Are there really people who consider GSP one of the GOATs? Or are they just trolling?

Passed years of random USADA testing with an elite resume:

G̶S̶P̶
F̶e̶d̶o̶r̶
J̶o̶n̶ ̶J̶o̶n̶e̶s̶
M̶i̶c̶k̶y̶ ̶M̶o̶u̶s̶e̶
A̶n̶d̶e̶r̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶S̶i̶l̶v̶a̶

Conor-McGregor-2-731353.jpg
Conor has a better resume than Mouse, GSP, Silva and even Fedor.

Eddie Alvarez
Chad Mendes
Dustin Porier
Max Holloway
Jose Aldo

I'd put Conor's record right beside JBJ tbh. I'd give Conor extra credit for beating fighters his own size. Jon fought LHW with a HW frame and beat up much smaller men. And Jon still couldn't finish some of them.
The 2 best fucking posts in this thread.

standing-ovation.gif

Just a couple things I want to add.

All of Conor's wins were over killers who were in their primes.

And even Holloway was at least still a young hungry stud when Conor beat him.

Unlike Jones's opponents who were all legal senior citizens.

Most of Jones's wins were over fighters far past their primes

And Conor was far more dominant against far superior competition in far more stacked divisions

Sonnen said it best

"At LHW there's only one Jones. At FW and LW there are 10 Jon Jones fighters in each class who are all far more skilled then Jones"

"Here is the reason why Conor is the only true GOAT of MMA. FW and LW are the best divisions in all of MMA and Conor is the champ of both"

As I said earlier, accomplishments at FW and LW>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>"accomplishments" at LHW.

I don't hold Jones's "resume" in any kind of high regard

Plus when you just look at skill, its night and day, Conor is on another level to Jones

Jones doesnt even have better boxing then Ronda Rousey
bones-punched-by-gustafsson.gif

Wv7UkUD.gif

5NfrncB.gif

QUih1y.gif

l5oue.gif

NHafz2v.gif

tumblr_mtj1osH3pi1qaa8d1o3_250.gif

2vhvjer.gif

Jones's defense is still amature garbage by lowered MMA standards. Conor was matrix dodging Floyd in a boxing match.

Heres some more examples of Conor's amazing defense, skill, countering, IQ - and in general, of just how superior Conor is to Jones on every single possible level.
2i0u72t.jpg

vskw2s.gif

2nrzk3m.gif

Again, Conor is actually dominating SUPERIOR TALENTS in far more stacked talent rich divisions, far more impressively then Jones ever did lower competition

Jones would simply overwhelm and brute force strength smaller older weaker outmatched men in ugly fashion

Conor is pure skill, IQ, and finese - who's clean dominating other elite opponents in their primes

LHW is a kiddie pool in comparison to the shark tanks of FW and LW.

Jones is lucky that LHW has no boxers with any footwork - or has any kind of talent pool to speak of.

Jones has never beaten anyone his size or his age...and it's for that reason that Jones never would've even made my top 5 list with or without his failed tests

He outstruck strikers
He out wrestled wrestlers
He out grappled BJJ aces like Shields

I have to disagree here. And this is one of the main differences between Fedor and GSP:

GSP gameplanned to his opponents weaknesses very effectively....if you are a fan of tactics, he was probably more your speed.....

Fedor just went in there to beat you up wherever the fight went....

yes he is the goat. don't be stupid. he didn't finish someone is about as stupid as a reason gets. He's way higher on the list than silva. Who is hardly top 5, and is also a cheat.

GOAT definition = Greatest of all time.

Let's repeat......GREATEST OF ALL TIME.

Ask yourself......would a fighter who is considered "greatest of all time":

Go 5 YEARS without being able to finish a single opponent?

Need to rely on scorecards and lay and pray for "wins"?

Tap to strikes, by a smaller fighter no less?

Need vaseline to cheat, in order to beat SMALLER fighters?

You have to literally be either from Canada, or a troll to include GSP's name among the ranks of these killers...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

GSP one of the GOATS?

LOL
giphy.gif

N/A
No such thing.

Nate v Conor was only competitive because of Nate's weight advantage.

It was too big a weight jump for Conor. Nate will be slept at 155.

How is a perreniel top 5 - 10, fought for a title LW """average"""?

Nate Diaz has some great wins. No matter how hard you try to discredit him

And it was Conor's 2nd UFC fight. Max had 9 fights while Conor had 15. Let's stop pretending Max couldn't crawl until after he fought Conor.

Max's streak started after fighting Conor.

Conor also fought Chad on 2 weeks notice with a partially torn ACL. Chad didn't lose a decision due to fatiguing either. He was KO'd within 10m.

Yes. Dustin Porier is always an elite win. He's a perennial top 5 in every division he's fought in.

KZ got his title shot by beating Porier
Swanson got his title shot eliminator by beating Porier
Conor's title shot was all but secured by beating Porier

Casual detected.

Make arguments. Not excuses.

Good luck

1. Dustin Porier is not an elite win. Spin it how you want, the guy has never had a title shot.
  2. Conor's partially torn ACL is a myth.
  3. I noticed you conveniently failed to address your failed argument regarding Conor's comparison to JBJ.
  4. Max was 22 years old and had only been fighting for 3 years at that point in his career. He was green as fuck. Meanwhile, Conor was in his 16th pro fight and had already held two cage warriors belts. Hardly an elite win. If Conor beat Max today? Yeah, elite win.
I've been following the sport since Pride 12...I think you're projecting with your "causal" remark.

1. Dustin Porier is not an elite win. Spin it how you want, the guy has never had a title shot.
  2. Conor's partially torn ACL is a myth.
  3. I noticed you conveniently failed to address your failed argument regarding Conor's comparison to JBJ.
  4. Max was 22 years old and had only been fighting for 3 years at that point in his career. He was green as fuck. Meanwhile, Conor was in his 16th pro fight and had already held two cage warriors belts. Hardly an elite win. If Conor beat Max today? Yeah, elite win.
I've been following the sport since Pride 12...I think you're projecting with your "causal" remark.

You're right, and I agree with you but..

arguing with idiots 1.png

You have to literally be either from Canada, or a troll to include GSP's name among the ranks of these killers...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

GSP one of the GOATS?

LOL
giphy.gif
MMA is a sport and is about winning.

636013069857715316773253883_636013069854590264381858923_The-Rock-Meme-It-Doesnt-Matter-12.jpg

Passed years of random USADA testing with an elite resume:

G̶S̶P̶
F̶e̶d̶o̶r̶
J̶o̶n̶ ̶J̶o̶n̶e̶s̶
M̶i̶c̶k̶y̶ ̶M̶o̶u̶s̶e̶
A̶n̶d̶e̶r̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶S̶i̶l̶v̶a̶

Conor-McGregor-2-731353.jpg
He has 2 1/2 good wins. Everyone else being mentioned has 10+.

its mostly dorks looking for attention

hes at best 2nd tier in goat discussion

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

GSP one of the GOATS?

LOL
giphy.gif
You are an idiot! All those you mentioned were cheats, well not Fedora. (I still pick Jones over DC) GSP is the goat. Deal with it. Dominant wins is better than a ko. Anyone can get ko'd not all can be dominated the way they were by GSP

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

GSP one of the GOATS?

LOL
giphy.gif
This is the most well-thought explained post I've seen in here goddamn it!!!

I wonder if ts thinks he’s making a convincing argument or if he knows he just a shit head

GSP = UFC GOAT
FEDOR = All time GOAT.

the rest is well...I mean whatever.

Remember when GSP said he needed a break after defending his title for the 18th and half time? He needed time to sort out things in his life which was private,and Dana white said fuck that,you gotta give the belt up you sonofabitch,fuck Canada and fuck YOU.

Then GSP handled his shit and took a long and well deserved break.

Jon Jones couldnt hack being a champion like GSP. He plows into crowds of pregnant women while high on cocaine and unmarked bills in the trunk on his way to pick up roids for his fights.

GSP has the best record and he never got caught doping.

Making a case against him not being the greatest is pretty hard.

Just accept it.

Dumb metric. GSP is, without question, the most accomplished WW of all time.
Just like Fedor, Jones, Anderson, Aldo, and Mighty Mouse are the most accomplished in their respective divisions.

Stats. Anything else is all just stupidity.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back