Are there certain Hispanic words/sayings White People can't say?

STEVEN SEAGOLD

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was having a discussion with a group of friends on-campus the other day.. We were talking about what the no-go zones are regarding appropriating/mimicking Hispanic people and their language.

A lot of Hispanics I know said it was offensive that a white person (Justin Bieber) sang Despiscito, calling it racial-language appropriation and subtle mocking and prejudice.

The boundaries are clear with regards to what you do not do or say to Black people, but for Hispanics/Browns the boundary in my opinion really isn't clear enough.

What do you think? Was Justin Bieber in the wrong?

"Can I mow your lawn?"

Just use common sense.

Despacito translation: slowly.

Confirmed that your friends are just as retarded as you are. You're in good company on campus.

Pretty much anything in Spanish.

The "white guy" accent just ruins the languange.

Pretty much anything in Spanish.

The "white guy" accent just ruins the languange.

Wife is half Irish and looks it. Very pale, red/light brown hair. She's also very fluent on Spanish, lived in Mexico city for a year and worked at a bilingual school for two years.

We went to cancun for our honeymoon and the people's reaction when she spoke Spanish, especially without the horrible gringo accent, was very entertaining for me.

I was having a discussion with a group of friends on-campus the other day.. We were talking about what the no-go zones are regarding appropriating/mimicking Hispanic people and their language.

A lot of Hispanics I know said it was offensive that a white person (Justin Bieber) sang Despiscito, calling it racial-language appropriation and subtle mocking and prejudice.

The boundaries are clear with regards to what you do not do or say to Black people, but for Hispanics/Browns the boundary in my opinion really isn't clear enough.

What do you think? Was Justin Bieber in the wrong?

0393a90e6a63fb8e6ff963627363846d.jpg

Isnt Raggaeton cultural appropiation of Jamaican culture?

White people can say whatever we want to whomever we want. Our team won, your team lost, and now whites rule the world via illuminati.

Also Spanish is a European language so any brown person speaking it should check their cultural appropriation.

Also Spanish is a European language so any brown person speaking it should check their cultural appropriation.

There are no brown people from Spain?

Isnt Raggaeton cultural appropiation of Jamaican culture?

Naw.

Islanders gotta stick together.

And Reggeton is generally much more heavily influenced by rap than reggae.

Lets start a huge discussion on what does and does not constitute a brown person!

I believe that conversation goes like this:

What makes a brown person?

Their skin tone...

Ok.

Ok.

Bye.

See ya.

I believe that conversation goes like this:

What makes a brown person?

Their skin tone...

Ok.

Ok.

Bye.

See ya.

ah but you see that "brown" person could have really been a white person who just went on to many Caribbean cruises and now he has a perma tan.

Back