Are there really people who consider GSP one of the GOATs? Or are they just trolling?

GSP is clearly the GOAT. It's the fact. He has the most impressive MMA resume and is absolutely the best. Knowledgeable and true MMA fans know this. People who dispute these are those who really haven't got to watch him from the start of his career, his rise, his dominance in his prime and his journey. They only discovered UFC coz of internet access and has heard of Brock or Conor.

Anybody who doesn't have GSP in their top 5 GOAT list is someone who's MMA opinions you should not listen to.

As boring as I found GSP during his title reign, he is absolutely the GOAT. The level of competition the guy beat is unparalleled (beat the #1 contender Karo in his UFC debut ffs) and he virtually never took damage in any of his fights in his prime. Jones would have surpassed him by now but his multiple busts for PED use have put him on the shelf for a great portion of his prime years and tainted his legacy. Anyone saying Fedor and Anderson (my heart says Fedor as well but come on) are just being nostalgic IMHO as both faced inferior competition compared to GSP and had dramatic downfalls in their later years

Allow me to make the case that decision wins are more valuable than KO or other stoppage wins. When an opponent takes the fight to the final bell it proves they were legit competition, compared to some scrub who gets taken out early.

Compare GSP squeaking by Hendricks to Silva destroying Griffin. Hendricks gave GSP a ton of trouble but just didn't have enough to take the title from GSP. GSP showed why he is a champion in that fight. Griffin on the other hand had no business in the cage with Silva. Griffin is a drastically inferior fighter to Silva and therefor not useful as a yardstick in determining Silva's greatness.

tldr; GSP's long streak of decisions cement his GOAT status!

Allow me to make the case that decision wins are more valuable than KO or other stoppage wins. When an opponent takes the fight to the final bell it proves they were legit competition, compared to some scrub who gets taken out early.

Compare GSP squeaking by Hendricks to Silva destroying Griffin. Hendricks gave GSP a ton of trouble but just didn't have enough to take the title from GSP. GSP showed why he is a champion in that fight. Griffin on the other hand had no business in the cage with Silva. Griffin is a drastically inferior fighter to Silva and therefor not useful as a yardstick in determining Silva's greatness.

Thank you for presenting the case on a civilized way, but it reeks of fanboiism.

Under NO scenario is not being able to finish your opponent, more dominant than putting them to sleep.

Thank you for presenting the case on a civilized way, but it reeks of fanboiism.

Under NO scenario is not being able to finish your opponent, more dominant than putting them to sleep.

This post reeks of fanboiism. Under NO scenario is finishing your opponent after getting beat up prior more dominant than winning a clear cut decision

GSP is clearly the GOAT. It's the fact. He has the most impressive MMA resume and is absolutely the best. Knowledgeable and true MMA fans know this. People who dispute these are those who really haven't got to watch him from the start of his career, his rise, his dominance in his prime and his journey. They only discovered UFC coz of internet access and has heard of Brock or Conor.

True MMA fans know that not being able to finsh your opponents is not the mark of a GOAT.

Go and watch what Fedor/ Silva/ Jones did to their opponents to see that being a GOAT is.

The only one who could have/should have been over GSP is Jon Jones, because of how crazy his competition was.
And how impressive he was too.

He's the only one who could have a case over GSP.
But he's a cheater. He fucked it up. All he did worth nothing.

Not really you just ran outta time to beat your opponent n need judges to award you a win. It’s a 1/2 win at best.

Also if you look more closely many opponents gsp decisioned were finished more often during their career. So not only was he not able to finish his opponents, he wasn’t able to finish guy who aren’t that hard to finish

One of the dumbest OPs I've ever had the misfortune of reading. This guy is slamming decision victories, where GSP completely dominated and barely got scratched.

This place is crawling with beer chuggin "JUST BLEED" type fans trying to wax philosophical on the sport. Yeesh, it's painful!

TS is willingly and proudly ignorant. Slam your face against your keyboard instead of responding to anyone like that.

True MMA fans know that not being able to finsh your opponents is not the mark of a GOAT.

Go and watch what Fedor/ Silva/ Jones did to their opponents to see that being a GOAT is.

Silva and jones are cheaters though. And finishing fights might make you a better fighter but this sport is called Mixed martial arts not fighting which takes nothing away from how good of a martial artist he is.

Silva and jones are cheaters though. And finishing fights might make you a better fighter but this sport is called Mixed martial arts not fighting which takes nothing away from how good of a martial artist he is.

GSP cheated with vaseline. Or is cheating only cheating when the fighters have darker skin?

Also take a good at this pic. 100% natty, right?
GSP1.png

GSP cheated with vaseline. Or is cheating only cheating when the fighters have darker skin?

Also take a good at this pic. 100% natty, right?
View attachment 360551
darker skin, you're claiming im racist because I mentioned the 2/3 fighters in the message I responded to were cheaters? If were talking about vaseline didn't silva take some off his face and apply to his body? Also GSP didn't apply vaseline his corner did. And no I don't base fighters cheating on a pointless eye test that proves nothing.

GOAT definition = Greatest of all time.

Let's repeat......GREATEST OF ALL TIME.

Ask yourself......would a fighter who is considered "greatest of all time":

- Go 5 YEARS without being able to finish a single opponent, and 11 YEARS without finishing someone in your own weight class ????

- Need to rely on scorecards and boring, repetitive lay and pray for "wins"?

- Tap to strikes, by a smaller fighter no less?

- Need vaseline to cheat, in order to beat SMALLER fighters?

- Leave the UFC weeks before the NSAC starts implementing enhanced testing?

Now let's have a crash course on WIN QUALITY.

All "wins" are not created equal, and any idiot knows this, except GSP fans apparently. Which of these 2 kinds of wins is more dominant?

This?

View attachment 324467

Or this?
View attachment 324463

Want a laugh? Watch how far GSP fans will reach to try and fool themselves that somehow decisioning someone is just as dominant as putting them to sleep.

You have to literally be either from Canada, or a troll to include GSP's name among the ranks of these killers...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

GSP is absolutely a top tier fighter, the same way Cormier, and MM are top tier. The difference is that Cormier and MM can actually finish fights. You can't be an ELITE fighter if you rely on score cards, judges and decisions to "win" fights. True GOATS mostly beat their opponents so bad, that they cant continue fighting.

Cliffnotes: GOATS are KILLERS.

GSP being one of the GOATS?

LOL!
giphy.gif

I'll bite...

1. He's beaten every fighter he has ever faced.

2. He's won two titles in two different weight classes

3. Every fighter he has ever faced from his first fight on (to this day) has a winning record, a Wiki page, and has fought in a major organization.

4. Has 19 top 5 wins (17 at WW, BJ was LW champ, Bisping was MW champ)

GSP also heads Sherdog's Goat poll

c7ca1020-b69d-457d-8228-732ed439fefb.png

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/who-is-the-goat.3663377/page-14

Even if you don't think he's number 1 he's definitely top 5.

Anybody who doesn't have GSP in their top 5 GOAT list is someone who's MMA opinions you should not listen to.

I tend to go with this.

Personally I have GSP as GOAT, however I know it's all a subjective criteria, but not having him at least top 5 nullifies me considering anything someone says. Besides the few die hard haters in every GSP thread, I find most can agree with this as well.

I love how everyone tries to consider Serra a LW when he spent the majority of his career at WW. Funny how everyone seems to forget that.

Yea, i think GSP is one of the greatest to ever compete in mma.

I'll bite...

1. He's beaten every fighter he has ever faced.

2. He's won two titles in two different weight classes

3. Every fighter he has ever faced from his first fight on (to this day) has a winning record, a Wiki page, and has fought in a major organization.

4. Has 19 top 5 wins (17 at WW, BJ was LW champ, Bisping was MW champ)

GSP also heads Sherdog's Goat poll

c7ca1020-b69d-457d-8228-732ed439fefb.png

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/who-is-the-goat.3663377/page-14

Even if you don't think he's number 1 he's definitely top 5.

All that poll proves is how many Canadians are on Sherdog.

Any idiot knows that to be a GOAT , you need to be able to destroy your competition, not decision them.

Last edited:
Back