Are there fish oil pills that are pure Omega-3?

Let me give you my advice on how to get your omega 3s this is a good breakfast!
Soak some chia seeds overnight in some coconut milk add some cinnamon get some quinoa and organic oatmeal cook the quinoa for a couple minutes then add the oatmeal for another 5 minutes mix all 3 together with the chia you soakes overnight if you want add some coconut butter or oil just a little bit. If you have a juicer get like 3 or 4 apples and juice them get half or a whole lemon and juice it along with your apples. You will not need to add any water or sugar to this lemonade. You need to activate omega 3s with vitamins C, B3 & B6, magnesium, zinc, insulin. You could eat some pineapple also has very good enzyme for all that protein and omega 3 your taking.

Well that'd be 100% ALA, taking fish oil would be a much more effective way to get your 3's.

I disagree with you about effectiveness the chia seed does have some omega 6 plus I'm sure most people here or almost anywhere already get to much omega 6 & 9 plus your getting second hand with fish which is still very good! If you think that little breakfast I just described is not effective in terms the amount of protein carbs enzymes fiber omega 3 activated is not effective then keep poping those fish pills or drinking that fish oil. I use to take Salmon Oil from Barlean's I can tell it's some good stuff but I have tell when you eat it fresh in a meal they way I described you just can't beat it's effectiveness.

Yes you can, with fish oil...

I'm curious where do fish get there oils from lets say a very oily fish like sprat fish that are very oily that salmon just love to eat. Go down the chain until see why you are getting second hand oil or the same as saying where the cow gets it's calcium from? You probably love milk right great source of calcium again second hand calcium.

I'm curious where do fish get there oils from lets say a very oily fish like sprat fish that are very oily that salmon just love to eat. Go down the chain until see why you are getting second hand oil or the same as saying where the cow gets it's calcium from? You probably love milk right great source of calcium again second hand calcium.

I don't even know what the fuck you're saying here... but fish oil is a direct source of EPA and DHA (ie, what you want going into your body) and your plant sources are ALA (which coverts at a very poor ratio to EPA/DHA).

That is all, thank you drive through...

And not that it has anything to do with this, but yes, grass fed/pastured whole milk fucking rocks...

I don't even know what the fuck you're saying here... but fish oil is a direct source of EPA and DHA (ie, what you want going into your body) and your plant sources are ALA (which coverts at a very poor ratio to EPA/DHA).

That is all, thank you drive through...

And not that it has anything to do with this, but yes, grass fed/pastured whole milk fucking rocks...

(which coverts at a very poor ratio to EPA/DHA). Well keep drinking that pastured milk with Pepsi and then go eat your pizza and you will be doing all kinds coverting to shit go eat some pop tarts that converts real nice

EFA must be converted from ALA, otherwise life would literally cease to exist instead the trend today is to promote a fear that people must get their DHA from fish

Last edited:
Let me just say this Zooplankton eat phytoplankton and algae the grass of the sea thats what these krill eat. People just have know how to convert this shit that's all. Don't get all butt hurt because my advices conflicts with yours you have to get all mad and start cussing me out! That breakfast I described works real good man and it is effective I know fish oil works good to but not as good.

I disagree with you about effectiveness the chia seed does have some omega 6 plus I'm sure most people here or almost anywhere already get to much omega 6 & 9 plus your getting second hand with fish which is still very good! If you think that little breakfast I just described is not effective in terms the amount of protein carbs enzymes fiber omega 3 activated is not effective then keep poping those fish pills or drinking that fish oil. I use to take Salmon Oil from Barlean's I can tell it's some good stuff but I have tell when you eat it fresh in a meal they way I described you just can't beat it's effectiveness.

ALA has to be converted to DHA, and it's converted inefficiently. By all means eat a lot of it, it's still useful and it displaces less-useful fats. But still take the fish-oil

Other animals are better are converting plant sources. We are not as good as bottom of the food chain fish, or for that matter chickens(high-ALA diet chicken lay DHA-heavy eggs). I don't get the same nutritional value from the sources of ALA that vegetarian animals do than I would get health benefits by eating the grass a healthy cow eats.

Let me just say this Zooplankton eat phytoplankton and algae the grass of the sea thats what these krill eat. People just have know how to convert this shit that's all. Don't get all butt hurt because my advices conflicts with yours you have to get all mad and start cussing me out! That breakfast I described works real good man and it is effective I know fish oil works good to but not as good.

Did you just suggest that the process of converting ALA to DHA is a learned skill?

ALA has to be converted to DHA, and it's converted inefficiently. By all means eat a lot of it, it's still useful and it displaces less-useful fats. But still take the fish-oil

Do you know why it is converted inefficiently?

Other animals are better are converting plant sources. We are not as good as bottom of the food chain fish, or for that matter chickens(high-ALA diet chicken lay DHA-heavy eggs). I don't get the same nutritional value from the sources of ALA that vegetarian animals do than I would get health benefits by eating the grass a healthy cow eats.

I think your going in the right direction you just don't believe me yet. I know most of the studies say ala will not convert good in humans. Recommended Dietary Allowance are a joke 400 iu of vitamin d are you kidding me! So do I think I can take all this ALA and go to Jack in the BoX and convert the this to dha,epa no way!

Did you just suggest that the process of converting ALA to DHA is a learned skill?

Do you think breathing air is a learned skill? I don't want sound like a smart ass but ala will convert poorly if you if your diet is poor if you lack vitamin c or zinc,niacin,b6,or if your a diabetic and don't have to much insulin that's going to effect the conversion. What I'm trying to say breathing is natural but when you smoke heavy it will effect your lungs and breathing. As natural of breathing air is so is converting ala but you must eat things that help that conversion or else I think most of is a waste. Just like enzymes are very important when you take proteins or carbs I always take some bromelain and papain with my protein shakes people don't talk enough about enzymes we should be talking more about these proteins they are crucial in our diet!

Do you have access to a peer-reviewed study that shows certain combinations of vitamins and minerals make human ALA conversion 20 times more effective?(which is what it would need to be in order to be competitive with dosing EPA/DHA directly)

Do you have access to a peer-reviewed study that shows certain combinations of vitamins and minerals make human ALA conversion 20 times more effective?(which is what it would need to be in order to be competitive with dosing EPA/DHA directly)

No.

Ok, then unless you have ethical objections to doing so, whole fish is the best way to get omega-3, followed by fish oil pills.

If you're an ethical vegan, have religious restrictions, etc....then of course you'll have to make do with vegetarian sources like nuts, flax seed and seaweed. And I'm sure you can get major benefit from that if the rest of your diet looks good. It's just a less efficient path by far.

Ok, then unless you have ethical objections to doing so, whole fish is the best way to get omega-3, followed by fish oil pills.

If you're an ethical vegan, have religious restrictions, etc....then of course you'll have to make do with vegetarian sources like nuts, flax seed and seaweed. And I'm sure you can get major benefit from that if the rest of your diet looks good. It's just a less efficient path by far.

Dr. Wayne Coates

Back