Are there really people who consider GSP one of the GOATs? Or are they just trolling?

The only time GSP is considered a GOAT is when GOAT stands for Greasiest Of All Time.

Any other time is an absolute joke.

GSP is the GOAT. "I don't like the way he wins" is not an argument.

Then again, this is just a counter-troll to that other thread about Jon Jones

Actually, it is, if you watched MMA before a bunch of losers wrote the Unified Rules and f’d it up.
There were better ways to fight and win in other orgs.

Actually, it is, if you watched MMA before a bunch of losers wrote the Unified Rules and f’d it up.
There were better ways to fight and win in other orgs.
Yeah there was never any boring fights in Pride <34>

And who also said Ronda was a “once ever in human history”.
I still say it.

giphy.gif

The fact that you have made numerous threads that are a reflection of your obsession about GSP, is proof enough of his GOAT aura.

"Winning is winning, whether it's by an inch or a mile" - Kenny Florian

Maybe the GOAT is a guy who lived in like the 1600’s or like 2500 B.C.

What do you want to say?

Did she cheat on me?!? :eek:

Nah, if you're getting busy she should be amply wet when you put the nuts to her, lube not necessary. But if you're taking her for a ride on the hershey highway, a little bit of vaseline goes a long way... so... not cheating.

Tap to strikes, by a smaller fighter no less

He also tapped to an armlock, and that's far worse than tapping to strikes. Ask any doctor, the long term consequences of being struck in the head when you're already concussed is far worse than a broken arm. That's why medical associations like the BMA and CMA are trying to ban boxing and MMA, but not judo or BJJ. A broken arm is no big thing medically, modern medicine is very good at patching that up. A severe concussion is a lifelong thing that modern medicine can do nothing with.

Only people with no medical knowledge (or knowledge decades out of date) think tapping to strikes is worse than tapping to locks. And tapping to chokes is even worse, since if you're revived immediately there are almost no consequences, long term or short term. In judo and BJJ people are put to sleep, revived, and continue practice a couple of minutes later.

So if tapping is disqualifying, then tapping to chokes is the worst, then tapping to locks is not quite as bad, then tapping to strikes not as bad as either of those. So if tapping to strikes is a disqualifier for GOAT list, then tapping to chokes and locks are huge disqualifiers, and the only candidates for GOAT are fighters who've never tapped to anything. Of the four usual candidates (Jones, Anderson, GSP, and Fedor), that leaves Jones, who has PED problems.

Presumably the GOAT is none of those four.

Last edited:
Yeah there was never any boring fights in Pride <34>

Actually there were plenty of boring fights in Pride.
Not sure what you’re getting at.

My point is that winning rounds under the Unified Rules meaningless to many fans.
Which is the basis of much criticism directed at GSP and Dom Cruz.
(Edgar and MM have evolved past that and have shown ability/desire to finish fights)

Winning is winning in the end. Beat everyone he's ever faced, beat all top contenders, claimed a higher division's belt after years of being away from the sport and did it by getting the finish you're criticizing him for.

I'm not saying he is the GOAT for sure, but there's few ways to discredit his status.

Actually there were plenty of boring fights in Pride.
Not sure what you’re getting at.

My point is that winning rounds under the Unified Rules meaningless to many fans.
Which is the basis of much criticism directed at GSP and Dom Cruz.
(Edgar and MM have evolved past that and have shown ability/desire to finish fights)
Other than Hendricks,which fights would GSP have lost if it wasn't Unified rules?
Whatever these "fans" are thinking,and I use that word very lightly,its really just sour grapes because their opponents are not as good as GSP is.

Lol @ Jon Jones being in GOAT contention TS.
Without steroids he gets beat by Gus and DC.
Who knows who else. Biggest fraud cheater in MMA.

well, at least we had a nice little break from all the GSP hate threads after the shitposting storm following ufc 217. back at it again i see.

Back