds should be treated like shit...no matter the color

It's not just the UFC according to CryRon. It's the fans as well.

There is evil whiteys lurking around every corner, looking to ever-oppress this poor victim.

That's it 10-1, close shop bros it's been disproven.

No, it's a way of hyping himself and his fights, in turn earning him more money. He knows that the subject of race relations is very controversial and thus demands a lot of attention. And it's working. Woodley has figured out the business aspect of this sport, just like Chael Sonnen and McGregor before him

Unlikely from what I've seen, but his perspective might incline him to believe so.

No, it's a way of hyping himself and his fights, in turn earning him more money. He knows that the subject of race relations is very controversial and thus demands a lot of attention. And it's working. Woodley has figured out the business aspect of this sport, just like Chael Sonnen and McGregor before him
How will this benefit him? You think it will anger white fight fans enough to pay to see his fights? It's a putt off for me.

And like others have said. Many other black fighters are beloved and fan favorites.

I honestly doubt he know what that means. Buzz words he learned from tv and being black

No. Black fighters have done just fine in the UFC. GTFO Tyron

How will this benefit him? You think it will anger white fight fans enough to pay to see his fights? It's a putt off for me.

And like others have said. Many other black fighters are beloved and fan favorites.

A lot will probably tune in in the hopes of seeing him lose. Like Brazilians did with Sonnen.

Mind you, I don't condone Woodley's actions. I think it's absolutely in poor taste and I dislike race being brought into MMA. But the topic draws a lot of attention these days and I see this as his attempt to strike while the iron is hot. If he is serious about all of this, however, then I have lost a huge amount of respect for him.

Edit: I remember he called out fans for finding Bigfoot-Hunt 1 a better fight than Kimbo-Dada because the latter featured black fighters. This shows me that he is not serious

Back